PDA

View Full Version : Went out dressed again

Jennifer Kelly
03-16-2014, 11:04 PM
So Friday night I went out as Jennifer for a second time. No one was available to go with me so I decided to make new friends. I went to a local gay/trans/CD bar parked myself at the bar, and just let things happen.

On one side I had a gay man dressed in drag and his transwoman friend and later on a straight couple showed up and sat on the other side. Katrina (she had to think a bit when I asked her name, I don't think she'd thought that far ahead) told me that this was only the fifth or sixth time she had been dressed as a woman much less out in public and the reason she was dressed in drag was because one of her business clients who is also gay had invited her to a party he was throwing and said he wanted her to dress as a woman. At first she was hesitant but then the client offered her $200 to come dressed. She said she would if her friend could go with and the client agreed. So her friend dressed her and did her makeup and she looked way prettier than I did. Both of them (I didn't catch the friend's name as she was on the other side of Katrina and talking to some other peeps most of the time) said they basically each got paid 200 bucks to drink, socialize, and look pretty. I asked where could I sign up and also if the dress she was wearing came in a 24W because it was very pretty.

Later on a straight couple, Marcus (who was a dead ringer for Jack Sparrow) and Shawna came in and sat down to my right. They said they loved this place because there was such a diverse mix of people there and everyone was OK with everyone else, which is true. Shawna told me to quit comparing myself to the other girls because I was beautiful as I was, which was awesome of her to say. She became my first straight, cisgender friend on my female Facebook and continues to post supportive comments. Even though I got a late start I still had an awesome time and wish I could do it every weekend. Hopefully I can get some other local CD folks to join in next time and maybe have dinner beforehand as well.

Everyone who said that once you go out in public the first time it's like that first hit of crack was right. I want to do it again and again. My girlfriend was afraid for my safety the other night even though I told her I was going to an LGBT friendly area. Oddly enough when I went up to LA and went out with my GG friend she didn't flip out about that. Maybe because I was with someone. But hopefully since nothing happened the other night (other than me getting semi-drunk and having lots of fun) she will calm down a bit.

Also she knew I still had my toes painted yesterday and she asked me to take off my socks so she could see them. Baby steps. Hopefully by the time we decide to move in together she will be OK with seeing me dressed.

sammiecd
03-16-2014, 11:28 PM
That's great! It sounds like you had fun! :3

It sounds like a good sign that she wanted to see your toes!

Beverley Sims
03-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Jennifer,
I am sure she will accept you if you only give her little doses of Jennifer to start with.
You can then gradually increase the dosage with little worry then.

Jennifer Kelly
03-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I made sure I thanked my gf for being interested in seeing my toes. :)

VickkiSummers
03-17-2014, 09:47 AM
So cool! Glad you had another chance to go out. So jealous!

Marcelle
03-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like a great night and new friends as an added bonus. Congrats on getting out again.

Hugs

Isha

MsVal
03-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Those among us that go out vicariously enjoy reading happy stories such as yours.
Thank you.

Best wishes
MsVal

Jennifer Kelly
03-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Vickki I'm trying to plan another outing in April. You should come. :)

kimdl93
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Glad you made some new acquaintances and had fun. It's definitely adictive.