PDA

View Full Version : Rant!!!

Isa
03-08-2014, 09:06 PM
My brother, and my boss have complimented me on a new jacket I have. Brother said it was the most stylish thing I've worn and it shocked him a bit. (as a guy I wear a Grey or black shirt and jeans) My boss, shocked as well said "Damn, one day you come in with a pretty lavender jacket(which was purchased in the men's section) and today you come wearing this..Would you make up your mind?! "
Funny thing is, this new "masculine" jacket was bought in the women's section! In certain ways, however small.. The lines of the masculine and the feminized have been blurred..

lingerieLiz
03-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Enjoy it. I used to have a silk blouse that guys would say they wanted one like it. I find it interesting when macho guys like what I'm wearing and have no clue it is a woman's. On the other hand there are a lot of male clothes that they won't wear because it is "too gay". Go figure.

Tracii G
03-09-2014, 02:36 AM
99% of my jackets are womens and my guy friends have said things like "cool jacket".
My main winter coat is a wool P coat and nobody has said a word even tho it buttons from the other side than a mans coat.
I'm doing my part to blurr the lines too.

Marcelle
03-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Isa

Interesting experiment in perception. People see what they want to see in most cases. If people you know think "man's man" when they see you and you are wearing women's articles of clothing, so long as those articles are not over (e.g., a dress, skirt, girl jeans with butterfly sequins) they will most likely process . . . guy clothes. I mean why not, unless they have some inkling you are CD. Now IMHO, if people knew you were CD they would be more inclined to think the lavender jacket (guy clothing) was the women's jacket (colour associated) and the drab jacket (female) was a guy's jacket.

I have seen a similar effect in my workplace between people who know about Isha and those who don't. While I try not to mix "girl" and "boy" me in the workplace, sometimes Isha will bleed through in mannerisms or gestures. Not anything like overt swaying of hips while walking but subtle gestures or posture. I was giving a presentation to a group of Alpha Male guys who believe me if I was doing something strange and out of the ordinary, I would hear about it. Included in this group was a woman who knows about Isha and afterwards she asked me "did you mean to be so feminine in your presentation because it sure came across that way". Now, the guys in the group have known me for years both personally and operationally, I was due to go out with them for beers so figured I was going to get the ribbing of my life . . . didn't happen . . . in fact never mentioned. Believe me, if they had a reason to rib me (good heartedly of course) they would have. So I believe it was a case of perception. The girl who knows I am CD say the feminine expressions. They guys who didn't know saw only the "guy".

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
03-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I agree lines do get blurred.
I was complimented on my skinny jeans on more than one occasion.

Katey888
03-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Some of this is perception - most is just fashion and what we're fed by the media and fashion industry as femme and masculine... I think if you look back there's about a 12-15 year cycle of male = really male and then male = oooooh, pastels! Or some such trend... :D

Thank goodness us girls of a certain age can just stick with style... :heehee:

Katey x

Eryn
03-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I go to work every day with my T-shirt being the only "male" item I'm wearing. Everything else is from the other side of the aisle. As long as it isn't embellished or in wild colors they pass for male perfectly and give me both a good physical (love spandex in jeans!) and psychological feeling. Nobody has ever mentioned my choice in clothing except in saying things like "You look better lately, have you lost weight?"

devida
03-09-2014, 07:19 PM
The lines have been blurred for a long time. I haven't dressed as well as I do now since I was a teenager when I dressed from Carnaby Street and the King's Road in floral shirts which would be thought of as women's blouses today, lots of lace and bell bottom jeans. But you know I haven't had one man say anything but compliment me on wearing women's clothes. Women notice more than men do but they don't seem to care much either.