PDA

View Full Version : What's The Rush ??

Drucilla
01-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Went boot shopping today. I was looking for a black keen high boot with pointed toe and nice heel. Looked in 4 stores and to my disappointment their boot inventory is almost completely gone. In their place they were stocking "spring" sandals and shoes. Don't know about where you live but winter is less than 1/2 over here. Seems that everyone is in a rush to move on to the next season without having time to enjoy winter !!
Personally I really like winter and the opportunity to wear sweaters, boots, coats, hats , gloves and all the other wonderful winter women's clothes .
It's the one time a year that a closet cross-dresser like me can put on all kinds of female things under a big coat and venture out in public with very little fear of being discovered ! You can even add lip gloss and little makeup and people think you have chapped lips and rosy cheeks because of the cold. Let's take time to enjoy what's left of winter before rushing to Spring !!

Laurie Ann
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
I second that and third that as well

Billijo49504
01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
That's FOUR sure!;)

brenna
01-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I feel it is a freebie to enjoy the warmth, yet elegant feel of pantyhose or stockings:clap:

kathy gg
01-10-2006, 09:53 AM
HI!

I used to work in retail and that is how the business works. Clothing for the next season comes midway through the current season. Clear as mud?

Also, retailers also have to have sring and summer items available for those who are traveling to warmer locals in the winter months. Plus you have to remember, fashion moves fast, items must be rid of quickly before that look is passe'.

Most stores actually start putting winter and fall items up in August. Keep in mind those are also out there for kids and parents shopping for 'back to school' as many families like to get all their shopping done before the season actually hits.

Don't also forget the big day after Crhistmas sales {or Boxing Day as we call it in Canada} have already helped shrink what was left of their winter merchandise.

So....shop for spring and summer in late winter! Shop for winter and fall at the end of summer! Unless you want to chance jsut buying at sale prices once the season is actually in progress.

Happy shopping!