PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose or stockings?

susan howard
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Girls,

I have always called them tights but I much prefer the term Pantyhose (with a 'y')
Yes, I have to admit ( I sidetrack for a moment) I LOVE the Open Bottom Girdle with Suspenders. The very sound of this fabulous garment makes me go funny inside.
Which brings me back to my original question. In my opinion stockings are beautiful only if the are supported properly and for me I just love the Girdle because I get this wonderful feeling of each stocking being lifted up my thighs. The fact that the stocking top remains taught is wonderful especially when rising from a sitting position.
On the other hand the feeling I get from wearing a good pair of sheer Pantyhose ( I hate them when they are too small) is also gorgeous.
Guess it has to be the Girdle that wins out in the end: very sexy!

Luv

Susan.

Carlacd
01-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Love to wear either pantyhose or stockings. A OBG or good 6 drop garter belt will always hold up your stockings nicely. Also the quailty of the stockings makes a difference.

davine
01-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I love the feel of pantyhose but agree that stockings with suspender, girdle or cincher is sooooo sexy to look at.
Davine.

Aileen
Pantyhose only, for me. How can you wear a really short dress without pantyhose? Without the invention of pantyhose, they never would've invented the miniskirt.

Lindahexi
Hi Susan,
I think stockings are more sexy, but I love pantyhose, I just like the feeling of them gripping me, especially when I walk.

Linda.

Julia Cross
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
If you have the proper fitting pantyhose, they will feel great because they fit great, too small and they pull down, too large and the fall down and bunch, either way very uncomfortable. Read the packages, stay true to your size, when in doubt, go up a size and watch for spandex/lycra blends and you will be in sheer heaven.

I love the way they remind me I am wearing them every time I move a leg and feel the fabric brush against the hose.

And, yes they are oh, so feminine.

Julia

Tamara Croft
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I've never found a good pair of tights that are comfy yet...... :( I like the sheer tights (cant stand stockings) but I can never find any that fit well....

Lissa Stevens
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I prefer pantyhose. I love the feeling of being totally encased in the nylon. It reminds me all the time what I am wearing.

InHerShoes
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Pantyhose are what got me started on cd. My wife prefers stockings and always encouraged me to try a pair which I recently did and I [I]loved[I] them so though it may be a phase stockings are all I'm wearing these days.

Gretchen
01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I much prefer to wear either thigh highs or gartered stockings. My love for nylons began back when there were no pantyhose and I totally enjoyed the supersheer, glassy feel on my legs from all nylon stockings. I find limited quality stocking selections from either a color super sheerness standpoint in retail stores, but have considered purchasing on line from the stocking specialty outlets.
Mostly, I find that there is a reasonable availabilty of better quality thigh highs at retail stores these days. Color choice seems still a little thin for my tastes of brown/tan shades, but the black shades are absolutely wonderful when I do wear that color.

Pantyhose so far are still a second choice unless they are Hanes Silk Reflections.
The bottom line is that stockings are the most essential piece in whatever outfit I wear. I do not like the feel of bare legs, especially in the winter.
Gretchen

JimLovesHotPink
01-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Tamara : I just read your post and thought you might like me to reccommend a site for nice tights that feel sexy to wear and comfy. Go to www.mytights.com and then look to the left for a brand name called " Levante " I have had several pairs and absolutely love them. Silky, comfortable and have a nice sheen too ! Your friend Jim ( CD ) zillo68@optonline.net

Pink Satin Sissy
01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Thigh highs with back seam and garter! So SEXY!

Pink

Tamara Croft
01-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Tamara : I just read your post and thought you might like me to reccommend a site for nice tights that feel sexy to wear and comfy. Go to www.mytights.comThanks Jim, I'll check them out and let you know if I purchase any :D and welcome to the forum :wave:

cosmolovesph
01-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I've never found a good pair of tights that are comfy yet...... :( I like the sheer tights (cant stand stockings) but I can never find any that fit well....

Hmmm.... that's too bad but looks like you got a good suggestion, yes i have had good pairs and not as good of pairs (even from the same manf.) but i guess that's life, won't stop me from wearing :bs:

TGMarla
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I always wear pantyhose. I don't have a whole lot of experience with stockings, although I'd like to get some. But pantyhose helps keep the bits in place, and that's pretty convenient. Warmer, too.

Christina Nicole
01-10-2006, 08:32 PM
I needed sheer black hose to wear with a cocktail dress. Macy's had a poor selection of sheer hose in size B that day. After several frustrating minutes of seaching I finally located a pair. Got home and found that they were thigh-high stockings. Arg! Hate them.:angry:

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

LisaRaye
01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I love garter with stocking, but it also depends on what I am wearing to concider putting on pantyhose I love them too. for each its own.

sissy stacy
01-10-2006, 08:42 PM
(curtsey)

Definitely stockings for this retro-girl. i use a bustier or garter belt to hold them up. I have a short skirt and a short petticoat that show a lot of my ruffled panties and garter straps peeking out. i love to wear it.

