PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

SaraAarons
03-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I am a crossdresser. But I cant make my mind up. When I am dressed up thinking about having a girlfriend. is this normal? Can you help???

I am not gay in anyway.

kimdl93
03-20-2014, 04:37 PM
I think, like many CDrs you have the mistaken idea that CDing is related to sexual preference. It's not. Gender preference...even temporary...and sexual preference are two different things.

Rachelakld
03-20-2014, 04:48 PM
I have a wife and 4 teenage daughters, no girlfriend (lots of friends who are girls who have hot bodies).
Only male friend has a fishing boat with beer fridge and a grill on board.

ClaraKent
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't find it odd that your thinking about it that way. But I would have to agree that CDing and whether you like men or women are two different things. They are related but not that interlinked. Just try and sort through what your feeling are about it and go with who you are.

Miriam-J
03-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Nothing unusual at all, Sara. From what I've read here and elsewhere, sexuality is quite separate from gender expression. About the same proportion of people, roughly 10% (or so I remember), are homosexual among both the crossdressing and non-crossdressing populations. Many of us on this site have wives or girlfriends, and one of the most frequently discussed topics is whether to tell our loved ones, and consequences from having done so or not.

Miriam

Confucius
03-20-2014, 05:45 PM
You're typical for a cross-dresser. The vast majority of them are straight. It seems that cross-dressing has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I think that gay cross-dressers have a tendency to be more flamboyant, while straight cross-dressers tend to be much more private and introspective.

RADER
03-20-2014, 07:23 PM
I enjoy dressing very much; My wife was OK with me dressing. She even bought clothes for me.
I like girls and girls only. I guess you could say that I like girls so much that I enjoy being in there
clothes, to get the feeling of being a girl.
I am a very strait male, and still in the closet.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi Sara, Strait and married over 50yrs.

NathalieX66
03-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Gender identity and sexual orientation are mutually exclusive.

I used to be puzzled and confused by the fact that I preferred to dress & be as female, and have attraction to females , and zero attraction to males. I felt very alone.

I've also been to a few gay clubs, and discovered that gay guys, for the most part, don't seem to be particularly interested in trans people.......with the exception of a few tranny chasers. Gay guys seem to want men.

I live & dress as female 50-75% of the time, with the exception of work, and even that doesn't count because my hair is beyond shoulder legnth, I wear earrings, and I generally wear womens' jeans mainly because I can't stand guys' clothes.

I'm at the point where I find no thrill in dressing as female, though I do enjoy dolling up as a sexy woman. I just want the world to know that my gender identity is not entirely male.

Dana L
03-20-2014, 10:58 PM
I think, like many CDrs you have the mistaken idea that CDing is related to sexual preference. It's not. Gender preference...even temporary...and sexual preference are two different things.
This is very true. I've been married 24 years and CD most of them. Still like women! I just would like to be one of them.

Marcelle
03-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Hi Sara,

I agree with Kim on this one . . . you are confusing CDing with sexual preference. We (CDers) are a stratified sample of the male population, some of us are gay, others bisexual while others are straight. You fall into the heterosexual category so no worries.

Hugs

Isha

Teresa
03-21-2014, 04:15 AM
Hi Sara,
My dressing is closely linked to wanting to share it with a woman, it's a very intimate thing that started at 9 and has never gone away. Guys don't come into the equation !

Beverley Sims
03-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Sara,
Wanting a girlfriend is quite normal, as is not being gay.

Rachel,
Your male friend with boat, beer and fridge are all the attributes you need in a friend like that.
Just remember to take a flagon of beer along. :)

Ezekiel
03-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I agree with Kim on this one . . . you are confusing CDing with sexual preference. We (CDers) are a stratified sample of the male population, some of us are gay, others bisexual while others are straight. You fall into the heterosexual category so no worries.

And few of us identify as asexual too, even if romantically attracted to women.

CD Stephanie
03-25-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not gay either. I'm only attracted to women. Part of my desire to CD comes my intense admiration of women and the female body and form. I love how a woman feels, smells, and looks, so I want to sometimes achieve that myself. If I suddenly woke up as a woman one day, I'd be a lesbian.