PDA

View Full Version : Man bags

mechamoose
03-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Someone made an offhand comment in another thread about how men's jeans were just bags that were man shaped (or something to that effect).

Since then I have been looking, actively looking at the male clothing in my workplace.

- Loose
- Three or four colors
- "Comfy"
- Plain
- All kind of the same

This is with the sole exception of the Frenchmen in the office. Nice shoes. Form fitting clothes. Ornamental stitching. Accessories.

The women all have such wonderful choices for outfits. There is no 'uniform'.

I sometimes buy (girl) clothing at Walmart. In the men's section, there is nothing, NOTHING I would drape upon my body. Its all boring and ugly as sin. But most men I know WEAR this stuff.

I know that one of the things I enjoy about CD is that I get to wear pretty things. I get to be expressive with my clothing.

Whats wrong with wanting to look pretty? In nature it is the males that have the colorful plumage!

/swish!

- MM

Kays_Heels
03-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Well said! Why should we not take advantage of the variety of things and the wonderful range of materials - the tactile sensations are my incentive! When I look at my drab wardrobe, it is all so similar. That's why I am looking forward to going much further in due course.

Eryn
03-14-2014, 05:56 PM
I agree!

I decided that, given the casual dress nature of my job, that I wouldn't be plain any longer. Most of my clothes are from the female side of the aisle. Jeans are not embellished, but they fit much closer. Colored T-shirts give some variety and I choose studs or small hoops to match. Athletic shoes come in many nice colors (today's are white, silver, pink, and lime green).

No, I can't wear a skirt or have nearly as many clothing options as GGs, but I give myself as latitude as I can and my CD-inspired access to the misses' department helps me considerably!

samantha rogers
03-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Ha... with you there...my drab has become anything but in the last couple of years...drapey rayon t-shirts, skinny jeans, low cut shirts, tight thin hoodys, etc . Half my closet is full of clothing designed for women that I get away with by carefully choosing dark (mostly black or grey) colors. Kind of a rock and roll, ambiguous thing. The tough part is shoes. Lots of converse high tops in different colors since they go well with skinny jeans. Half my jeans or more are now from the women's section. They are stretchier and fit sooooo much better. No one says a word. :heehee:

mechamoose
03-14-2014, 07:12 PM
I just picked up some black jeans I can wear at work. Shoes are hard. I'm an 11W in men's, 13(?) in women's. I just suck it up and wear nice man-shoes wrapped around a pair of wild socks. }:>

That is in addition to underdressing :)

- MM

Adriana Moretti
03-15-2014, 03:08 AM
I know that one of the things I enjoy about CD is that I get to wear pretty things. I get to be expressive with my clothing.

Whats wrong with wanting to look pretty?
- MM
I couldnt agree more....

Marcelle
03-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi MM,

For work I don't have much choice even if I wanted to dress like the women . . . in the military we all wear the same combat fatigues (boy or girl). However, when I go out "en femme" to the world around me you are spot on . . . I have more choice. Boy me it is all jeans, hiking boots, t-shirts and sweaters. When Isha goes out she may be more inclined to wear jeans but she can accessorize with pretty tops, jewelry and lots of colour . . . it is fun to dress pretty.

Hugs

Isha

Chari
03-15-2014, 08:26 AM
In the fashion world some feminine items could be classified as "unisex". Lingerie is a given, so starting with the outside - some striped/solid color blouses can go either way if you disregard the button side. Pullover long sleeve sweaters & tops, also Tee's and tank tops come in a variety of femme colors without embellishments, as well as hoodies & light jackets (as zippers are always on the same side). Socks/tights, and loafer shoes with square or Cuban heels, and of course jeans, some slacks, and shorts can also be from the gals side. Add jewelry - earrings, necklaces, rings, & watches as most people won't notice or care. Depending on your position/job in life, the event, and how daring you feel, what ever you choose to wear, always be comfortable and confident no matter how you are presenting. Enjoy.

Jenniferathome
03-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Well, I agree that men's clothing is certainly limited in color, fabric, style, etc while women's clothing seems have no bounds at all. Women are the peacocks in the human world.

Still, I submit that if women's clothing were equally as boring as men's, you'd still wear them because they were women's clothing. That's what makes us cross dressers. In fact, there was one member here from Iran or Saudia Arabia or that general area and he posted a picture of himself in a burqa (burka). This is an outfit that literally shows nothing but because it was clothing associated with women in his culture he wanted to wear it.

Crazy thing this cross dressing

Beverley Sims
03-15-2014, 01:01 PM
When younger I was a striking dresser, always wore the latest plumage.

CynthiaD
03-15-2014, 02:55 PM
For drab clothing I use the "Albert Einstein" technique. I have several identical outfits (khakis and black tee shirt). No thinking is involved. I just grab the next set and go. Oddly enough, I've gotten several complements on my outfit.

Lucy Lou
03-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I mentioned this in an earlier post that I had had a conversation with my sister, who by the way, knows about my cross dressing and approves. We were talking about the fact that mens cloths are so boring and women have a multitude of things to ware. The lingerie, the dresses, the shoes, the jewelry, the make up, etc etc. I also agree with the point about what is wrong with wanting to look pretty.

It is good to talk with a real woman about this subject because with both were on the same page and she agreed that women have hundreds more choices than men do. So maybe that is another reason why we dress. Lucy. xxx