PDA

View Full Version : The lgbt community is finally being more accepted

jsunic_1978
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
MY HOME CITY, CLEVELAND OHIO IS HOSTING THE lgbt OLYMPIC GAMES THIS SUMMER 2014 will be the off spring START FOR THE LGBT COMMUNITY BECOMING MORE MAINSTREAM :) I believe cleveland will have a lot to do with it this year. Other cities banned LGBT to march in the st pattys day perade this year such as NYC. NYC already has an unfriendly intollarent rap of just different people in general LOL.

everybody and society as a whole needs to be more accepting of evreybody, never know whom the nurse paramedic etc etc may save ones life. ;)

kimdl93
03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Cleveland Rocks!

Ashleygirl
03-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Being banned from the Saint Patrick's Day parade is a poor example. Here in Boston, there has been a lot of hatred by gay groups against the catholic church. Mass equality said they had a gay veterans group that wanted to march.They were denied.The mayor tried to work a compromise. Even though their was only ONE gay veteran, the parade organisers said they could march ,with one banner saying GAY VETERANS...The gay group refused,they wanted a big float and a lot of flair...In May Boston has the GAY PRIDE PARADE,i don't thing they would allow anti-gay groups to march in it...EVEN THE GAY SOLDIER,WHO DID MARCH SAID MASS EQUALITY SHOULD OF GIVEN A LITTLE AND MARCHED WITH HIM........ ALL PEOPLE HAVE TO SHOW RESPECT FOR EACH OTHERS VIEWS....LOVE ASHLEY

Robin777
03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Keep us informed when the events take place. It sounds interesting.

Genny B
03-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Unfortunatly Ashley is right. The parades in New York and Boston was more about politics than it was about LBGT. Glad to see Cleveland take a lead. Just hope it's not about politics too.
Genny B

AnnieMac
03-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Actually it's the Gay Games that will be there in Cleveland. The B and T kind of get left off way down the acceptance list. CD? That has a LONG way to go for the acceptance that gays have now. People just somehow can't wrap there heads around open crossdressing yet. However, mini progress has been made with some feminine things men can get away with that are reasonably acceptable; long hair, running tights, shaved bodies, small amounts of make-up and hair styling, manicures, more color in jeans and shirts now, that sort of thing.

So perhaps LGBT may be a little more accepted but there is no CD in those letters, and I don't think the T for transgender accurately describes most of us hetero guys that enjoy wearing women's fashions, feeling feminine, and letting our inner girl out once and a while.

Rogina B
03-18-2014, 06:17 AM
But AnnieMac,No one is stopping a person from presenting as they wish,other than that person. Surely certain cities or areas of the country are less used to it than others,but that doesn't make a roadblock. Grow a thicker skin and get out there..

Beverley Sims
03-18-2014, 12:04 PM
The St Pats march is always politically driven so you can't judge anything by that.
As Kim said, Cleveland rocks!

jsunic_1978
03-19-2014, 05:23 PM
well, transgender is from CDing LOLi list let people assume i am gay. as i dress

BLUE ORCHID
03-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi Jsunic, I think that they just really didn't know where we fit in to their program.