(curtsey)

-sissy s.

MelindaC
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Stockings only with a girdle for this old-fashioned girl. For some reason, I never did care for pantyhose very much, although I have tried them.

Jadeanne
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm another garter girl, love my stockings and open bottom girdle/briefer or corset.

I wear pantyhose only rarely, then usually a nude support pair under my black, pink, or red fishnet pantyhose.

Jadeanne

suzy
01-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I, like most, love both....but pamtyhose for me wins this race....give me pantyhose or give me death.....I always say...:bs:

Phyliss
01-11-2006, 07:30 AM
It's most likely the way I'm built. I don't have any hips so trying to wear a pair of pantyhose is a constant struggle for me.

I, like Gretchen, began my love affair for ladies leg wear with stockings and still enjoy them today. Being as old as I am, it's also difficult to put pantyhose on. The old joints don't bend like they used to.

Really enjoy stockings.

serenade
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
sheer,fully fashioned stockings and a firm girdle/garter belt.... bliss!!

Phboy
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Pantyhose by far for me. The feeling of being encased from the waist down in nylon is a thrill. No matter the color, but beige/suntan seems to be my favorite.

-Jordan

elle_dee75
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
hi tamara
like you i dont care for pantyhose or garterbelts for that matter i find for complete freedom a nice pair of "stayups" cant be beaten lol elle

sandy_folsom
01-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I prefer stockings myself. I like the "freedom" stockings offers me. Also, seeing the tops of my stockings peeking from under my silk robe or skirt is a turn-on.

Besides I'm 6' 4", I think it'll be difficult to find nylons that will fit me.

Andrea Witt
01-13-2006, 02:33 AM
stocking and supender belt gets my vote although i do wear both stockings just feel sooo sexy

Miriannah
01-13-2006, 05:13 AM
I don't like pantyhose at all, for me it's stockings all the way. Stockings, or just bare, smooth legs. <3

Sharon
01-13-2006, 05:45 AM
I love stockings, but almost always wear pantyhose (just in cooler months though) as they are just more practical.

lingerie lover
01-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Andrea witt your so great and sexy i like love stocking pantyhose etc too

wendy
01-13-2006, 10:52 AM
pantyhose

AprilMae
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I wear them all, depending on the occasion and attire.

cdcheryl
01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
P-pantyhose are for me A-always if i dress N-nude to black any color T-tightness and suppoet Y-yesterday today and forever H-have to have them O-oh god they feel so good S-so comfortable E-excellent way to show off your sexy legs

Francine
01-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I still prefer thigh high stockings. I try and keep several pair available. I do have a few pair of panty hose, just in case my wife ask if I have a some that she can 'borrow' because she can't find any without runs, because I know she doesn't like thigh high stockings (darn it! ;) )

ericalynne
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Definitely pantyhose..i adore pantyhose
i sol love the way they just caress and enclose my body, i feel so ultra femme in pantyhose

Laurie Ann
01-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Only wear thigh highs or stockings and garter belt.

dtride
01-14-2006, 12:48 AM
I love to wear pantyhose, they keep everything high and tight when I have a mini skirt on. Sheer from waist to toe.

SissyPanties
01-14-2006, 12:50 AM
I hate pantyhose. I think they look ugly. I wear thigh high stay up stockings with a garter belt. I think they look extremely sexy. If any of you decide to buy a garter belt, you will probably need to buy one of a smaller size than what you would normally wear in other women's clothes. I wear a medium garter belt where other clothes, I wear an xtralarge.

traceytv
01-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Pantyhose for me. I wear natural nearly every day, 10 denier. Although it depends on what I a wearing and I might wear barely black with the right dress or skirt.

Miss Vicki
01-14-2006, 05:33 AM
I recently purchased a garter belt and long stockings from Fredericks. I came home and tried them on. The stockings came to just about three inches above my knee. I felt that I was short changed. I thought that the stockings would come to mid thigh or higher.
I am back to pantyhose and loving the feeling of being encase in nylon from the waist down.

ronda
01-14-2006, 06:17 AM
i like both but stocking are the best for me. they feel soooooo good and look soooo sexy. love to feel them brushing my inner thigh

Sabrina Flowers
01-14-2006, 06:48 AM
I wear tights with opaque style, black or navy and a control top, this can help keep me tucked. Never got on with stockings very well found they keep falling down or to be uncomfortable, I let the GF wear the stockings and hold-ups.

