PDA

View Full Version : So do you plan out your photos

Rachael Leigh
03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Here's my question? Does everyone here who post their in home pictures plan out your photo shoot? Do you pick the outfits ahead of time lay them out and then begin clicking? I've never really done that myself but might start. I think it will help make the pictures work better. These are just thoughts going off in my head.
Hugs Leigh

Mafalda
03-13-2014, 05:04 PM
I have been planning a photo shoot at home one time... A lot of time thinking the best outfits, I also planned the right sequence and then... bad photos, too little light because of the fear of being caught by neighbours.... Maybe I will give another try!

scarletcd
03-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I plan most of mine. I like to group them all into little sets of pics so planning them is a good way of doing that

Marcelle
03-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Leigh,

As a gal who likes to take photos of herself (okay that sounded really narcissistic :facepalm:) I normally do so in order to get a visual of what looks good as I work on specific looks. So, I do tend to lay out the clothing I want to try on, do my make-up then have at it.

Hugs

Isha

AllieSF
03-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I do not plan pictures and I do not take many. However, when I think that I want to take some pictures I will think about and prepare the equipment, which includes the camera on a tripod, some additional lighting (which I also need to change and improve), and where to take them. I need to create a better space for that with a hanging sheet to remove distracting room details and camouflage them too for curious minds that may only know my male side. As for the outfits, I have taken after the fact pictures of what I wore out that night or to a party (Halloween was the last ones). Otherwise, I just take pictures of what I am wearing at that moment and whatever other outfit I may try to create.

Helen Grandeis
03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
The best thing you can get is a tripod. Then set up a place where you have a nice background to stand in front of with a minimum of moving furniture. Lots of light is also a plus

Tina B.
03-13-2014, 05:24 PM
When the make up comes out great, the outfit really works, and I feel good, I'll grab the camera and take a shot or twenty. But I never plan it, or pick out a special outfit, it just has to feel right.

Rachael Leigh
03-13-2014, 05:29 PM
I love doing them I feel like one of those runway models or catalog model. I admire those girls so much. I guess it would be one of my fantasies to be one of them for a day. They get to wear so many great clothes.

S. Lisa Smith
03-13-2014, 06:06 PM
I dress in whatever I feel like wearing and then take pictures of that outfit. So no, I don't really plan the photo shoot.

KristinaP
03-13-2014, 06:12 PM
I envy you girls that are brave enough to publicly post your photos. Once I get permission to shave my bread (soon!) I hope to be brave enough to do the same!

Krystenw
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM
My wife insists that I only wear one outfit a day. We have been keeping a journal of my dressing for several years now.
I have a tripod set up and when I'm dressed and ready for the day, I take 3 or 4 photos and then just put the camera in the closet.
I have a 64 gig jump drive that is more then half full of photos.
I got my first digital camera in 03 and have been doing the same thing since then.
I don't know why she wants them, but if she's happy, I'm thrilled.

Tracii G
03-13-2014, 06:18 PM
No planning involved its all on the fly.

Adriana Moretti
03-13-2014, 06:26 PM
no I dont plan.........but I would love to do a photo shoot...i am a stickler for backgrounds and would love to shoot at some cool locations...maybe one day

Jenniferathome
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
No, never. I take a picture to be able to self critique after the fact. It's kind of hard to be objective when just looking in a mirror.

Anna H
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I never plan it out with a lot of forethought....but I
do want to try to plan it out and see if I could get it to work
as nicely as most others do.

My place isn't near good enough, but knowing what needs
to be fixed and doing it a little at a time makes me very curious
about how much improving there could be.

As is, my pictures are on-the-fly, and pretty bad really, so
I'm working on it as $$ and time permits.

Something new and different to try!

:happy:

PinkieM
03-13-2014, 08:03 PM
I never take good pics. LOL! I mean I look good. I do. But the camera must add 50 pounds. Well, maybe I just need to loose 75 or so to look good in pics.

Jackie7
03-13-2014, 08:56 PM
I try to take a pic of every new outfit or clothing combo, or ask my wife to do so. Sometimes I also plan a shoot and set up for it. Last week I tried on all twelve of the little black dresses in our closets, and took a batch of shots of me in each of them. I finally figured out which dress works best on me!
If I am planning a shoot I'll probably set up a digital SLR on a tripod with photo lights. But just as often I prop the iPhone on a shelf and use a timing app that gives me 5 seconds to get into the scene, then fires off ten shots at two second intervals. Then I review and delete most of them, lol.

Janine cd
03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I try to take most of my pictures when trying on new outfits or combinations of new purchases.

darla_g
03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I try to plan out my dressing sessions, things my wife might have bought for me obviously get priority. She generally has a number of poses picked out and she takes the majority of my pictures.

