PDA

View Full Version : Wise Words

AlexisRaeMoon
03-22-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.tickld.com/x/100-wise-words-for-everyone-

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. Look at number 25!

"If you choose to go in drag, don't sell yourself short."

What do you suppose that means? I think it's positive, but does it mean "go all the way?" Or, "wear it proudly?"

Curious to see what everybody thinks...

RenneB
03-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm almost thinkin these are for a GG. Look at 91.... well then again, always wear a bra to work works for me... If they were addressed to a GG, some...okay most that I see around here don't dress as a girl (i.e. D.r.a.g.). So my advise would be dress like you put some thought into it. Don't just grab what's on top of the dirty clothes pile in your bed room.....

Renne.....

Jenelle
03-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Given that there are 99 other things on the list I personally would not give significance to it.

Michaelasfun
03-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I'd say its about going all out when you do it. Which I agree with, I like to look as good as I can (with the limited personal attributes I have lol)

Chari
03-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Seems someone is always writing up some new "wise words" for others to live by, but it is always best IMHO to be comfortable and confident in who YOU are, no matter where you are on the gender scale! Enjoy.

Raychel
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Interesting, 91 may be wise words too. :thinking:

Shari
03-23-2014, 05:20 AM
The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.
It can be taken a couple of different ways.

Lynn Marie
03-23-2014, 06:11 AM
I like the entire list, and 25 means nothing more to me than "strut your stuff", "own it "," proudly go where no man has gone before ".

BOBBI G.
03-23-2014, 07:07 AM
My take is, it's yours, own it . Be proud of who you are. You are unique.

Bobbi

Katey888
03-23-2014, 07:28 AM
The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.

Shari - I think you might just have found the CDers Universal Truth... :cheer:

Mind you - it could also go hand in hand with 92...

92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and ****ty, Find it. :D

Katey x

Beverley Sims
03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Arianna,
Like the rest of the list, I leave it up to you.

No deep thinking here. :)

Katey,
That's not the only fine line I am looking for either.

Again, you work it out. :)

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi Arianna, That is a great list.

Jenelle
03-23-2014, 02:36 PM
This is a bit off topic but I just have to share. I homebrew and one of my kegs needed to be changed out since it poured it's last pint last night. I am sitting in front of the kegerator cleaning the beer line before swapping in a new keg.

I am in gender flux mode, a little make up, skirt, t-shirt and mid calf boots when my gf comes up to me and says "I just saw this post on Facebook. Something like 72 words from an economic professor." She rattles off a few on them before she gets to #25 and says "you are going to like this one." She tells me and I look over and say "Well duh!" And give her a little wink.

ReineD
03-23-2014, 03:09 PM
"If you choose to go in drag, don't sell yourself short."

What do you suppose that means?

I think it means to go over the top. If you're gonna do it, go all out DQ style: big hair, strong makeup, big boobs, tight sparkly dress, campy attitude, etc.

Rachel M
03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
I saw that in my fb feed as well. I suppose if you do it, then do it big.

AlexisRaeMoon
03-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Ok, so different question, same topic: does anyone have any theories on why this made the list? It seems kind of random. But maybe it's a tacit endorsement of going out it drag?

Or maybe I'm just projecting. Which of course has never happened before!