PDA

View Full Version : Why do you post pictures?

Sarahgurl371
01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi all,
A recent post inquired as to why we all come here and post pictures of ourselves. The jist of it was not in a postive light. That is totally not the reason i have posted pictures. Just curious as to why those of you that have posted pics, have done so?

For me, I guess it is kind of a comming out. I just want somone else to see me and appreciate me for who I am. Been in hiding so long (out to my wife now).

lisa threesummm
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
i just love showing my bod off...............especially when im wearing somthing sexy.....kind of a turnon for me...........lisa:angel:

TGMarla
01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Tammy, I concur. It's a coming out, so to speak. Look, I don't go anywhere. I stay at home. Sometimes there is a longing to go somewhere while I just look out the window. Marla wants to walk around in the big bad world, too. But when I post a pic here, it's like sitting in a room with lots of you girls, chatting and exchanging ideas, talking girl talk. It's very liberating. So contrary to a recent conjecture, it's not because of any reasons that can be cast in a bad light. It's mostly just so I can be here with all of you.

Laurie Ann
01-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah what Marla and Tammy said.

Dana
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Why do I enjoy viewing them?

Because, its like "Wow! These are people just like me! Men~ just like me!
And, they look terrific! They look so femm!"

Its not that I'm so much into guys, men, boys, etc in an intimate way ~ as it is the possibilities! The possiblilites of expericing that! Looking like that!

Sharon
01-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I think it was because I didn't feel "real" until I showed my face.

Francine
01-10-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure why I post pics. It seems it's just a portfolio of how far I've actually come in a transgender process. Two years ago, I rarely shave my legs. Now I seem to shave some part of my body, (besides face), daily. I composed one of my first pics at a time when I didn't even want to show my face. I was looking out a window, and had titled it "Day Dreaming of Getting Out". It seems like each picture I take, is just capturing a moment in time of what I know I would love to be. Someday, maybe.... someday.

Fallen Angel
01-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Well now that the question is out an in the open,I do it for alot of things.Thers a fun side to us we dont all have to be stuffy!! It helps alot of the girls build confedence in them selfs.To see that going out can be fun and exiteing!! and with a little work we can all be beuatifull.That you dont have to hide from being you.It puts a freindly face with a post or a thread.Our we show offs or show boating well maybe in our own way of expession but its not to do any harm!!! alot of it is for the love of our sisters here and to be able to share something of our selves. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MarinaTwelve200
01-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I suppose its because I am quite proud of how I can make myself look---and its fun to share that.---Not that I look all that "good" mind you, but I am facinated with how DIFFERENT I look in my fem mode.

I am a VERY "Closeted" CD, and THIS is the only venue in which i can show my work, and have a chance of it being appreciated. That my male self looks so drastically different, has been the only reason I even dare to show my face in Fem mode. Not only do I think I sorta look good for my age, I am totally unrecognizable, an acomplishment I am proud of--and feel a need to show off:rolleyes:

Wendy me
01-11-2006, 08:26 AM
well for me it helps when i do a new look , pitcures are fun to do and also stress full for me ... usaly i start abought a week ahead shopping and getting ready for them ...and when i do start from the time i frist start getting ready and stressing over what to wear , hair and make up till all done can be like 4 to 6 hours....then when i am happy with one out fit i go out and do some late night grocery shopping and stop off at a all nihgt cvs and restok on make up ...the pitcures just helpe me see just how the new look is comming a long

Gemma Rhodes
01-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I just love to show Gemma off to people and as I can't show my family or friends (apart from fellow TVs) then Im afraid you girls will have to put up with my pics a bit longer.

I also love the nice comments my pics often get, it really does my confidence a world of good. Also its a nice feeling to know that whilst im sat here at work in drab, then Gemma is alive an well and living in cyberspace. :)

Gemma xx

JoAnnDallas
01-11-2006, 11:12 AM
In a way pictures seperates us from the TROLLS and also it confirms our fantasies. We tend to take others at face value, but as the old saying goes "A picture tells a thousand words", is true. I have read posts that I have had no trouble believing or relating too. Then I have read posts that with out the pics I would not have believed.
Pictures show us the soul in us and for closet CD's it say "Here I am, I'm real". In a way it is a right to passage to post a pic of oneself or make a avatar out of it. It is the first baby step into the public world of CDing. Once you post a pic of yourself and no one says "EEKKK" and you get positive feedback, then you made the first step and you feel good and know that you are not alone.
When I saw the first picture I took of myself, compared to recent pictures, I look at the first one and said "YUCK", I then look at the lastest and say "Now I'm starting to look Fem". Pictures can show you what you don't see in the mirror. It can show us how far we have come and how far we have to go.
When we post a picture of ourselves here on the forum, we are saying "Here I am". We may very well look like a guy in a dress, but hey that is OK, because we are ALL GUYS in DRESSes. LOL

