PDA

View Full Version : So excited!!

Camille15
03-21-2014, 01:32 AM
I haven't been able to dress in almost 3 months, but finally next Friday I'll get my chance! I have a hotel room for the day, and plan to dress and have fun all day. I might paint my nails again, and plan to work on my makeup skills.

I'm on the fence about going out. Last time I ventured down to the lobby in a sweater dress and boots, and managed not to set off any sirens. It build some confidence. This time I've put together a more casual outfit of dark jeans, black ankle boots, a black shirt, and a teal sweater. I also got a black cross-body purse. I'm trying to blend in more. I'll have to see how my confidence is. I thought about maybe walking out of the hotel (through the lobby...eek!), and into my car for a trip to a drive-through Starbucks. Even if I got that far, I'd have to show them my big man-hands to pay for my drink, which I usually try to hide. We'll see.

I'll definitely take plenty of pics though, and post some if they turn-out!

Camille

Anna H
03-21-2014, 01:51 AM
That sounds Very Exciting! I hope you get some pictures...your teal
sweater sounds Great! with the jeans & top & boots!

Best of Luck to you!!!! ♥

:happy: ~Kate~

Suzanne F
03-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Camille
You can do it! The world will not end when you venture out. I promise! Either way enjoy your day!
Hugs
Suzanne

Beverley Sims
03-21-2014, 02:52 AM
Camille,
You have to jump off the cliff sometime.....
Do it now. :)

Marcelle
03-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Hi Camille,

I remember your last post and the pictures! Sweetie, you were gorgeous and will blend very well.

I would not worry about "man hands" as there are plenty of women with different shaped hands (not all are petit). You last pictures only showed a very pretty girl and that is what most people will notice. Regardless of whether you go out or not . . . enjoy your dressing fun and by all means post some pictures if you are so inclined.

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
03-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Hi Camille, That all sounds great, Just don't forget your room key.

Camille15
03-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks all for the encouragement! Yes, plan to put my room key in my purse! Love saying that...

Camille

Jenniferathome
03-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Camille, you are thinking about what can go wrong. Instead, think about the neat experience you can have while out. If you interact with others "normally" then you experience will be "normal." It works.

Helen_Highwater
03-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Camille,

It wasn't that long ago when did my first drive through (Mac's). Deep breath and go for it. The guy at the second window was so busy talking to his colleagues he didn't give me a second glance. I've done it a few times since and yes I got read but if you work on the principal that they don't know you from Eve and you're not likely to ever meet them anywhere ever again, what's there to worry about?

If there is a toughy then it's deciding on what voice to use. If you're going to attempt a fem voice then spend a few minutes first getting comfortable with it so when you do speak it's there ready to use. As Jennifer says, try to be as normal as possible

DonnaMo
03-24-2014, 05:45 AM
Most of us know exactly how you feel hon. As far as going out while your there just play it by ear but don't pass up an opportunity
to show off a little...

Donna,

Claire Cook
03-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Camille
You can do it! The world will not end when you venture out. I promise! Either way enjoy your day!
Hugs
Suzanne

The world will certainly not end -- a new one is beginning!

Camille, you are thinking about what can go wrong. Instead, think about the neat experience you can have while out. If you interact with others "normally" then you experience will be "normal." It works.

Great advice from everyone -- this will be a confidence booster. We all look forward to hearing how it goes!

Camille15
03-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the great advice and encouragement everyone!! I'm getting more and more confident that I will really do this!!

Camille