PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever take pics while dressed...

Wildaboutheels
03-09-2014, 03:02 PM
would be a dumb Q. Very dumb. And I am in no way making an attempt to force anyone out of their closet.

To shop for heels.

BUT... there is no way around it. It's an inescapable FACT. No matter how great heels might look in the store, some WILL make your legs look worse and some WILL make your legs look better. No use trying to figure out exactly why and I am not talking about color or style. They must be tried on and viewed in a mirror or photographed to see if they "flatter" or "insult" your legs. And some are far more "tolerable" comfort wise than others.

This ^^^ would make it easy to imagine that ladies who are strictly closet dressers are likely the ones who do most of the online ordering? Seems like it would make it awfully difficult to find comfortable and/or "flattering" shoes? Or maybe you usually order in a couple of styles and sizes and return some?

Part of the reason I ask is because most of my heels are 10 & 11s with a few 12s. [I wear a 11 in mens] Sizing, just like jeans, is all over the map.

One of the biggest benefits of trying them on in a store is to at least find ONE pair with a 3 or 4 inch heel that are COMFORTABLE enough to walk around in for practice and or "train" your feet/legs/body & balance. Just because they ARE heels is no reason to be miserable when wearing them.

Eryn
03-09-2014, 03:18 PM
I agree. I probably try on a dozen pair before I find one that both fits and flatters. Fit is the difficult thing and from what I understand this afflicts GGs just as much as it does CDers. The only difference is that GGs have years of flexibility training that I lack.

One style that I've found to be particularly wearable is the mid-heel (2-1/2" to 3") bootie. I have a couple of pair that are comfortable enough for extended walks like mall outings. They provide a bit of ankle support and are roomy enough that my toes don't feel that they are being squished. One really great thing is that they work well across seasons. I wear them out often even though I am 6'2".

I see no reason to wear a 4" heel for "training." If you can walk well in a 3" chunky heel you can easily adapt to a 4" pointy heel for special occasions. You're just going to walk slower and with shorter steps, just as a GG would do.

KellyTeddyBear
03-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I plan to take pics when I fully dress except for shoes, as I dont have any atm. I have wondered about heels and walking in them.

Julia Red
03-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I got all my shoes online. While I think it gives much more time to compare and choose (I usually take HOURS), it's kind of a lottery to know how or IF they'll fit.

I've bought about 15 pairs, and so far I had to return 2 of them to get a smaller number. If is a boot it doesn't matter that much if they are bigger, but those were pumps and they were slipping off my feet. Some of them do not fit that well and are NOT confortable, but I've never regretted getting any of them.

Right now I'm waiting for a white boot I got online, let's see how it goes.

Brooke B
03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I've taken pictures while dressed just not my shoes. It is way different from what you see in the mirror to what the picture shows, IMO

Janine cd
03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I agree. Seeing yourself totally dressed with heels is a good way of seeing what others might see. I love seeing pictures of myself fully dressed when everything is totally feminine.

Greenie
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
I prefer to take pictures of what the shoes I am trying on look like "through another lense" before buying them. Sometimes they look better in your mind than then look when you take a picture. Good deterrent to not waste money on crappy shoes.

Adriana Moretti
03-09-2014, 09:24 PM
the real question here should be..."Who Dosent".....LOL....

Beverley Sims
03-10-2014, 11:57 AM
I try them on in store before purchase, in either mode I might add.
Then if they are crap after that, I return them.

Taylor Ray
03-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I used to love taking pictures but I purged them all a few years ago. I didn't want them "floating around the internet", so to say. I miss having them but am still forcing myself to remain "picture-less" for now.

Rachael Leigh
03-10-2014, 07:02 PM
For me the shoes defiantly complete the outfit almost as much as the wig. Now for me like many here I've got that hard to find size 11 or 12. So my shoe options are limited in store. Never bought any shoes online. Like Eryn I've got a pair of the ankle booties and love them.

ngzero
03-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I enjoy taking selfies when dressed, who doesnt :)

Talisker
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Would try them on in high street store if had my shoe size :(
Unfortunately only my size in Adult Stores who have seen it all.
Think i posted some changing room selfies a while back.

