PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants to help me dress

evadan
03-10-2014, 11:31 AM
My wife and I are going out of town this weekend for a little get-away giving me a couple evenings of "Eva" time. She will help me with my make-up, nails and getting my hair (wig) to look its best. She has asked in the past if she could help me get dressed. I'm not sure how I feel about that? What do y'all think?

Thanks,

Eva D.

P.S. It's wonderful that she is so supportive! I lover her so much!

sandra-leigh
03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
What do you see as the negatives?

Melissa_59
03-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Wow, a supportive wife? I can't see any negatives in that, honestly. I could conjure up some detective novel conspiracies if you really want me to, but I'd say take the ball and run with it.

Oops! Football metaphors again. Oh well. Enjoy!

kimdl93
03-10-2014, 11:37 AM
absolutely and positively allow her the opportunity to help you. She made a great offer and her help will boost your confidence on the nights out.

RebeccaLynne
03-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Eva, that sounds wonderful! I think it's terrific that she's so supportive. You're the envy of many here, I'd guess. Since she's expressed a desire to help you femme it up, I can't imagine a downside. :D

So will it be just you two enjoying each other's company in private, or do you plan on venturing out? In the latter case, I'm certain her assistance could prove invaluable... and enjoy your weekend, wherever it may take you!

Anna H
03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I learn new things when my wife helps me....every time!
It's the kind of advisement that I love to get....

:happy: ♥

Leslie Langford
03-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Seriously??? You have to ask this group such a question? Is the Pope Catholic? Does the sun rise and set every day?

You darn well know the answer, Eva... Unless you fear that someday your wife might use this against you, I can only conclude that you are having some fun at our expense here, and are messing with our minds... ;)

Jenelle
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I cannot see a negative to this at all. My gf is pretty supportive and definitely gives me feedback (positive and negative) which I love. She hasnt actually helped me but that is more me than her. She knows I am a "I will get this done I dont need your help" kind of person so she leaves me be. If I ever asked for help I know she would be right there.

This is only a guess as I do not know anything about your story but if dressing has been a fairly private affair for you (even with a supportive wife) I can see how having help offer could make you feel unsure about the situation. Only advice I can give is to try and figure out why you feel unsure about it then talk to your wife. Maybe you just are not ready to share that part of the experience yet.

Beverley Sims
03-10-2014, 12:08 PM
If your wife shows interest in your activities just give her all the assistance she needs. :)

Nadine Spirit
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM
How wonderful of your wife. Good for you two. I'd say go for it. But make sure you are relaxed about it. As in, don't get touchy if she suggests you do something different than you are used to.

Maggie O'neal
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Enjoy ! Your wife is one special lady !

Kate Simmons
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
That's the best part Hon. Need I say more? :battingeyelashes::)

Katey888
03-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Eva - you're not sure how you feel about... and what do we think?? :confused:

It's great that she's supportive and offering to get involved, but if you're not sure how you feel about it, is there something else giving you cause for concern or uncertainty that you're not sharing with us? If there isn't, then I see no issues - but if you have uncertainties, then what are they?? :)

Katey x

carhill2mn
03-10-2014, 01:02 PM
I can understand why you might feel a bit hesitant about your wife helping you get "dressed". This has likely been a "private" thing. In this case, I would suggest that you do what you can to overcome any shyness and use this opportunity to please your wife (there is no down side to that) and maybe learn more about the "art" of looking land acting like a woman.

Have fun!

Stephanie47
03-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I read some of your previous posts. She appears to be truly supportive. If it is her decision to participate I would allow her to assist you, IF you are willing. Your apprehension may be nothing more than fearing the unknown. If she shops for you already I would think she is past being turned off my your cross dressing. Unlike some other women who have express outright rejection and revulsion for their cross dressing spouses, I do not think she will be anything but helpful. Women provide helpful hints and suggestions all the time. Have fun! Remember also to give her on a separate getaway 100% boy time.

kendra_gurl
03-10-2014, 01:13 PM
It's wonderful to have a supporting and helpful wife. My guess is that she would like to make you appear a little more natural and passable than you my be accustomed too.

