PDA

View Full Version : Roi

Kate Simmons
03-22-2014, 09:29 AM
In the business world before a project is undertaken, you have to to a study on potential ROI (return on investment) for investing money in the project. Many of us on here expend a great deal of time, energy and money looking feminine. What kind of ROI do you feel you have gotten for your trouble? For me I get to freely express myself and have fun socializing and dancing en femme. That, in my estimation, is priceless and is well worth the effort. That is my ROI. How about you?:)

CarlaWestin
03-22-2014, 11:03 AM
The ROI I receive is having two world experiences, male and female. Double than average human experiences. Nice percent on return!

Katey888
03-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Nice one Kate! :)

One significant ROI for me is a negative multiplier for my apparent age... maybe about 15% in my mind (and it's my mind that matters...:devil:)

Smaller returns? - Having neater eyebrows and finally finding a benefit of having a mouth full of tombstones... :D

Katey x

Beverley Sims
03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
ROI for me has been positive.
I think of those struggling to suppress it and all the depression and associated sickness that comes with it.

I feel free, fairly easy and live a great and interesting life, partly because of 'it".

Nikki A.
03-22-2014, 03:50 PM
There is no ROI. I consider it overhead. If it keeps me sane then whatever it costs me is a cost of being. For some this is a money pit but it makes us happy or at least sane.

Aylineira
03-22-2014, 04:05 PM
Return on Investment? Never looked at it that way before. I suppose the return is pretty nice considering how happy it makes me feel when I look all pretty in the mirror.

Michaelasfun
03-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Feeling good about myself, mainly. In guy mode I wouldn't wear makeup or anything like that to try and enhance my appearance, but switch to girl mode and the brakes are off!! I can use any and everything, and if I do a good job I really feel good about it.

PaulaQ
03-22-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm alive, and I wouldn't be otherwise. ROI = infinite.

BLUE ORCHID
03-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Hi Kate, My ROI is pretty good, It allows me to be a double agent.

MissTee
03-22-2014, 09:05 PM
My return has been substantial. The feeling of well being coupled with less stress about all things have resulted in quite the pay off.

looking_good
03-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Lovely Kate - great question. I have also begun asking what is the ROI for my SO? What does she get out of it?

Still working on an answer, but a good question...

Anna H
03-22-2014, 09:56 PM
I'd probably work myself to death if I didn't have some
Very Good reason to do something else...

I have a hard time sitting still sometimes!

:happy:

Jaylyn
03-22-2014, 10:23 PM
ROI has to be that enjoyment I get looking younger and the feelings that come with wearing the clothes and makeup. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by how I think I look in the mirror and I take a picture. The picture usually brings me back to the real world.

Jorja
03-22-2014, 10:59 PM
I would tell you that I have had 1000% return on my investment. Well worth the expense.

michellekhoo
03-23-2014, 04:15 AM
I am in a Warren Buffet kinda mood right now

Although some Botox wouldn't go a miss

Eryn
03-23-2014, 06:39 PM
For most of us the return is a happier, more satisfying life. For a few of us the return is being alive at all.

Michelle789
03-23-2014, 06:41 PM
My ROI is a beginning to an end of decades of confusion and denial, a better picture of who I am, and getting to by myself more often, including being out in public a few times already. I think my ROI will increase over the next few years.

Erica Grace
03-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Looking at my experience overall I believe dressing helps to reduce stress and unleash my creativity, make me a more understanding/accepting person in general, and help me connect with my girlfriend better. Before coming out to her I was depressed about the potential for a negative reaction. I believe I did not have a positive ROI until I told her and she accepted me for who I am, isn't that what any of us want?

Looking at each individual time I dress, I find it less satisfying to do the whole routine because I do not yet have the confidence to go out in public. Therefore, it doesn't seem as worth it if I can not go out and enjoy myself for a few hours. I find that once I get done up I enjoy it for a bit, take some pics and then take it all off. I know once I get good enough (or build up enough confidence) that I will feel a higher ROI. Only way to get better is to keep practicing though! Wouldn't change it for the world.

Claire Cook
03-24-2014, 05:54 AM
How does a woman determine the ROI on her wardrobe, or getting her hair done, or buying that new pair of shoes? It like the credit card ads say -- Priceless!

Cheryl T
03-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Mine would be the release I've felt after all my years of hiding and denying who I am.
I also take better care of my body (can't be buying a new wardrobe all the time), I am more caring now and much more interested in everything my spouse does.

franlee
03-24-2014, 05:18 PM
I can sum it up in one word, satisfaction. That equates to all the fun, happy successful and even less than great CDing experiences, I did it and I would missed one of the Best parts of Me if I hadn't.

Taylor Ray
03-24-2014, 07:52 PM
I was raised in a way that taught the value of "work hard, play hard".

Returns on investment? I leave that at the office.

Felicia Dee
03-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I guess my ROI is the chance to fully be me. Worth every penny of my investment.