PDA

View Full Version : Can they DO that? (humorous outrage)

Krististeph
03-18-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm referring to the "Pussyfooters", New Orleans group of women who do parades etc, dressed completely outrageous. Kind of like you might expect drag queens to do on Halloween or something.

My beef is that hey, are any crossdressers invited? I have not seen any in the pix i've seen on the internet, i just wondered if anyone knows any more about this.

Now, I might expect a group like the Azalia Trail maids to be resistant to opening up to crossdressers (after all how many of us have the money to have one of those gowns made?) but the Pussyfooters? if ever there was a group made to bridge the gender gulf, this is it.

I'm emailing them now, just to see what their stance is, i was wondering what some other here think.

If i were down in N.O. this might be get me out more!

I know many people here may think this is clownish and demeaning to 'real' crossdressers- but I like the Madri Gras attitude of overdressing and having fun!

In some ways it fits crossdressers to a 't' in that we are often very conscious of not overdressing when we go out in public, this would be a great outlet! Just like most GGs, even girly girls, they don't overdo the femininity in public (except maybe in certain areas of Japan...) (come to think of it, i remember several mainstream stories of crossdressers in Japan- one working in an 'Anime Cafe'. Japan has its inconsistencies, but it seems rather tolerant of CD, albeit from my limited point of view- but this is a topic for another thread.)

Anyway: Pussyfooters.org

Marcelle
03-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi Kristiseph,

Let us know what you find out. However, you never know just because you don't think you see a TG/CD in the mix, it doesn't mean they are not there.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
03-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Nuttin' like Mardi Gras in NOLA.

Just stop pussyfooting around.

bridget thronton
03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
If they are having fun - that is all that matters

ReineD
03-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Here's their website:

http://www.pussyfooters.org/

They do invite men to help with crowd control, the music system, and to help keep them hydrated. They also say that each woman is invited to join and is sponsored by another established Pussyfooter. One woman may be sponsored per member, and membership does not expand every year.

I think you need to know how to dance in order to join. It would be interesting to know if they might accept CDers in their group. Let us know what they say! :)

RADER
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
I look through their web site, and they had a "Drag Queen" event at Marti-Gra.
If they sponsor Drag Queens, They just might accept CDers.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Hi Kristi, It looks great to me.