Advice: Give into her approach without questioning her motivation. It may well not be the look you are used too but I'll bet you will not be clocked as a crossdresser nearly as much as if you had done it all yourself.

Have fun, give her creation time to settle in on you for awhile and then suggest some small changes on your second outing if you feel you must.

Jilmac
03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
My wife knew I dressed but disapproved and wanted no participation whatsoever' so if your wife is willing to help my advise is take advantage of all the help she can offer.

MsVal
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
You probably have read numerous accounts where a wife/SO/girlfriend is repulsed by the mere thought of crossdressing, and are properly thankful that your story is not among them. We celebrate stories like yours and wish there were more.

Knowing that the common response is to *NOT* be helpful, I believe you should go out of your way to demonstrate in powerful words and great deeds, your appreciation for her acceptance. Be subtle but be certain that she is aware of a cause and effect relationship.

Best wishes
MsVal

Genneva Lynn
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
What a Gem you have, I would sure enjoy that.

MsDanii
03-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Please don't shut her out. Yes it has been your thing.
However your wife loves you and wants to share moments and help you. Just take it at her pace, and you will enjoy many beautiful moments

vallerie lacy
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Last week my wife told me that she wanted to do my makeup the next time I dressed. What was I to say? I had a great time. She said that I have a tendency to use a little too much eye shadow. I told her that I can't help it if I'm a ****ty looking lesbian. It doesn't get any better than a supportive wife!

mechamoose
03-10-2014, 05:36 PM
My wife and I are going out of town this weekend for a little get-away giving me a couple evenings of "Eva" time. She will help me with my make-up, nails and getting my hair (wig) to look its best. She has asked in the past if she could help me get dressed. I'm not sure how I feel about that? What do y'all think?

Um.. You have a gift there.

Your partner supports you! Let her! If she likes palling around with the Girl you then go for it!

- MM

lovetobedani
03-10-2014, 05:53 PM
What a wonderful situation you have there. You're lucky to have such a supportive wife. Make her happy by allowing her to help you. I'm sure that she'll teach you how to do things better and it'll draw you closer as a couple.

Make sure to tell her how much you love her and by all means do something special for even if it's just a card or even a hand written note.

Alice B
03-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Let her do it. It involves her and increases her acceptance. Have fun.

Robin777
03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Go for it! My wife helps me pick out clothes when we go shopping at the thrift stores and clearance racks. I know you have a lot of jealous members of this forum right now. Enjoy yourself! Just be glad you have been blessed to have a supporting wife.

Eryn
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
If your wife wants to participate she should certainly do so! You're a lucky girl!

Be careful, however, to keep up your end of things. She can help you with makeup and clothing, but treat it as a learning experience with the goal of doing it yourself after she teaches you. She's not your makeup and wardrobe attendant. Also, don't expect her to know everything. GGs have little experience with beard cover, for example. Some things you just have to learn for yourself! :)

evadan
03-10-2014, 07:04 PM
She has been doing my make-up for me as I'm a later starter in that department and I need my glasses to see what I'm doing. A lesson for our younger members on the Forum - take all the opportunities you can when you are younger!

Thanks girls for all the feedback and support!

Eva D.

KellyTeddyBear
03-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I am lucky that my g/f likes it when I dress for her and I am sure when i am ready to try makeup she will help me with that.

Taylor Ray
03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Maybe there is a cat fight brewing in the unconscious realm of your relationship?

"Oh no she didn't!!!" (waving finger in the air)

Probably best to chill out and go with it.

RADER
03-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Remember, she has been dressing a lot longer than you have....
Take advantage of all her knowledge.
Rader

suzanne
03-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Now hear this. You let her do anything and everything she wants to dress you up in, then you love it and have fun. She will have given you the gift of the look she likes best for you. The next thing you do is learn from that look and how to create it yourself. Everyone in this forum would say, "yes, a thousand times yes, please!", and not everyone would get the opportunity you have been offered. Sit bsck and enjoy, then tell us all about it.

