PDA

View Full Version : At some point she surfaced and killed "him" off but i do not remember when.

Nicole Erin
03-19-2014, 02:18 AM
I keep a journal about my thoughts of life, it spans a lot of subjects. I was writing some entries tonight and one of them dealt with my new gender. Not until I wrote the last part did I stop and think, "Wow, I made it! I am totally at peace with this!"
I almost cried when I gave deep thought to this.
Maybe it is like being born. You know it had to have sucked but you cannot remember the pain. But after the pain, you just... live.
When you get to a point, you do not do things because you are transsexual. You do them because you are a woman. For those who are at this point, how did we get here? At what point did our turmoil turn to peace?

Here is how it goes -

During marriage and shortly after divorce, I was having a lot of fun being “Erin”. Anytime I bought women’s clothing or something pertaining to women, it was a rush. Today, it is just clothes shopping or buying everyday shit. No longer do I trot into a store all nervous and trying to dodge glances of people when I am in the woman’s section. When someone calls me “Erin”, it is just my name. It is not a rush or some kind of weird personal victory. It feels no different than when I used to hear my old name.
I wonder then if my lack of care for manly stuff is the cause or result of living as a woman. The intimidation or adrenaline rush I would once get about man stuff no longer affects me. Oh sure I can still work on cars or other machines but it is not a validation of my masculinity. It is just a chore. When I can do some things well that are associated with femininity, that is where my validation now lies. I think both genders among people seek validation.
Once “she” took over my mind, I started to see men and women and even other transgender differently. For dating, I do still prefer women. Even though, I wonder if I am attractive to men. Often times the male customers will tell me how pretty I am or flirt with me. Sometimes I act flattered just to make them feel good. When I was younger, the very idea of a man finding me attractive was enough to make me want to fight. How things have changed.

I have fully embraced who I have become. There is no more internal struggle. I do not even worry about being “woman enough”. No longer do occasions come up where I try to act like a man because I feel I have to. I have become a woman. I can finally let go and just live my life. Even though “his” skill set is not lost, but “he” is dead. When I look in the mirror, I see a woman. I no longer see a man in a dress. I do not even remember what it felt like to see “A man in a dress” but I do know it was awful. I know I will never feel or remember that feeling ever again.

Persephone
03-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Wow! Can totally relate to your post.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Angela Campbell
03-19-2014, 04:20 AM
I guess I am not there just yet, but I am moving in that direction. I can still remember the pain, and the male life but living the way I do now feels so natural to me. It is almost like I always have, but not quite.

I Am Paula
03-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Getting dressed each day, and doing everything in my life as a woman, without hoopla. I got that. It was easier than I thought.
But that one last hurdle, of getting my mind to stop thinking about myself as TS, is still a barrier. It may never go away.
Since I cannot erase my past, so perhaps this is as good as it gets. At least I'm very comfortable where I am now.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks for sharing that Nicole.

It is a huge accomplishment to truly get to the place you are today and I delighted for you!

Kudos to you!!!

DreamRin
03-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Maybe it is like being born. You know it had to have sucked but you cannot remember the pain. But after the pain, you just... live.
When you get to a point, you do not do things because you are transsexual. You do them because you are a woman.

It fills me with joy to see that you are at peace with yourself!
Most of us (including myself!) struggle with that duality (male on the outside, female on the inside) but it is only when you come to terms with it that true happiness can settle!

I still need to come to terms with my external image and stop thinking about being "passable" or not before i can step out of the dark pit i was thrown into.

Good luck in this new phase of your life!
Cheers!

Nicole Erin
03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
The truth is -
The day you stop worrying about it is one that will creep by unnoticed.
I still wonder when it happened. Was it when I changed my name? Was it when I got a job as Erin? Was it when I realized people will still treat me normal? Maybe the day I learned i could still date and yes even have intimacy with women? Or maybe it is the rare times that someone is a smart ass yet it doesn't bother me?

Then I realized just HOW I got there. Listen up ladies -
Each time I felt insecure about something, like wearing something or going someplace being TS, I decided to face the fear DEAD ON. Stared it dead in the eyes and it got the hell out of my way.
Nowadays when I get out of bed, the devil himself says, "Oh crap! She's up!"

Paula - I remember thinking that the thought of "I am TS" will never go away. Though we are always aware of it but trust me, we quit caring. You learn to fully embrace YOU and the world has no choice but to embrace it as well.

Once you get past the point of resenting being "TS", you can move on to other things. For me, my latest obsession and "hobby" is building a small collection of "vintage artifacts from the 1980's. Yeah I am nostalgic :D

vikki2020
03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Nice post,Erin. That mental hurdle is the toughest--and it sounds like you cleared it by a long shot! You own it, and it's all yours.

docrobbysherry
03-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Wonderful to read a post like that. And, especially wonderful for u, Erin!

I'm a CD. But, I have noticed many things that used to fill me with fear, stress, or excitement when I began going out dressed, seem so nonchalant now.

Maybe the road from trans to female is similar? As u gradually get used to doing things over and over and living full time as a female, suddenly it dawns on u that you've arrived?

Which begs the question: When will the "female" avatar appear?