PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have Thigh High Problems?

Joanie
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I like wearing thigh highs, it is one of the few feminine items my wife accepts me in, worn in the bedroom only, that is. Do any other wearers experience the problem of them slowing working their way down? This pair I have on now from Frederick's of Hollywood was pricey at $12.00 and sized correctly but walking in here to the computer from the bedroom, down they go! Same problem with a pair from Victoria's Secret. The elastic doesn't hold well. I am about ready to migrate what are called suspender stockings, sort of like a garter belt that connects the belt directly with the hose, that are shown on Frederick's website.

Never had this problem with pantyhose (my wife did the other day), not really much into wearing hoisery and a garter.

Anyone else have this problem with thigh highs???????????

Carlacd
01-10-2006, 06:09 PM
If you have hair on your upper thighs, the grips in the thigh highs will not hold them in place. Try just shaving your upper thigh area where the thigh highs will go and see what happens.
Works for me.

Lindahexi
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I have exactly the same problem so I stick to tights (pantyhose) or have to wear a suspender belt and stockings.

Carla is correct, it's the hair that stops the holdups from gripping.

SherriePall
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Joanie --
I just bought a pair of Hanes thigh highs and the elastic has held the several times I've worn them and I have some hair on my upper thighs (sigh).

Joanie
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, ladies, thanks for enlightening me on this, I never considered my hair the culprit. Like many of you here, I am afraid the hair is something I am stuck with for now, "sigh"

Sam-antha
01-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Never knew why they did, but do that they did. Left them to it in favour of the sexier seeming garter/suspender belt. Anyway it stretches out the dressing and it does make the undressing go with a snap.
Like Joanie, I am stuck with hair there. Didn't worry me though and still does not.

MarinaTwelve200
01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I use TWO wide rubber bands, with sufficient diameter, over the tops of EACH of my thigh highs---they give the extra elasticity to hold them up without cutting off my leg circulation.---also note that with some thigh high brands, one side of the elastic band has a LOT more friction than the other.--that should be worn INSIDE. They are a lot less likely to slip down---Common sense to be sure, but perhaps not everyone has noticed.

I used to like panty hose, but after my first pair of thigh highs I am hooked. I like the more open, "airy" feeling underneath. And I dont sweat as much.

Jillian310
01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I wear thigh highs almost exclusively. I get mine at JC Penny's. I wear queen size tall. They have two different styles in my size. I prefer the ones that have what looks like a banded top, as opposed to the lacy looking top. I always pull mine way up and have found that then they slowly work their way down a couple of inches until the tension between the nylon and the sticky top bands equalizes. I do have a little problem when wearing skirts, I have to keep pulling them up every once in a while. But then most of my skirts are on the short side. In slacks, forget it! Walking will pull them down.

Reana
01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
The hair could well be a factor but I suspect it's the brands to some extent. I have been shaved for so long that I can't remember for sure but think that my Leggs brand may have slipped a little over the period of an hour or two of active walking. I can assure anyone though that without the hair as a factor I can walk all day in the Leggs thigh highs w/o them slipping down. I do own other more pricey brands of thigh highs but have never put them to the prolonged wear test. :)

Jonien
01-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Never had a problem with holdups I wear them a lot but remember Lady's do not wash them with a fabric softener it will stop them from gripping.
this stuff should only be used on woollies

Olivia
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Before I began shaving my legs (and everything else too), I'd have problems with thigh highs staying up. Now, that is not a problem. In fact, I have kept a pair on for 48 hours before and had them slip very little. Another tip to consider: don't lotion your legs right before wearing your thigh highs. They will be hard to keep up then too. Later, Olivia.

Michelle Jo
01-10-2006, 08:11 PM
I had the same problem ... but I started buying extra tall stockings which put much less pressure on them to ride down .. but I also roll the top a few times ( usually three or more) over itself and this also seamed to help .. I have worn them for up to three hours under my jeans or jean shorts and they seamed to stay OK ... but I only buy the best quality I can from lingerie stores like Hanes, or Leggs, never the cheap one from the grocery store not sure it that makes a big difference but maybe it does.

DonnaT
01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I have the same problem with anything other than the Delicates brand sold at JC Penny. Mainly due to my big legs. The Delicates stay up, however.

Francine
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
The only problem I have ever had with thigh high stockings (other than that more than likely expected run at the most inconvenient time) from 'working their way down' is when the seam between the elastic at the top and nylon gave way. And that only happened once. I was trying to do a photo shoot and one stocking just kept wanting to slide down the leg. I actually took a picture that revealed the tear at the seam. It just seemed nothing was going right that day. But thigh high stockings are still my favorite, and the stocking I have the most of.

