PDA

View Full Version : Katie is out and about again

Pretty Nails
03-17-2014, 08:01 AM
A short while ago I posted that I had gone out for my first public outing. That was so fun I had to go again but this time a little "outer" than before.

The first trip was to the costume shop that handles my clothing alterations and while it was out it was very protected. This time I went to a local restaurant with a friend and we sat out on the deck and had a light lunch. Wearing a black 50's ish swing dress with tiny white polka-dots, my pearls, and some black 6-inch heeled booties adorned with gold spikes and buckles to keep it a little edgy I ventured into the world.

When I arrived I was very nervous but it became very relaxed as I walked with her from the car. We ordered and then moved outside as it was such a nice day. I could see some people looking at me but most of them either did not notice or did not care. Finally, proof of all the times I had read that in these pages. There were several men in the place and my friend said that at least one of them had been checking out my legs :-).

As we sat on the deck it became much more natural as we sat and chatted.

When we got up to leave we walked by a table where a young girl (teenager?) was seated. She laughed a nervous sort of laugh but I just held my head high and strutted on my high heels with my friend.

Katie has been let out of Pandora's Box and methinks that she will never fit back inside of it. This has created a serious rift at home but thats just too bad. I am Katie and she is me and we are one that must be free.

No pictures were taken that day - I wont let that happen again.

bridget thronton
03-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Sounds like a grand outing

Hell on Heels
03-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Congrats Katie, sounds like your really enjoying yourself.
It must be nice to be able to say "screw you Pandora, I'm outa here".
Hope you have many more great days like this one (with camera),
and get a photo with that teenager next time.
Much Love,
Kristyn

MsVal
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I really enjoyed reading your tale of an enjoyable, relaxed lunch with a friend. Even though some people may have wondered or known that you were crossdressing, you seem to be very comfortable with yourself and your presentation. THAT comfort and confidence is wonderful.

Bravo!

(I did notice that you had your lunch outdoors. I'm a little jealous. It's not likely that we'll top 30 degrees in Detroit today.)

Best wishes
MsVal

Adriana Moretti
03-17-2014, 12:15 PM
you sound like you are enjoying yourself....and that is never a bad thing ! have fun!

Marcelle
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Hi Katie,

It sounds like you had a great day. I would not pay attention too much to teenagers, they are just creatures of their hormones and everyone is open for scrutiny and laughs in their books. You handled it well, just hold your head high and continue on.

Hugs

Isha

Suzanne F
03-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Katie
I am so happy for you! You are right, there is no going back. Sounds like you are a natural. I rarely notice any reactions anymore. I am too busy being me! I understand your rift situation. We have had a few at my house. We continue to work through them as they come up. Remember love and tolerance are our code!
Hugs
Suzanne

Pretty Nails
03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. Suzanne, I am trying love and tolerance at home but it's not being returned right now. My wife has known of my dressing for about 3+ years but she just learned of the existence of Katie. I think she was hoping I was in a phase or that this was just a hobby. I'm trying to be gentle with her but I can't keep half of me locked up forever. Keep in mind I already know that I betrayed her trust when I "forgot" to tell her I was trans before we married. I think I thought this would pass - as you see it has not.

Take care ladies and I'll keep you posted as to my activities.

BLUE ORCHID
03-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Hi Katie, You are out there now there's no holding you back now .

Beverley Sims
03-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Katie,
Nice to see you out, I assume you are not married though.

kimdl93
03-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Work on the rift. You're life may be better with this new found freedom, but please don't send a message of indifference to your wife.

Katey888
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Katie - Perhaps said teenager was envious of your boots..? I would be dead impressed that you could walk in them - 'cause I certainly wouldn't want to try... :)

Other than that, sounds like you're committed to just getting on with life - what could be more natural, and more right..? :cool:

Bravo indeed! Give me a tenth of your confidence and I'd be happy and outta here... :outtahere:

Katey x

Pretty Nails
03-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Work on the rift. You're life may be better with this new found freedom, but please don't send a message of indifference to your wife.

I am trying to negotiate these treacherous waters. The rift is my fault for not being honest but I really did think that this "dressing thing" would pass. Its taken me years to learn more about it and how it affects me. I have stopped referring to myself so much as a crossdresser because I think that this is too limiting and I have been using the term transgenger as I feel this is a more accurate representation of me.

My wife just recently learned that the other woman in my life is me. Katie is a real living and breathing person and she's not going away. In the past few days the look of disgust on my wifes face is readily apparent where before it only slipped out sometimes. I have been called every possible name you can imagine to suggest that I am a homosexual. I tried to explain that Katie is just a part of me and that her man still lives here too but I was told that everyone knows that drag queens are gay. She thought I went out to cruise for men. I have recently began seeing a transgender familiar therapist and was immediately accused of paying her for sex and having her agree with whatever I said to her.

She does not seem at all able to wrap her head around the fact that when I look in the mirror I see something beautiful.

Its very difficult right now and I am still willing to help her understand but I can't help feeling like I'm just beating my head against the wall.