PDA

View Full Version : Mixed feelings about posting

Susan Stevens
03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
I find myself starting a thread or a post only to stop and cancel it. I am in a fairly rare set of circumstances which my Wife of 16 years enjoys the CD side of me and I have found total acceptance. I know there are many more who have not now, and may never obtain such acceptance from their Wives. With that knowledge, I find myself more reluctant to post on anything which may cause more stress or depression to those individuals. First, forgive me if I have caused additional strain because of my previous disclosures of acceptance. Second, where should the line be drawn, or is there a line?

Jenniferathome
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Post away! It gives hope and proves that cross dressing is not the death of relationships

Sandra
03-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Susan post away, it shows to others that there can be happiness and that it's not all doom and gloom :)

Jamiegirl1
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM
please post pics all you want,this is America!

Katey888
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM
No lines here, Susan - everyone here is a grown up and what you have to say is your story... Others can choose not to read it if they don't want to...

But if you never post it, nobody will ever read it!

Publish and be d*mned! :)

Katey x

reb.femme
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM
The only thing that prevents me from posting is that I don't have much to offer in the way of interest to others. At least that's the way I see it. Therefore, it's nice to read the musings of others and just make comments where I think appropriate. You can't apologise for your life being OK, just post and let others decide if they want to read, comment or ignore.

My wife is OK with my CDing but not overjoyed I'd add. That's my life and I live with it happily like that.

Rebecca

RADER
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM
It is nice to know that some of us have an agreeing wife.
My wife was OK with my dressing, and even picked out dresses for me to wear.
Thank you for posting.
Rader

Ria Lynn
03-14-2014, 04:03 PM
It's also reassuring for the other accepting wives. So many of the posts I read are about issues between CDers and the GGs they are dating/married to. I really feel like the oddball at times, it's good to know I'm not the only one who actually enjoys being with a CDer. It's been about a week since the last time I was able to have a "girls' night" with Brea and I'm looking forward to the next one, I actually kind of miss her right now.

Sandra
03-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Ria imagine how I feel being married to a TS...I'm sure some of the newer GGS must think I need my head examined lol

kathrynt21
03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I agree with most here, Susan. Post anything you like. As stated, your circumstances give hope to those who desire that type pot acceptance. You are a lucky girl!

Anna H
03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
For what it's worth, I'm Always interested in whatever any of us has to say.

I've sat here reading for 48 hrs straight a few times. And...I'd do that more often
if it wasn't for having to work...LOL!

:happy: ♥

Stephanie47
03-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Post away! I have my big girl panties on! Hey, I don't venture out into the world en femme, but, I still enjoy seeing and reading about those who do.

mechamoose
03-14-2014, 04:20 PM
My wife & children support me in so many ways.

So I think you should share your experiences, dear. By sharing what we did and how we manage our positive relationship, we could be providing tools for people earlier in the cycle to use in theirs.

As a dear friend once said:
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

- MM

Wildaboutheels
03-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, 4 things to consider...

1] There is absolutely no way to know how folks will interpret your thread and that includes the "authorities". A perfectly fine thread one month might not be acceptable a few months later.

2] You won't die if your thread gets closed or deleted.

3] Questions have to come from someone, and a "good one" has the potential to allow or even prod some to think "outside the box".

4] Most will simply ignore that which they have no interest in or can't relate to.

It's best not to worry about lines because ANYthing asked has the potential to help others.

MsVal
03-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Some of us live the life vicariously. Don't take away the oxygen we need to survive.

Best wishes
MsVal

Princess Grandpa
03-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Susan
Like you I am fortunate enough to have a wife that enjoys this part of me. Like you I an often hesitant to post things. I would hate to make someone else's situation harder. On the other hand what other outlet is there. Things are so much fun and there are so many exciting things happening you just want to share. The hardest part of having a secret life is you just can't tell the cool stories.

I am really happy you are able to share this with your wife. I know what an amazing thing that is. We aren't alone. I know of half a dozen or so couples similar to ours. And considering a year ago I didn't know anyone transgendered...

Hug
Rita

Alice B
03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I agree, post away. Your posts will not affect others because their situation is what it is, Sharing what you have only brings a smile to many of us.

Kays_Heels
03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Susan - you're lucky that you have broached the issue. Mine has known about my pantie-wearing from the start but becomes 'vaguely uncomfortable' sometimes and she is not yet aware of my recent 'Pink Fog' developments...... Trying to find the right way to maintain our very intimate relationship without undermining her confidence in us is paramount and I am looking for inspiration, hence one of the reasons for joining this forum to learn from others. Your story I'm sure would help me and others in a similar predicament....

mykell
03-14-2014, 06:51 PM
your post reminded me of the moody blues song "nights in white satin", "letters are written, never meaning to send" .
so did a search looked it up and listened,
its about love, we all come here looking for it, the lyrics mean different things to me now because im different now,
so by posting this you helped spread a little love for me tonight,
so just keep posting and let the cards fall where they may....

Jorja
03-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Ria imagine how I feel being married to a TS...I'm sure some of the newer GGS must think I need my head examined lol
We all agree Sandra, you need your head examined but we overlook that fact because we love you.:tongueout:D

Hell on Heels
03-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Hello Susan, I found that reading some of the posts from those that made the reveal and all ended well to be very inspiring to the point of wanting to reveal all of this to my SO. But knowing that not everyone gets that type of response, am still unable to do so.
Regardless of my current situation, I think that any thread can make me think things through. you never know you may end up helping someone in someway or another. I say posting is what this is all about, it's up to the reader to decide if it's trash or treasure.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Eryn
03-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Everybody has a different comfort level and I enjoy reading postings from those who are more adventurous than I am. If we all posted to the most restrictive level there wouldn't be any posts!