And my favorite thigh high stockings come from JCPenney.

kristytv
01-10-2006, 11:24 PM
being i am larger i have had a lot of issues with stuff like this, and hair or no hair , i found the best ones for me are the just my size ones offered on the website , yea they are 4x , but they fit right and dont roll at all , i have worn them for 24 + hours too and for reference i am 5'9 260#

Deanna2
01-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I just love thigh highs - particularly the ones with a wide band of lace at the top (Voodoo, I think). There are a couple of brands that don't seem to like hairy thighs. Just another reason to keep my legs shaven!

chanel_txtv
01-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I would just get a garter belt .. 100 times sexier!!!

Karyn
01-11-2006, 02:26 AM
I wear thigh highs almost always, and as long as I'm in a skirt they stay up fine on my shaved legs. When I wear them under pants, though, they want to slide down more, so I wear a garter belt with them to keep them up.

Phyliss
01-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Something I've found about this problem is, if I go to a larger size then I don't have the "fall down quitter" problem.

I usually buy the Hanes Silk Reflections in size EF. They end up at the very top of my hairless legs, and stay there all day.

I've tried some of the smaller sizes and have been diappointed by the sudden drop after about ten steps.

sweeting
01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
i just like to wear nylon stockings with a sexy garter belt love laurie

AnnaMaria
01-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I have worn all types of stockings from thigh high to pantyhose and actual winter tights. I have never had a problem with thigh highs coming down but then I have very well shaved legs and I always make sure that they are pulled up to the point that they are almost touching my panties and they don't slip even in pants.

anna

Steffie-Lee
01-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Joanie;
Your problem seems to be that you are not wearing the right size. Thigh high stockings come in lengths, Tall, Average, short depending on the brand. I like the Cling Along tall from Sears. Buy them in the ladie's department in the mall, been wearing them for years - no problem...
Hugs, Steffie-Lee....

sparkle
01-11-2006, 01:19 PM
A previous entry says to avoid lotion before putting thi-tops on. I have dry skin and have found the opposite to be true. Applying lotion to the top of my thighs just before putting the stockings on seems to give them something better to stick to than dry flaky skin. Works for me ???

Could it be that the brand of lotion I use is elmers? :) Seriously, it really does work for me, I use Lubriderm.

Imogen_Mann
01-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Nope, I'm wearing ASDA (Walmart) Hold-ups and they stay up the whole time. The problem I have is they roll over sometimes and rip leg hair out (No shaving for me I am a wookie).

XX

Jayme

Gretchen
01-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Of all the stocking options available, I have found that thigh highs are the most comfortable and easiest to wear. It took some experimentation with different brands and sizing before I found that Leggs, Hanes Silk Reflections and Penney's cantrece sheer caress stockings stay up the best. I will always by the larger longer length sizes and find they stay up beautifully right at my panty line. The Hanes and Penney's brands have silicone bands at the top welt and that seems to be the most effective material for the hold up bands.
I too found they stay up completely when I shave away all the hair at the top of my thighs.
Love,
Gretchen

SissyPanties
01-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I always wear a garter belt with thigh high stay up stockings. It works great. I wear a garter belt several sizes smaller than my other clothes. I wear a Medium garter belt where most of my other clothes are extra large. This may seem strange but the garter belt won't stay up unless it is sized like this. I prefer the wider styles of garter belts because they have better support. A garter combined with a waist cincher is good too.

Darlena
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
The latex compound on the top of thigh highs seem to adhere better when the skin is clean and free of oils. Not so much as hair, because hair is an anchor. Try bathing and using an astringent instead of bath oils & the such. One's pores produce enough oils to promote the sliding effect. However.., why do you think the GGs go to the powder room so much. And what's up with the occasional squirming technique? Love & kisses,

Karyn
01-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Almost ashamed to give this tip, but maybe it will save someone else. I always wore my panties under the garters, but last week it took a little too long to find a restroom while out, and by the time I found one I couldn't get the garters out of the way in time to get the panties down. Lost a perfectly good pair of panties and stockings - the panties go on the outside of the garters from now on!

ronda
01-17-2006, 05:23 AM
i love lace top thigh high and wear them all the time i dont have hair on my leg so i dont know about that. if i buy them to small they will fall down i get mine at wall mart the brand george has a tall size that is just right for me and they stay up wearing pants or skrits.

