PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck in my new journey. ( might be a bit long)

OneJolene
03-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Well this is my first post and I want to say thank you to all of you. You all helped me in my life to were I am to go in my new journey in life as Jolene.

Well I am a married and I told my wife over two years ago about my cding. I came out to her and at first she tried to go along with it. She would buy me things and explore with my cding and I thought ok she is really giving this a try. But things stopped. She didn't want to talk about it and I new I didn't wan to start anything so I just let it be. I even quiet dressing in hopes to change myself. So over the past year or so we would live our life and just do what we do. But something was missing for me. So one day not to long ago it all came down. I finally just broke and told her I'm not sure how I feel about a our marriage and that I don't want to be a bother or burden. So days would go by till were we are now.

I was at a point were I was ready to get a devorce and let her go her way and me go mine. Things weren't were I wanted them. I was tired of hiding the true me. Once she heard that and her walls came crumbling down to. It hit here hard. So a few days go by and not much is said. But I see a new her laughing, crying, and just more open and truthful to her self. She asked me why I wanted a devorce and what brought us to were we are. I told her I can't be happy if I can't be truthfull to my self of wanting to cd and be Jolene. Ok she said I get it. You see she has been reading a book about a family where the father was a transsexual and went through everything to be a women and his marriage and family is ok with it. It has open up her eyes to my cding.

Were that brings us to this moment. We have talked for the last couple of day and to were we are right now. She is open and wants to help me be able to be happy as Jolene. But she know her and I will meet things that we don't quit understand. She is willing to live or continue a life even with me even if I am Jolene. She won't be happy with anyone else she says. So now we have are first therapy session to help guid us through this journey in life. I know it will take some time but I'm looking forward to being able to live my life right now as a cder and be able to share that with someone who loves me is going to be great. I know only time will tell how things go.

So thank you to all of you once again. I couldn't do it with out this site and to all you sharing your experiences in life. Please share all your comments and concernes with me. Any suggestions or encouragement will be greatly appreciated.

I
One I get going with this I will start a new topic and give my day to day or month to month updates of my new life and journey as Jolene. I will be glade to share that with all of you. Thank you and wish me luck. Sorry for the length of post.

Rhonda Darling
03-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Jolene:

When I started reading I was filled with dread that your story was going to have a bad ending. Now I am happy for you, as my original assumption was proven wrong. You have a wonderful wife, as evidenced by the fact that she had sought out a book and was trying to learn more about CDing on her own during a period when you were trying to suppress yourtrue self.

Going forward, remember that your wife is trying to understand and support you. You need to do the same for her. It is a rare woman who doesn't harbor mixed feelings about her husband or boyfriend going girly on them. Always listen to her if she expresses doubt, fear, or other concerns and help her work through them.

Most of all, cherish a spouse who is so willing to stand by her man when he wants to be a woman.

Best regards,
Rhonda

Jackie F
03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Very Happy for you Jolene, My heart and thoughts are with you!
Please keep in mind your wife is giving you a wonderful gift and she needs to be happy to.
Husband and Jolene should always remind wife how important she is and how your new journey would not be the same with out her.

UNDERDRESSER
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
So happy for you. I hope that your journey with your wife takes you both to new, happy, and exciting shores.

If you have issues with your therapist, don't be afraid to seek out someone new. That doesn't necessarily meant that you will both always feel comfortable with him/her, a good therapist is going to find discussion topics that can prove a bit of a struggle to you.

MsVal
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Hello Jolene,
Yours is an uncommon though not unheard story of acceptance. Many here can only dream of a day when their wife/SO/girlfriend will accept them to that level. You are fortunate to have such a loving, understanding wife. She has given you a substantial gift, one that comes at the cost of her personal comfort and involves significant changes to the way she sees you.

The common wisdom of the forum is to acknowledge her love and the gift in unmistakable, demonstrable ways, and to make progress no faster than your wife's comfort will permit.

This forum is full of very well experienced, very bright people that share their wisdom freely. Please take advantage of the collective knowledge. When you feel comfortable, please join the conversation.

Best wishes
MsVal

Beverley Sims
03-17-2014, 02:40 PM
If you don't push too hard your wife may get used to the situation more readily and you will have a smooth transition throughout your relationship.

BLUE ORCHID
03-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi Jolene, You've put the ball in her court now just don't overwhelm her take things easy and let her be able to fully accept Jolene.
Please keep us updated with this post.

kimdl93
03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
That is a wonderful turn of events. I truly hope that the two of you can negotiate the hazards ahead and live together in a mutually fulfilling relationship.

Katey888
03-17-2014, 05:49 PM
I'll certainly wish you luck, Jolene - maybe some will say you don't need it, but I'd never turn it down! :)

I think you seem to have your feet on the ground and realise that sometimes things may not go according to predictions or feelings - that's a good approach, and I hope things continue on a positive course.

Have a good one... journey, that is.. :D Katey x

Annaliese
03-17-2014, 06:04 PM
It sound like you are on the same page now, I hope everything work out for you, hugs

OneJolene
03-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Thank you all for the incouragement. I hope all goes well.

RADER
03-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Jolene;
I have a Brother, now Sister, that went through SRS about 20 years ago.
She is still married and lives very happily with her SO Wife.
She says that she is in love with her and will stay until the end.
Good luck on your journey.
Rader