Sabrina.

Wendy me
01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
i love thigh high stockings, and i do love tights.and pantyhose are good it all depends on what i am wearing ....but my fav... is clean shaven sun taned bare legs.....

Raychel
01-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Pantyhose are definitly my favorite. Although a pair of sexy stockings and a nice lace teddy on my wife, now that is a diferent story.

Katiegirl
01-14-2006, 09:34 AM
I prefer stockings and gater belt or hold ups as I find them more comfortable to tights.

:bs:

Tina P Hose
01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I love this question, my preference would be pantyhose, BUT I did have a pretty good time wearing stockings a week or so ago.

ReginaK
01-18-2006, 02:56 AM
I like pantyhose better. I like the way it holds everything tight and smooths everything out.

Although they are cumbersome when it's bathroom time. :o

Georgina Milnes
01-18-2006, 03:35 AM
I just love thigh highs,they are so comfortable,and one can feel the natural environment,eg,wind up the skirt.and are more comfortable when one has to attend the toilet. They can be very practical too when maybe love making is on the agenda!! From my experience a man just loves to feast his eyes on a pair of stayups,they really do enhance ones lovemaking.

RhondaLynn
01-18-2006, 04:27 AM
Pantyhose, panties & slips were where I first discovered my passion for lingerie. When I finally began collecting my 'own pantyhose, i'd cut out the crotch for 'convenience'. Wore my panties underneath at first, then on outside of the pantyhose - less chaffing and more 'convenience. Tried the outerwear (dresses) back then, but lingerie was my 'thing' by far.

Over the years, I've found pantyhose farr too constrictive, and dresses too for that matter. One member stated that in a dress, she felt "within" a feminine outfit. I still like that feel of a dress - once it's on, your're on for the ride, and pantyhose go with that.

I eventually strayed from the sensual enclosure of pantyhose for thigh-highs. I still indulge myself with an impulsive purchae of a pair of pantyhose and have a few nice dresses that fit 'just right', but for the most part, once I found a brand of thigh-highs that fit well, always stay up, and feel oooh sooo sensual on me, I was hooked. I began exploring the freedom of skirts (especially wrap skirts) around the same time, and I have dozens of skirts by now, and only a few dresses.

I only wear Hanes Silk Reflections sandalfoot thigh-highs, size CD, Barely There & Barely Black. The freedom and soft sensuality of thigh-highs under a skirt w/ nylon panties & a slip is so comfortable, so self-expressive of my inner self... The thought of coming home after work, dropping my slacks & wrapping a skirt around my waist, relaxing for the evening - it's what gets me through each day.

Rhonda tends to go throught expressive moods, sometimes lasting weeks, then wanes for as long or longer. When she hits a stride, she'll wear thigh-highs & a very short slip under her slacks at work. It helps build up to the day-end - a pair of heels in the car for the drive home, a dash to the 'room of mirrors' where she quickly drops her slacks, adjusts her hose & slip, and finds herself as she wraps a soft silk skirt around her waist.

I love to sit at the mirrors and admire Rhonda during these times. She surprises me at times - I'm so glad the 'mirror room has several webcams - I love to take as many images of her as possible, then relax & admire her later.

Oh, the thread. Pantyhose is sexy - yes. they have that enclosed sensual feel, but they're a bit too restrictive unless I'm in a dress mood. You'll usually find me in a skirt & blouse, silky thigh-highs & heels.

Oh btw, Rhonda's been creeping out of the closet all week - she should be in full bloom by this weekend!! I can hardly wait- it's been soooo long ! Just got 24 pair of thigh-highs in from Hanes yesterday, slipped the first pair on a few hours ago - ooooh yess!

Kathi-Anne
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I recently purchased a garter belt and long stockings from Fredericks. I came home and tried them on. The stockings came to just about three inches above my knee. I felt that I was short changed. I thought that the stockings would come to mid thigh or higher.
I am back to pantyhose and loving the feeling of being encase in nylon from the waist down.

Nothing like the feel of being encased from my waist down to my toes that only comes from pantyhose. I am 6'4" and wear the new size of L'eggs Sheer Energy pantyhose. The Q+ they have ample leg room for me and no struggling to get them up.

maid phylis
01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
i have been wearing pantyhose every day for a long time and when i go out i will wear my girdle over my pantyhose and slip my nylons over them ,its a very sexy feeling and it saves my nylons .love phylisanne;)

Brittney
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Stockings for sure, pantyhose cover my sexy thong and I don't like that, plus the smooth sexy thighs are soooooooooo much nicer exposed in contrast to the lacey top.