Hell on Heels
03-13-2014, 09:10 PM
I've planned some, and some are spur of the moment selfies with my phone.
Planning makes them a bit more interesting I think.
Much Love,
Kristyn

docrobbysherry
03-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Then, after screwing up so many details in pics by NOT planning, I got serious!:Angry3:

Now, I'll often start planning a dressing session weeks in advance. I'll have practice try on sessions for my real dressing session!:eek:

I'll sometimes take notes about every item, including accessories, for each different outfit I'm planning on wearing. Often with several alternative pieces that I won't decide on until the official session. :battingeyelashes:

I used to get a few good photos out of 100 or so by accident. Now, I get a lot of good photos and even a few GREAT ones!:D

Erica Marie
03-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Nope. No planning. I prefer my photos to just happen. If I can throw on an outfit that works then I get good pics, if the outfit is not so good then neither are the pics.

Beverley Sims
03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Every good photo session is a production in itself.
Even hundreds of casual photos get sifted down to the final ten.

Krisi
03-14-2014, 08:53 AM
I take pictures to see how I look so I don't plan anything, I'll just get dressed and take some pictures. Later, I'll look at them and try to see what looks good on me and what doesn't. Also what poses and facial expressions look good and what don't. Photos are a tool for me, not an end.

Karren H
03-14-2014, 09:08 AM
No... Mine just kind of happen... lately when I dress I don't even take photos.... just kind of a weird phase... lol

BLUE ORCHID
03-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi Leigh, I don't do photo shoots but I always plan my dressing sessions with the outfits that I want to dress in.

Chickhe
03-14-2014, 09:42 AM
No, not usually. The reason I post pictures all the time is to get contant feedback on my casual appearance. Planning for my own image only goes as far as taking the photo in good light and using a tripod.

Katey888
03-14-2014, 01:02 PM
As a gal who likes to take photos of herself (okay that sounded really narcissistic :facepalm:)

Isha - show me a girl that doesn't like to see good photos of herself, and I'll show you a fibber! :devil:

Leigh - I didn't used to, but when you start sifting dozens of pics and thinking: "Jeez - do I really look like that? That's not appropriate... and that's plain ridiculous..." and other not so flattering thoughts, and end up with just a handful after a few hours - THEN you think - I should really think about this and plan this...

After all - it is what GGs do if they're getting dressed for something - and the photos do allow us to see something a little closer to reality, without the psychological filters that come attached to every mirror, it seems!

And video takes it a step further: Pose like a GG? Takes some thought, observation and practice... but doable. Walk like a GG..? Move like a GG..? :eek: Let's just say it'll be a while before I'm posting any videos here... :)

Katey x

Cheryl T
03-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Not me...I just dress for the day (that's when it's hard to decide what I'm wearing) and once dressed I sorta decide Mmm I think I'll take a few pictures.
Then it's another 1/2 hour deciding what kind of shots, where to place them, setting up the tripod and camera, putting batteries in the remote control and by then I'm like... now why'd I decide to do this??

So much for "spur of the moment" shots....LOL

DaniCD1986
03-14-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm not only plan my pictures I also Photoshop them, specially to see how my face looks with make up... I don't know how to actually make up:(

MsVal
03-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Ask any of my kids to name the five Ps of project management and they will say
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Unless you're really lucky, the best photos will those you plan. Generally, the better the planninng, the better the photos.

Best wishes
MsVal

Julia Red
03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't think my CDing sessions feel "complete" without a photo shoot. I love to model to myself. :battingeyelashes:

I usually take photos right after I dress up. I use my cellphone, there's an app called Tina Time-lapse. You can just leave the camera on and the app takes photos with the frequency you want. I usually set the timer to 3 seconds and make all sorts of poses in front of the camera for about 5 minutes (taking pauses so the camera can capture me still). That's a lot of pics in a very short time.

The feeling is very good, I feel like a hot model taking pictures. Posing in front of the camera is very feminine and leaves me in the best mood possible. :daydreaming:

noeleena
03-15-2014, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I take 1000's of photos of those in our groups and this last week end was a bout 600. ill be tranfering them to others drivers, and a copy to our boss lady so we have a few good back ups,

Of myself im very slack as my time is spent looking for good shots of others, some time i get my friend to do a photo of myself at our do's , you know i prefer takeing the shots, not having them done

I was dressed rather better at the week end as i had many comments on how i looked, just never had any of myself,

and i was asked to day as a friend was haveing a look she said theres none of you. i said no this was the saturday night big do we had,

I did not think i looked much any way so id not bother, ooops i was wrong because the comments said different,

any way if i did a photo shoot id be embarrassed, i may surprise you one day. .