Lawren
01-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I have that problem all the time, Joanie. It seems like I am continually pulling them up. I do love to wear thi highs. They are one of my fave items but can ba a bit aggravating sometimes. Sadly, because of my, (Ahem), "expanded waistline" :o I cannot wear garters. though I fervently wish I could. :cry:

Lindahexi
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Nope, I'm wearing ASDA (Walmart) Hold-ups and they stay up the whole time. The problem I have is they roll over sometimes and rip leg hair out (No shaving for me I am a wookie).

XX

Jayme
I tried Asda holdups, they have a kind of rubbery substance inside the top section, they feel great but they just don't stay up on me. Maybe my legs are too thin. :D

Lindahexi
01-17-2006, 10:58 AM
i love lace top thigh high and wear them all the time i dont have hair on my leg so i dont know about that. if i buy them to small they will fall down i get mine at wall mart the brand george has a tall size that is just right for me and they stay up wearing pants or skrits.
Hi Ronda, maybe I'll try the tall size then, that may well be the answer for me, even though I'm only 5' 7". I do love lacy top thigh highs, so I'll give them a try. Thanks.

Lawren
01-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Oops, I forgot to mention that I have better luck keeping thigh highs up immediately after a good close shave of my legs. It seems that any hair/stubble makes a very good lubricant for stockings to slide on.

cheryl1035
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
My thigh highs stay up better now that I shave regularly. I have to agree with the other girls that I like the JC Penny brand the best. They stay up well and feel better on my legs.

ashlee chiffon
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM
i have little hair and have shaved many times and certain thighhi's stay up and certain don't, regardless of the hair. My particular problem with thighhi's with elastic bands is that i have a skin reaction like a rash that remains for several days with some types of elastic... My favorite hose are hanes *the silkiest and still affordible*, but i have that problem when wearing them, so i stay with pantyhose for the most part. Wish i could solve the problem, as i Soooo luv the freedom of wearing them!

Billijo49504
01-19-2006, 11:51 PM
When I buy the expensive ones, they have a tendancy to slide down, so I started getting the Legg's brand and they stay up. And I save money. Or can buy more pairs.

Alayna
01-20-2006, 03:58 PM
If you've had them a long time, it may be time to replace them. They "wear out" after they've been washed enough times. It shouldn't matter if you have hair or use lotion.

The main thing is to get the right size, it makes all the difference.

Also, I'll admit that I'm practically an unpaid spokesperson for Victoria's Secret, but don't buy hosiery from them or Fredericks. For $8 -$20 per pair you're better off going to Stockings HQ (http://www.stockingshq.com/) (they have a forum too with a dedicated CD section!)

They're UK based, but I still shop there even though I'm in the states. The brands they carry are usually more expensive, but only by a little bit if you're buying luxury hosiery anyway... They also have a special section of tall sizes!

These (http://www.stockingshq.com/sheertemptation/erol.html#76x0&&http%3A%252F%252Fwww.stockingshq.com%252F) are my absolute favorites! I have them in white in XL and they fit perfectly! (I'm 6'5" and 157lbs) They're relatively cheap too at around $12

I have these (http://www.stockingshq.com/sheertemptation/erol.html#76x0&&http%3A%252F%252Fwww.stockingshq.com%252F) too but they don't fit as nicely - they're a little to wide for my skinny chicken legs.

If this place is too expensive you can try these (http://www.electriqueboutique.com/shop/proddetail.asp?id=H-101)at electriqueboutique.com
The material is not nearly as nice, but they are cheap, come in lots of colors, and are VERY durable. The band is not latex either and they still managed to stay on these chicken legs just fine. Great for a budget, but i'm afraid I've been spoiled by luxury stockings:)

edit: I guess the store won't save the pages I've linked - so the "my favorites" stockings are the Le Bourget Essentiel hold-ups (javascript:parent.parent.show(453,4782,0,0)) and the ones that are too wide are the Levante Vanita hold-ups (javascript:parent.parent.show(1275,1421,0,0))

flicka
01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm a stocking addict - cannot abide pantyhose! I buy Voodoo or Levante stay-ups "Tall" size, even though I'm short in stature. "Medium" tend to drift down. Also I find that shaven thighs are essential for a firm grip.

Stay-ups are expensive so I keep for special occasions. Normal wear is "One Size Fits All" stockings, whch are stong and can be hauled to any height, hooked to a wide garter belt.

Sweet Susan
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM

XX

Jayme

What is a wookie?