KayleeAnn
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
It is hard to shop for heels really but lucky for me, the man I'm with works at his family store which is a small local shoe shop. I don't dress outside the home so if I want a pair of heels we go after hours and try them on, and I do still pay full price :(. The rest of the clothing, he goes and buys for his girl, me, and that is what he tells the check out if they ask though they usually don't. We tend to stick to a very certain style of clothing, mainly because that is what i'm most comfortable in and look best in so yea. As for the pictures, of course I take them, and they are put up around our place, well not all lol, but pictures are a part of life and I love being taking pics.

sanderlay
03-25-2014, 06:38 PM
I have taken pictures, but I'm usually not happy with the results. What I feel and what the picture shows are different. If only I could Photoshop my physical face and body... then... PRESTO-CHANGE-O! Perhaps someday I'll have the talents to edit a picture to reflect my own mental self image. :D

I do have a few pairs of heels I have bought and I wear them in my home. I do love the feeling of femininity they project in my mind, being a child of the 1950's. But in this rural area it's a rare sight as they're just not practical. It's like the difference between city and country living here. So I concentrate on feminine casual shoes that I can wear outside and mix better with my masculine side.

Jorja
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I never take pictures while dressed. The cloths get in the way! :)

Karren H
03-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Lately I haven't.... mater of fact I don't know where Karen's camera is!

Wildaboutheels
03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Ummmmmm, the issue here is that some heels will make your legs look good [or better than other heels] and some will make your legs look bad. Particularly one's calves. That can't be determined catalog shopping.

Shoes are similar to jeans. Just because they look good in a pic or hanging on a rack does not mean they are going to improve one's presentation.

Princess Grandpa
03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
I wear 10.5 in men's. I'm in 12s or 13s in women's. I've only found two stores that I can try shoes on at. Trying on heels is my new favorite thing.

Hug
Rita

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi WAH, I take them for private personal use only.

andreah
04-19-2014, 09:29 AM
I take pics of my legs, feet in heels, some upskirts while sitting on my couch or in my truck , these are all personal I seldom post them on other sites

Jenelle
04-19-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't but this is more about I can't find my size at brick and mortar stores. I do look at them in a full length mirror from as many angles as possible before deciding if a trip to the UPS store for a return is in order.

noeleena
04-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I get others to take photos of myself after iv taken every one else's if i remember or think about it, other wise cant really be bothered though sometimes ill take a few after our events, just to show i was there,

at some events ill take 600 or more then check them on the computer when its working right, then back them up so we can look back at what we'v done just you wont find many of myself,

...noeleena...

Adriana
04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Love taking pictures of my high heels and legs. Also, wish that I had a smaller foot (size 13 or 14 US)...so online shopping for me.

NicoleD
04-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I love taking pics while dressed with heels on, for me my heels complete the figure change, they give my legs so much more shape. I wasn't really into heels at first but I think I have three pairs of shoes and to pairs of boots all with a nice size heel.

RayanneA
04-19-2014, 01:09 PM
So is this thread about shoes or pictures LOL. I've taken pictures of myself dressed since before there were digital cameras. At the time I was afraid to take them anyplace for development, so I used slide film and developed them myself so nobody would know. Digital cameras have made things a whole lot better though. It is so much easier to judge my own look when I can take a quick picture and see it and make any necessary adjustments.

Ferl
05-02-2014, 12:07 AM
I have made several pics of me in my heels... I have posted them in another place on the internet, but because of the fact that i'm still (and i don't think about changing at the moment) a closet crossdresser i won't change that i try them at the shop...

Rachel32533
05-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Yes, I love to take pics when dressed. It gives me a chance to see how others would see me and how I may improve .. Hugs

imnskirts
05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I love pictures while dressed. Digital Cameras are great for us!

Hell on Heels
05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Pics while dressed, are you kidding! Kristyn seems to be a pic addict!
Thanks to a good friend here ,thanks Adriana, I recently started making videos.
They are even more helpful than the pics.
As for buying those heels, I purchase mine in store. Where I live I have had many
issues with mail and package deliveries, not worth the trouble or the risk of them
getting into the wrong hands.
Much Love,
Kristyn

joleentgif
05-02-2014, 02:08 PM
many times! just hard to hide the evidence :s

KittyD
05-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I lOve my heels/shoes but finding places to buy them for my size10 feet can be a nightmare at times :( Anyone know of where they keep the good stuff :P
And 4real always taking photos & videos of shoes & outfits... Tiz a must :)

Sarah21
05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Love taking pics too, they are a great way of knowing if an outfit works or looks absolutely awful.
I get my shoes in store as well.

Actually tonight I had an issue with a combination of both topics in this thread.
I was taking photos whilst wearing new shoes, had the camera on a timer and couldn't believe how noisy my shoes were on the wooden floor.
I have neighbors in the apartment below me so I was conscious of the noise. I either need to get a few rugs for the floor or stick something on to the soles of the shoes in future. Wearing flats isn't an option!