Patty-Fay
03-14-2014, 09:05 PM
We're all sisters in this venture. When one of us is accepted, we are all accepted. The converse is also true, BTW.

GeminaRenee
03-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Post away! As others have said, it's a nice reminder of what can be.

Lacy PJs
03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
The only thing that prevents me from posting is that I don't have much to offer in the way of interest to others... Rebecca

I used to feel that way and am still in a position where I don't have much to offer. But, we are all on a continuum... some are just starting out while others have more or less gone all the way. The rest of us are somewhere in between those two opposites. So feel free to share your thoughts and ask your questions. Surely you have some and the rest of us can take a certain amount of reassurance from your posts in that we then realize that there are others out here just like us with the same thoughts, feelings, concerns... and questions!

Like you, I'm fortunate in that my wife is accepting as well. But that acceptance stays within the confines of our home and I'm perfectly OK with that. Given my size, shape & height, it would be easier for me to pass as a Mack truck than a woman! One should never apologize for their position in life so long as it was come by honestly. So, tell us about it...

Lacy PJs

Joanne f
03-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Hello Susan,
yes there maybe a small element in making some feel a little depressed in their own situation as far as acceptance is concerned but much more to gain from you posting positive outcomes as it is mentioned in other replies it shows that there is a happy way forward if you are sensible and caring to sort it out together respecting each others thoughts and feeling , giving hope to the CDers and showing the wife's/so that there are so many others who are in the same situation who will benefit from your positive pots as in the long run it is all about making people feel more relaxed about CD/TG issues , they are not going to just go away so all these little steps that are made hopefully helps in a positive way .

KristyE
03-15-2014, 04:12 AM
Yes please, post anything, everything. This is my only light in a small dark place. Thanks to all for your input and encouragement. Acceptance is a warm place.
Love KristyE

girlfan
03-15-2014, 04:30 AM
I think Susan is teasing us .

Susan Stevens
03-15-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm no trying to be a tease, I honestly wanted to know how others felt when they would read about a Wife who not only fully accepts me, but also finds it fun. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a full time dresser, and I would doubt she would be thrilled if I were. Luckily I don't want to be a full time "girl". Most of the time Susan comes out at night once or twice a week, (intimacy has been amazing BTW, if you get my drift). Last night we didn't have a lot of time, but she picked out some lingerie, threw some makeup on me, (though she was not happy with the results because she didn't have the time she wanted), and then we shared a hot night of...well fun...We then laid in bed and I told her about the times I was almost caught growing up, (another thread for another day). It was a fantastic night!

I will try to not hold back on my posting in the future, I will submit to be the subject of envy to you who struggle with acceptance and hopefully give some encouragement to some GG's who struggle to accept.

Marcelle
03-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Susan,

There is nothing wrong with sharing your joy of acceptance here on the forum as it is all about support. While some may not be in an open/accepting relationship, they can still read your posts and share in your happiness. If we did not share our joy and only our sorrow . . . this would be a very sad forum indeed.

Hugs

Isha

Adriana Moretti
03-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Positive posts are always a good thing...it brings balance to the occassional pity parties that go on in here...

BillieAnneJean
03-15-2014, 07:36 AM
If only the "scorned", angry, or hurt SOS post, and only the CDers with SOS who feel that way, then the SOS who come to this forum for guidance or ideas will see only the negative.

I find it interesting how extreme the reactions from SOS can be. Too bad that more SOS with more accepting attitudes don't post their thoughts.

Krisi
03-15-2014, 08:12 AM
If you start to post something and then think it's inappropriate or presents an unpopular view, it's probably best to go with your gut and not post it. You can learn more from reading than from writing. You can always compliment someone on their hair or dress.

Michelle V
03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
I think it is a responsibility of those whose wives accept them to share their experiences with the rest of the community. If anything it is good therapy for you and it gives other the courage to accept themselves and possibly come out to those who love them in hopes to be accepted.

telka
03-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Imo its absolutely essential to post about those positive experiences like many have said it inspires others and we need to tell our SO about the real us. I personally could never be happy in the long term trying to hide half of my life from the one I shouldn't have to hide anything from! I came out to my wife long before our marriage I knew if she wanted nothing to do with it i'd rather know in the begining it was so scary but totally worth it!

Jackie F
03-15-2014, 09:31 AM
I say continue the post. The good stories give allot of hope!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracii G
03-15-2014, 09:33 AM
We are here to learn from each other are we not?
Post away.

kimdl93
03-15-2014, 09:45 AM
I agree. There are plenty of stories here regarding out right rejection, family problems and turmoil. Positive stories help offset and demonstrate that acceptance and even enthusiastic support are possible.

~Joanne~
03-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I found that reading some of the posts from those that made the reveal and all ended well to be very inspiring to the point of wanting to reveal all of this to my SO. But knowing that not everyone gets that type of response, am still unable to do so.

This is the key too. What works for some, may not work for others and is the reason I tend to keep my situation low key as those of us that do have accepting, understanding, and supporting SO's have been extremely lucky. I won't lie, when I was thrust into telling my SO about all of this (a long story posted else where), even though I believe that I knew how her reaction would be, you just never know. It may not be what is expected and once the genie is out, there's no putting it back in. For a lot of us, that is a huge risk that we may never take.

For the record though, I am happier now than I have ever been.

Beverley Sims
03-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Like Jennifer says, post away, it is great therapy and lets you talk about things you would otherwise not reveal.

carhill2mn
03-15-2014, 01:26 PM
It is my opinion that the majority of the people here enjoy reading about people such as you and your wife. Many need to read about happy situations like yours.

I do understand your hesitation as to how often to post things. I am in a position where I do most things en femme and do not think that I should post comments about the more mundane ones. I do, however, post re: situations that are a little more unusual.