PDA

View Full Version : "I better get this dress on, quick!"

Taylor Ray
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
The past few days of work have been really stressful. Today I finished up and found myself literally rushing to my closet so I could "hurry up and be dressed."

"Whew! That's much better."

Anyone else ever find themselves in this type of feeling?

Tina B.
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I wake up feeling that way just about every morning! Being retired, it generally ends with "Whew! That's much better."

KimberlyJean
03-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Even when it is just fem jeans and a top. I feel much more relaxed when dressed. The only drawback is the last year or so it has to be complete. Shave my face and everything, I feel best with make-up, nails, and perfume, but I can still get by without them. Lately I have had plenty of time to dress and the feeling has not subsided. Normally when I get enough girl time I don't shop or dress as much, lately I have been dressing almost everyday and each time I get the feeling that you are talking about.

Katey888
03-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Pretty much every day, Taylor, pretty much...

But then I know that I have a once a week window, and sometimes on that day it won't happen... :cry:

This morning it did - so happy Katey for a few days! :cheer:

Katey x

Jilmac
03-09-2014, 07:04 PM
I love getting the girl on every day, and can't wait to get home to put on something femme

Christen
03-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh sure! There have been times when others lives have been in danger, if they where between me and a dress, but.. and I don't know if it's reduced stress level's or being able to chat with you all here, I'm not experiencing that feeling so much these days.

Christen x

Connief
03-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Happens every morning! I can't wait to get home, in a nice relaxing bubble bath and then into something soft and pretty.

Julia Red
03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
At those days that I know I will not get the chance anyway, I just try to relax doing something else. But when there's a chance, I jump at it.

I usually know exactly when and how much time I'll have to dress up. When that time is getting close I feel anxious, thinking about what I'll be wearing and what top could go with what skirt and so on.

Earlier today I knew my wife would work 7-15, so I went to bed early last night, woke up early, did some shaving and then (finally) dolled myself up. I had such a good time.

Next chance I'll have will be friday night, so I'll try to keep calm until there... but yeah, it's so relaxing... I wonder if men that never tried CDing would feel the same...

Adriana Moretti
03-09-2014, 09:45 PM
yes...but i always manage to screw it up somehow when I rush...but it does feel better

Jennifer S
03-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Dressing is the best stress reliever. My closet is my happy place

Mariana
03-09-2014, 10:54 PM
I have the same feeling every single day but only once or twice a week I can do it...anyway, tomorrow is my lucky day! : )

Taylor Ray
03-09-2014, 11:57 PM
But then I know that I have a once a week window, and sometimes on that day it won't happen

I am curious Katey: why can you only dress once a week? Judging by the frequency you change your profile pic (which all look fabulous!), I would have pegged you for an "every evening" dresser.

rachel_rachel
03-10-2014, 12:22 AM
I do get to a point where I have to ask my wife to take all of the kids with her when she takes one of them to dancing practice or something like that. I need to have girly time at least once a week, more if I can.

Anna H
03-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Yep, I know that feeling Very well! It sure makes the day end well when
timing works out!

:)

elaineg
03-10-2014, 02:15 AM
I was working in very highly stressful Job. When I walked into the house my wife would look at me and say "Just go put on a dress baby"....

Marcelle
03-10-2014, 03:00 AM
I get that feeling when Isha gets a bit antsy to see the light of day. So boy me has to give sway and let her do her thing . . . Yep . . . Whew, that's better.

Hugs

Isha

Amari
03-10-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm working away from home (500km) for 14 weeks and the time has been good for dressing after work. I've picked up a head cold and am feeling miserable, can't take time off - to much to do at work and I'm on a contract, no work no pay. I came back to the apartment tonight feeling rotten. I stripped off the work drab, put on a soft cup bra, inserted my chicken fillets, put on a nice soft pair of panties and a soft stretchy singlet top. It's comforting, almost like a cuddle form my wife, talk about a stress relief...

Katie7
03-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Painting my nails while drinking a glass of wine is always a good way off taking my mind off work

Katie x

Beverley Sims
03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
It is a normal course of events for me to come home and immediately change.

Susan L
03-10-2014, 12:01 PM
For me it doesn't seem to matter if I'm stressed or not, I just always get that "Whew! That's much better" feeling. I wake up wanting to dress and I get home wanting to dress and I want to wear femm clothes to bed but that's the one thing my wife ask me not to do.

RylieCD
03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
This is I my first time dressing in a few weeks, due to schedule change at work I haven't been able to dress and it has been torture. This past weekend moreso, not sure if it was the build up of not dressing or the anticipation that today was almost here. Feeling wonderful now :)

Jane G
03-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't have a stressful job any more, but the same still applies, I had flu a few weeks back and still getting over it. Even when feeling terrible the simple act of dressing makes me feel so much better. It just lifts your whole spirit and makes the world seem better. :)

lovetobedani
03-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I do all the time. Dressing fem gives me a feeling of clam that I cannot explain. The more stressed I get the more I need my fem side. I think that I just have to try to work from hom eenfem so all will be right with my world.

suzanne
03-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Agreed. And the worst part of my day is when I have to change back into drab for work. Sigh.