...noeleena...

Jesse Six
03-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Leigh,
For me it's not so much 'plan the photoshoot', it's more of 'know the right conditions for photos'.

So through trial and error, I found a location in my house that has the right light, the right background, no furniture in the way, and a convenient place to position the camera phone. So now whenever I dress up (for whatever reason, going out or just for fun), I go to "my good photo spot" and snap a few shots.

FYI, my simple approach works because I primarily take photos just to record my clothes and makeup in a consistent way - so that I can compare which look works and which doesn't.
Now, if you're interested in making fancier photos, with some posing and maybe portraying a scene of some sort, ok, that might take more planning.

CassieD
03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't take nearly as many as I used to. Generally just when I've bought new stuff and I want to see it from different angles. I plan in as much as that I make more effort with make-up and underpinnings if I'm going to take photos. I bought a panasonic fz100. It isn't the best camera but you can turn the view screen to face the front.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Yes, mine are planned out, including outfits, locations, poses, etc. There are several other factors that influence this most importantly my weight (which never wants to cooperate with me lately:Angry3:), fatigue, temperature. An additional factor which is not determined until photos begin is does the outfit I wear actually fit my body type well, and do I actually look pretty while wearing said outfit. Normally all of my photo days never goes as planned usually being cancelled because the scales destroyed all of my picture taking morale:Angry3:. When I do take pics success rate is 2-3 good pics worthy of going to my profile out of about 200. If I'm going for posting a thread in the lounge 2-3 months of constant driving myself crazy taking pics over and over again til I find the few that I deem acceptable. Also I am not high maintenance at all!:o

Julie1123
03-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Usually I do photo shoots when I get new clothes so sort of planned out, but then it just kind of cascades into trying various combinations.

Ginger Jameson
03-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Never. I put on what I want to wear and then takes pictures. if they don't work well, they don't make it online. :)

lesli
03-16-2014, 03:06 AM
plan out? more like wardrobe... accessorize... choreograph... photoshop...

and when they are all done, then only a select few ever see.
hugs,
lesli

adrienner99
03-16-2014, 09:06 AM
I used to put a lot of effort into photos. Back when film had to be developed at some drugstore and you always wondered if the staff opened them. I would study poses that models struck in Vogue and Elle and even try to emulate them. The photos gave me a chance to critique myself--did I cover my facial hair? Did I need to shave my legs more? Did sit like a girl? That dress is lovely but does it work for my body type? Did I even look pretty once in a great while....The camera work and lighting can all be learned at least to some extent....I found the whole process fun and a great learning tool....

Emilyl
03-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I've only begun dressing up recently but I must say I really enjoy taking photos when I'm all pretty. I like to emulate the smoothness and soft demeanor of a pretty girl. My girlfriend and I plan to do a photoshoot being cute models with my DSLR. I'm sure a ton of planning is in the works.

NicoleScott
03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Do you pick the outfits ahead of time lay them out and then begin clicking?

Planned photo shoots? Sure, lots of us do it.

But does your question (quoted) ask if anybody picks out an outfit, lays it out, and take pics of it before dressing? That would be strange -so strange, that I've never admitted to it before now.
A few years ago I bought a maid's outfit, along with new shoes and accessories. Before wearing it for the first time, I laid it out on the bed and took photos. I can only guess that I did that to increase the excitement (not that it needed increasing).

Ressie
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Not much planning here. I like to make sure the background isn't out of order. The camera is on a timer of course which gives me a few seconds to pose. At this point I have to remember to suck my stomach in as much as possible, position the hands so they don't stick out and smile. I usually don't take the time to apply nail polish. But it would be part of the plan if I were more serious about my photos.

Adriana Moretti
03-17-2014, 12:33 PM
I used to put a lot of effort into photos. Back when film had to be developed at some drugstore and you always wondered if the staff opened them. I would study poses that models struck in Vogue and Elle and even try to emulate them. The photos gave me a chance to critique myself--did I cover my facial hair? Did I need to shave my legs more? Did sit like a girl? That dress is lovely but does it work for my body type? Did I even look pretty once in a great while....The camera work and lighting can all be learned at least to some extent....I found the whole process fun and a great learning tool....

Wow...I am a bit younger...I couldnt imagine taking them to a drugstore to be developed, kudos to you! I started in like 1999 so digitals were my first. I take alot of pictures too just like you..too critique how my makeup looked. It is a great way to see what works and you did right or wrong. It is great for learning!

Rachael Leigh
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
That's so cute Nichole love a pretty maids dress. Love the mirror in the background to show the petty