PDA

View Full Version : Hooray!

Shy_Confusion
03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
I've always been close to my mom. Even now that I'm an adult (mid-30s) me and my ma have always made time for each other. But lately I've pushed her away as I did a lot of soul searching about who I was and what was going on with me, because I just didn't know how to tell her.

But today we sat down and had coffee just the two of us and I told her everything I had been going through in a tear stained mess. I really was terrified about how this would go since I grew up in a fairly strict religious home. You know what my mom told me? "You should go to the city and get a make over and spend a weekend living as a woman." She also said she loved and supported me no matter what I did!

I just wanted to share my amazing feeling with as many of you as I could.
Ideally I'd pull out my box of 45s and we could have an all night dance/PJ slumber party, but I guess the internet will have to do. ;)

Eryn
03-10-2014, 01:35 AM
That sounds like a good outcome. Of course, what she expects to come of her suggested trip remains to be seen. Still, it sounds like she is more tolerant than you might have expected!

Be sure to give her a lot of hugs! :)

Shy_Confusion
03-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Believe me, Eryn; I did. Lots of hugs!

Marcelle
03-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Hi there,

What a great story and what a great moment you shared with your mom. It is acceptance by those we love that makes this thing we do much easier.

Hugs

Isha

Evelyn
03-10-2014, 03:29 AM
I had that same tearful conversation with my wife, a [I]long[I] time ago. She is still supportive and understanding, as are my children. Big hug for your mum.

Katey888
03-10-2014, 03:43 AM
I do believe most parents feel this way about most of their children - what is nice is that they often surprise us that their unconditional love is truly unconditional... :)

I'm sure she could see and sense your sincerity and pain, and supported you in the only way she knew how... it's probably the only unconditional support we can be assured of... :hugs:

Now you can go try it...! :D

Katey x

Princess Grandpa
03-10-2014, 08:13 AM
It is acceptance by those we love that makes this thing we do much easier.

Acceptance as who we are is such an amazing thing. I'm very happy for you!

Hug
Rita

Jordan
03-10-2014, 08:18 AM
great for you glad to hear of the great out come

Beverley Sims
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I think that is a lovely response to your dilemma.
Now, don't over do it advance slowly so as your mum can get used to the new you.

MsVal
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Your mom loves you enough that your happiness is more important to her than anything else. She's a wonderful woman, but not unique. It's called unconditional love, and it's more common than we may believe.

Congratulations. Now wipe off the tears and get a makeover.

Best wishes
MsVal

Shy_Confusion
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm just glad I could share the euphoria with others. Thank you for the kind and considerate words.
I'm starting to feel freer like it's okay to come out my shell a bit more. It's an amazing feeling.
But don't worry, it's baby steps all the way for me!
Although I think it's time to make that gender therapist appointment.

Taylor Ray
03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
That is an amazing moment you had! You must be really brave to be able to do that. I am happy for the good outcome.

JamieTG
03-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Thats wonderful!! Sometimes we are frozen with fear in telling someone important, imagining the worst possible reaction. I'm close to my sister but I didn't confide my secret until 4 years ago, at age 56. She handled it wonderfully and the only thing that upset her was that I had kept it from her for so long.