PDA

View Full Version : i know we all

lori m crawford
03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I know we all dress an wont to go out but the big ? is why is a big a thing girls do ever day sa you don't look like super modle be you an let people see you I see a lot of women that we cood beat at looking more female then the way they go out dressed cood somebody tell me why I thank we as crossdressers cood teach them a thing or two

Adriana Moretti
03-13-2014, 08:44 PM
alot of girls are finally figuring out to take makeup tips from drag queens.....which is kinda funny

lingerieLiz
03-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Why don't guys cd or not try to look their best? There are a million whys? Maybe some girls or women want to look that way. Some women just don't care or have the ability mental or physical to achieve your ideal.

docrobbysherry
03-14-2014, 12:19 AM
I guess you're post is partially correct, Lori. But, I've seen similar posts for years here. I would counter with THIS question:

How many of u CDs that criticize how women go out dressed, go out consistently wearing suits, ties, and fancy Italian boots?

I go out like most guys do. Dressed comfy and sloppy. So, I'm not sayin' a bad word about women's dressing habits.

Katey888
03-14-2014, 05:02 AM
I think I partly agree with Sherry - but only partly... :)

If I go out as a guy it's almost always casual, but I still like to look good. I live in a fairly rural area and very few of the GGs around here ever wear anything other than jeans, boots, waxed jackets... Practical clothes - but with little care over the details.

If I did go out, Lori, I know it's not going to be as a super model.. LoL - I wish (or maybe not - they all have eating disorders... :devil:) - but I would like to present as smart, classy, elegant (until I have to walk anywhere - gotta work on that...) - and I think that's our minor homage to how we like to portray the female look - but different for all of us, and tied to our individual motivations...

Interesting point... :)

Katey x

Helen Grandeis
03-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Real women will be wearing flip flops and chinos while CD are wearing a dress, hose and heels. I think it's easy to be over dressed. Careful recon should be done ahead of time.

Adriana Moretti
03-14-2014, 06:00 AM
another way to look at it is girls are not going to get dressed to the nines, full makeup, heels etc EVERY day of their lives... neither are you...and for the exact same reason...its ALOT of work. I am sure girls are just as lazy as we are somedays....thats why they invented uggs and pink sweatpants for women

Tanya+
03-14-2014, 07:16 AM
i am attracted to women who are comfortable in their own skins, who wear minimal makeup, don't dye their hair and wear comfortable shoes and clothes. i like to look at women who dress to the ideal, and i maybe i overcompensate to look like the current female model of perfection..maybe i am overcompensating or just shallow? As a closet XDresser i will teach my daughters that buying into other people's idea of beauty .."only makes you feel ugly".

Babbs
03-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Yes, watch the over dressing.....too much is a dead giveaway if you are trying to pass.

Jenny Elwood
03-14-2014, 07:58 AM
That's the advantage of being too tall. No amount of not "overdressing" is ever going to make me pass. So I might as well go big and wear the nice stuff!!!

Beverley Sims
03-14-2014, 08:37 AM
No need to get in a drag race Lori, women do dress for comfort too.
You should see me sometimes, I can be more comfortable than a sofa. :)

I Am Paula
03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Most CD's, out and about, are not going places that GG's dress. At the best restaurants, the opera, high end boutiques, and the trendy area of any city, women are very well dressed. It is truly a pleasure to sit at a café in the artsy/fartsy part of town, and watch who really wears the Prada.
Nobody should take the women of Walmart, or even the suburban mall, as examples of women's fashion.
I go to a very upscale restaurant every week. The women are georgeous, and red soled pumps abound. (google if ness.)

kimdl93
03-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Paula's observation mirrors my own. I've been to the theatre and night clubs en femme and then the formal dress, pearls and heels fit right in. Not so much at the grocery at 2 in the afternoon.

I used to work at the Capitol in DC....NO I wasn't a Senator...and everyone, male and female dressed to the best that their budgets and abilities permitted. It's all a matter of context.

Debra Russell
03-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Women don't have to dress up to look feminine $!&%#^:Angry3:....... and we do it's that simple --- If I went out dressed too un femm without make up but still trying to present as female :eek: it draws too much unwanted attention - if you want to blend it's a balancing act of proper attire for the occasion but I always try to accomplish a femm appearence - a little classier than frump femm and it adds to the illusion:battingeyelashes:....................Debr a

Marcelle
03-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi Lori,

For me it is all about blending (boy or girl). If I am out "en femme" running errands I am going to wear what most GGs would wear, practical clothing and my make-up is more neutral (earth toned colours). If I am going out to a fancy restaurant or meeting some gals for drinks at a night spot, my clothing again will be to blend into that venue (dress, heels, more colourful make-up). I do the same when en boy (minus the make-up, heels and dress that is).

I believe what you are seeing is a fact of life, going out the club clothes (boy or girl) is not functional for everyday wear so people will just tone it down and dress for comfort vice effect.

Hugs

Isha

Alice-n-wonderland
03-15-2014, 09:44 AM
If I am out and about, to do some shopping etc, I wear a nice casual dress, hose and some flats. Nothing fancy. Maybe not the everyday jeans and tops like a lot of girls wear.

Jesse Six
03-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Also consider that within the GG community, there's a wide range of clothing styles. They don't have a uniform dress code, any more than CDs. So some women wear stained sweatpants to the store, others wear heels and makeup to that same store. How many GGs fall into each category? I think that depends on the culture of the place where you live.

So to me, the question is not "am I fitting in with the lowest common denominator GG?" but "which type of woman do I want to be?". And ultimately I won't pass to everyone no matter what I do. If my choices are 80% passable as a slob, or 60% passable and classy, I'll pick the latter.

Diana81
03-17-2014, 03:05 AM
I think my story might be a little different. I actually went out the first time I dressed...

noeleena
03-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Hi,

The fact of the matter is when im working i get very dirty , get behind a grinder sanding your house down ready for painting as im doing now or ill do some welding for repaires of steel then grind that, or striping down weather boards in prep to replace ,

not to mention other jobs i do for others maybe iv got to work on our trucks or 4 x 4 or what ever,and i need to get some tools or paint from our builders surply . im not going to strip off shower then get dressed in my skirts and tops for a 15 min down the road,

When im not working im normaly in my skirt top and dressed nicely lippy and thats it. and go see my friends at the shops or homes,

Ill take more care if its for our Edwardian group or other groups, other wise i cant be bothered, so you see as a female we dont have to be dressed up all the time, i sure dont .

I know many dresser's wont to be and thats okay , how males see things can be quite different most cant be dressed all the time, so maybe we just wont / need to relax and wear our clothes and be more comfortable and not be bothered so much with what we wear, as for makeup none and my women friends are pretty much the same, when they come around they dont care how im deressed or i look like iv been dragged through the garden,

For us theres a time to dress up and a time not to.

...noeleena...