Wanda
01-20-2006, 08:59 AM
It depends on the outfit for me. My short black party dress, then it's stockings. For everyday its pantyhose. I don't really care, I am somewhat of a nylon nut and love the feel and look of both.

Wanda Lee

Maid Marion
01-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I just love wearing stockings and a suspender (garter) belt. You get double the pleasure because you get to choose the belt to wear with the stockings. Is a sexy little number or just a plain old every-day one.
I also get the pleasure of going into the lingerie store to choose one - bliss. If only they would let me into the changing room to try on before buying.
Ah a girl can dream.

Brenda Suzanne
02-01-2006, 02:40 PM
STOCKINGS!!!!!...always!!!!! ;-)

Alesia
02-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi ,found good sheer tights at a ballet and dance store!:thumbsup:

Donnie
02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
& garter belts for sure, but as I said in another post Im having a hard time with attaching, STILL. Just came out of the bathroom after a 1/2 hour and still couldnt get my garters attached! Well, I got 3 out of 4 anyway, I was looking forward to a sexy ride home from work but now its just stockings and panties
Signed "Frustrated"

Amanda Harriman
02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I prefer control top pantyhose. I love the snugness. Although stockings look great, there are too many factors to get them to wear just right.
Amanda
www.geocities.com/aharriman67

Dar
02-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Pantyhose for me, stocking are nice but dont fit right, pantyhose feel nice. I mostly wear sheer energy size b suntan, seem like they never let me down,I do most of my ordering on line and purchase the slightly inperfect ones, they fit and wear just fine and cost a lot less. So, what I am saying is, I cover my shaven legs in pantyhose only. Bye

Stacy Lyn
02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Love both, however I prefer pantyhose.
It's important to pay the extra quality hose and make sure you get the right size. In fact I had a great time shopping for three new pair today!

Vivian_Anne_1
02-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Don't like pantyhose, can never seem to find a pair to fit and stay in place. Don't like the stockings with Lycra (makes my skin break out). Love stockings from Victoria Secret they feel so sexy and silky. I just bought another garterbelt but it was the wrong size (was not paying attention), I am going back and get another one and also getting an open girdle with garters. I wear them under my street clothes every day.

cyndyw
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Prefer sheer pantihose that require my legs to be shaved or preferably waxed. Size Q silken mist fit me perfectly.

SandraInHose
02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Control top pantyhose are my choice. Love the squeeze and snugness.

I've tried a lot of brands and styles, and have pretty much stayed with L'eggs Sheer Energy and Sheer Vitality control tops. Readily available, and the price is decent, especially on the OneHanesPlace website.

One common thing I've noticed in this thread is the complaint of pantyhose not fitting properly. I've learned over the years to buy one size bigger/taller than you think you need, if they're available. Since L'eggs came out with Q+ on some of their products, it has made a world of difference in comfort. I just emailed L'eggs and thanked them for the bigger sizes, and added that if women knew they were better fitting and more comfortable, they'd wear them a lot more often.
Even my wife has thanked me for turning her on to the extended sizes...not that she's fat, but because they stay up better, and she doesn't have to constantly pull up the crotch area that's usually slidling down several inches.

Keely
02-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Thigh highs are my favs. The ones that stay up by themselves. I've tried stockings and garter belt but they tend to bag at the knee after a while. Maybe I'm not using the right kind/size. Pantyhose are Ok but thigh highs are better for me.

Keely

Denise_Z
02-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Definatly panty hose.

Heather_cd
02-02-2006, 01:05 AM
just depends I have a skirt that I love to wear thigh high stockings with and also love the total feel of a pantyhose. A nice mini, with pantyhose on is totaly hot and sexy. :bs:

lauren
02-02-2006, 01:21 AM
I prefer stockings with a GB. Inasmuch as I have a chronic urinary problem, ph aren't terribly practical unless I can find some with an open crotch.

Lauren

Kathi-Anne
02-03-2006, 12:54 PM
As I had said before, "PANTYHOSE,PANTYHOSE,PANTYHOSE" I was just wondering where most of you tall gurls get your pantyhose.

Gisele
02-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I like pantyhose but I love stockings.

cdronnie
02-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I mostly wear garter belts & nylons but pantyhose run a close second.

suspender
02-18-2006, 10:20 PM
As the name goes, I love the suspender and stocking arrangement. I have several different sets and colours. I also like tights and the sheer pantyhose. It all depends on the mood I am in and the dress/skirt that I am wearing. Long live all of the options.

Sus.

Allison1
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I totally agree. Pantyhose are awesome. I love body catsuits also. allison

maid phylis
02-18-2006, 10:32 PM
i wear pantyhose every day and i just love their feel on my legs , but when i go out to the city i usually wear my obg and my sheer nylons .but i love them both .;)