Rhonda Ann
03-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Wish I had a wife or even a girlfriend, or even a "nemale" to help me. Your a very lucky gurl, run with it and have fun.

Marcelle
03-11-2014, 03:13 AM
Hi Eva . . . as many here have said and unequivocal "YES!" It is a wonderful thing when our SO accepts us and even more when they want to partake in this thing we do. My wife helped me early in my journey and while she does not anymore as she has said I am good to go from her point of view, she still gives me pointers and support.

Enjoy her love sweetie . . . it is a wonderful gift.

Hugs

Isha

Krisi
03-11-2014, 07:05 AM
I don't know why you would question her helping you. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don't let it. My guess is that she wants you to look your best if she is with you and she may be able to do it better than you. Perhaps you use too much makeup when you do it yourself.

Jordan
03-11-2014, 07:07 AM
what are you waiting for let her help all she wants most girls here would kill for this chance

Tanya+
03-11-2014, 07:22 AM
If i can spend a minute in Your heels, I can see a couple of small reason to be cautious. To be able to share dressing with my wife would make me very excited, and i may get more carried away than would be ideal, i may be so enthusiastic that she is shocked on some level. And Her ideas might not suit what i like to wear and i might not respond with appropriate gratitude. So i would welcome Her help, be Her doll, and let it be about play and fun and gratitude, and gently let her realise how vulnerable you are making yourself and what sharing this aspect of yourself feels like. Have no expectations and make sure it isn't all about You.. But basically, i'm as jealous as hell ; ) You have a good one.

devida
03-11-2014, 07:37 AM
My wife is my fashion consultant. I like the way she dresses herself . I consider her to be the expert. I don't wear anything she doesn't approve, except, sometimes, some short skirts. But even there she agrees that short skirts over long men's compression underwear looks like short shorts over underwear. Yesterday she bought me a skort. It was an accident. She thought she was buying short shorts but that kind of proved the point so I'm keeping them. She looks forward to the day we can move to a major metropolitan area and I can easily wear dresses in public. Fashion and makeup have become a great source of conversation for us. I am certainly still her husband. I do the same things I always did. But I'm also kind of like her younger girl friend. My adventure in transgender has really enriched our relationship. This is also due to the changes in behavior that come with self-acceptance. I am a nicer, less stressed and more compassionate person because I'm no longer such a masculine a**hole. Why wouldn't she prefer me trans?

Lexi Moralas
03-11-2014, 08:01 AM
For me that would be a little scary, first off I have always kept my girl side separate so it would be confusing for me to have the 2 worlds Collide, second I think she would be so judgmental of every choice I made that it would ruin the whole experience for me. But that's me , if you so is supportive , give it a shot. Can't hurt

Jamie Lynn
03-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Eva, this is jealous girl #372 chiming in. Do it, PLEASE! Then you'll have more great stories to tell us! ;)

Annaliese
03-11-2014, 08:31 AM
A supportive wife and your asking what do y'll think, go with what she is offering, but don't ask for more then she is willing to give.

stephNE
03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
I think you are a very lucky girl!

ngzero
03-25-2014, 04:02 PM
You are one lucky girl, I am jealous

Kate's at home
03-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I absolutely agree with Leslie...you're playing us, right?

Lucky you!

Kate

Michelle V
03-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't know if you are showing off (with good reason ) or you genuinely want people's opinions. I any case that I listed great! Congrats

MissTee
03-25-2014, 07:47 PM
I would be very, very careful here. She has ulterior motives. She may want to apply your make-up, do your nails or . . . . fit you for high heels! OMG, run before she turns you into a girl!!

lesli
03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
WOW! cudo's for her, and lucky you!
hugs,
lesli

Maria 60
03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
It was just the other night my wife turns to me and says "I love our kids, but holy s#*t between one working in the day and the other working at night we don't even get a chance to kiss anymore. I told her" imagine how Maria feels", she told me well sounds like we need a girls weekend and let's see if we could get a cheep get away its been awhile since Maria fully dressed. Now that's what I am talking about. I think you should let her dress you, and imagine the great tips you would learn.

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi Evadan, , You are so lucky to have such a wonderful wife.