Paige62
05-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi i have a real blast taking photos while dressed and in all different poses and posting them on flickr only for myself and can see what if any progress i am making with make up etc xxxx love hugs and kisses Paige

AllieSF
05-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Well, my legs look like they look and there is not much that I can personally do about that. When I by heels, I want fit first, comfort second. I never look at my legs, because they are are what they are.

Lunchbox
05-25-2014, 05:38 AM
I LOVE taking pics while im dressed! Today at like four am I took a nice walk around the block, and took SSSOOO many selfies! Also I back everything up on my pc and external hdd

manito_76
05-25-2014, 09:10 AM
Your foot size has its advantages. Many like me love big feet!

:*
I lOve my heels/shoes but finding places to buy them for my size10 feet can be a nightmare at times :( Anyone know of where they keep the good stuff :P

manito_76
05-25-2014, 09:18 AM
In my town there are 2-3 shops for "huge women." There is a variety of shoes and clothing for huge ladies, so it can be used by trans people. Also in some ses shops are boots and heels until the number 12

p.s.country in which I live is not yet in the EU, although in Europe

Pat
05-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Using photos to decide if your heels flatter you? Pointless. That's what friends are for. Using photos to admire myself in heels? Love to.

Gailmiles
05-27-2014, 11:30 PM
still to much of a closet dresser but maybe soon I can find the courage to do some see how I look..

Sc0rp10N
05-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Being a visually oriented person, and a bit narcissistic, and always looking for ways to improve everything I do, classic perfectionist, to a point, yes, we take pics, before, during and after.

Monica XO Monroe
05-28-2014, 10:20 AM
I love to take selfies all dolled up! It it the best way to gauge for myself if I like my look. I love trying new outfits, wigs, and shoes and improving my makeup! I also love looking back at them since I do not live 24/7 in heels! I want to get a professional photo session soon with me and my wife dressed up as pin-up girls! Fun,Fun,Fun!

CrossJess
05-28-2014, 10:30 AM

Yea mee lol I hate having picture taken, camera shy is not the word every pic of me usually results in me putting my hands over my face to hid the embarrassment, I dress 24 hours a day 52 weeks a year super girly there would come a point when taking pictures all the time would get boring and I would feel very shallow and self obsessed if I felt the need to do so and that's not to say that people who take selfies are shallow and self obsessed it's just how it would make me feel, if I was a weekend crossdresser then yea maybe but more for opinions on maybe the top I just bought etc

Aviatrix
05-28-2014, 10:34 AM
I've never taken pictures of just shoes to see how they look... but for shopping I have gotten to the point to where I will try them on in the store, walk a little, stand a bit, and of course see how they look in the mirror. Hard part is that I don't know how they will look with an outfit but the good thing about that is if they don't look right, I know they fit so that means it is time to buy a new outfit for my new shoes, oh and buy some new shoes for my old outfit!

I have gotten weird looks... more like glances but have never had anyone question me, berate me, stare in disgust at me, or anything derogatory. I've had one or two head shakes and a "I'll just turn around like I didn't see anything" action, but it doesn't bother me any... I'm still shopping! Think about it, 99.9% of the time those people don't know me, I don't know them, nor will I ever interact with them so what does their opinion of me matter (replaces the I's and Me's with You)!?!

Good luck in your shoe shopping girls!!

--Charlene

Women are some of the strongest and courageous creatures on this earth and I'd like to embody that courage also! :)

bianca316
05-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Selfies are fun! Plus it's fun to pose different rather than a typical guy pose. 😃

dtride
05-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I love taking pics of myself dressed, I do take alot of pics of my heels when I dress, all my heels are 4in and higher,it is alot of fun.

Renee Elise
05-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Sure that's part of the fun! Still relatively new to makeup etc. so it's a good way to see progress :).

Zylia
05-30-2014, 04:08 AM
Online shopping makes finding the right pair of shoes a bit harder in some regards, but not necessarily impossible, it just means you have to return some items every now and then, which I do all the time. It's not a big deal either, because in the Netherlands, all online shops are legally required to accept returns within 14 days (with a few exceptions such as underwear, food and bespoke items).

falcongts
05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I love taking pictures while dressed If only my camera would be nice to me LOL

Yesterday I had a chance to wear my high heel boots Pleaser 6" tall heels I had to change the way I walked they forced me to walk as well wiggle like a LADY Here is the part that got me
I then put on my seduce 420 classic high heel pumps 6" heel Same brand and company Just felt so different
And yes I took pictures