Sherlyn
01-11-2006, 11:21 AM
..hmmmmmm ..maybe I should post some ...hehe ... well for me its to give who I am a chance to be seen ...I like trying different levels of posing for pics ..its just dam fun ..lol and I like ta think it show's my progression as Sherlyn ..... and for me personally its like a little Sher bio with pics ...I keep a little diary with my pics on how I felt that particular day !!!:) and you can laff at me coz I even managed to snap a pic of me in the womens bathroom at the mall the other night... it was an experience I just needed a record of for my diary ..lol .. thank god no one came in... as my cam sat there on the soap dispenser ,...... slap me ,,,lol

Bonnie D
01-11-2006, 11:38 AM
I agree that it is a big step out of a lonely place. As for others, it is who they are. It is nice to put a face or whole person to whatever is being said. For those who don't post pics, I'm sure they have their good reasons, safety being a big one.

Bonnie

Aileen
01-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I love to get compliments. I think I look pretty in a dress. Or I thought so until I saw Sherlyn.

Tracy Lynn
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I think the main reason for me is that I've had an audience of one (me) for so long that it is nice for other people to see who I am. Another is for advice on how I look so I can improve the way I look from comments from all of you.

Lisa Golightly
01-11-2006, 01:01 PM
It's my job... It's what Burlesque girls do.

paulaN
01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
It was very scary for me to post my avatar and a bio pic over a year ago. So I think it's was kinda like comming out to the WWW. Anyone can see them (me) at any time. but the fear went away and I like to see paulas avatar in my post. it puts a face to the words.makes it more personal. I also love to have a photo session. I realy enjoy taking pics of me in different modes or moods. I also like to post some pics to see what people think, if i could pass or not. If I look good enough to go out. It's a confidance builder for that. I love beeing here I want people to know who I am.

Jodi Lynn
01-11-2006, 07:18 PM
I agree with the girls that said it was a "coming out" thing. To show someone who we are and that we are real. Also a little bit of showing off, giggles. I know my frist pics weren't that great but I liked them because they showed me as the person I have allways felt I am.

SherriePall
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
I think the reason most of us post pics (I will someday soon) is for the reaction and approval of our sisters. I think we all crave that approval because dressing is not something that automatically elicits a high approval rating from the majority of people we might run into daily. I know that's why I go around to several of my gg friends (who are salespeople of femme items I buy) to show off my latest pics.
And why do we take pics besides the approval factor? I once read it's because for many of us our female world is so fleeting and short and a photograph is a way of extending that time.
By the way, do you know how many crossdressers it takes to change a lightbulb? Three. One to change the bulb, one to hold the ladder, and one to take the pics.
Love,

Tina Dixon
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I can do my secrete thing with other people just like me, and im so proad of the pictures that i post, can't wait to go in and do the next set.

Sarahgurl371
01-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks for responding to this thread. It would seem that for many of us it is sort of a comming out to the world. Plus, it can be alot of fun. So, keep em" comming!

S. Lisa Smith
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
It's fun, it's validating and...I hope, harmless. I love seeing what others can do and it's a challenge for me to improve my look. I want to be the best looking, most natural Lisa I can be and the pictures and feedback help a lot!

Natasha Joy
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM
For me, pure vanity I suppose. LOL
Cheers everyone.

Rainbow6562005
01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi, everyone :)

I post my photos of myself for many reasons, some already mentioned here. An additional one is that I get a great deal of pleasure from taking good photos of anything___ including myself dressed as a woman___, showing them to the world and getting positive comments.

Tammycd said that she read a post where it painted posting images of ourselves dressed as women in a bad light. Except for arbitrary cultural and religious biases, what could possibly be inherently negative about posting our images? (If you don't believe that not all cultures look down on CDers, look up Thailand's mores on the subject in your browser. It's one of the few places the West didn't colonize and impose their Christian riigidities on the locals.)

I have a hunch that there is a Puritan lurking somewhere in our ranks; H.L. Mencken had a wonderful definition of Puritanism, which I paraphrase: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is enjoying themselves.

Yea, photographs of us! :thumbsup:

Rainbow

Jesse69
01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I post photos of myself because I want comments on my look. Like if I'm passable, if I look good, if people like my clothes, etc. I wouldn't post anymore pics of myself if I get no comments.

I like looking at other's pics because female impersination is interesting. It's not a turn on to me. I also like looking at other's taste in clothes and what they look like. I often wonder what other members look like - and when they post pic threads - that's very entertaining. I notice that some members never even post pics of themselves.

andreaboots
01-12-2006, 01:12 AM
I've considered myself to be a rebel of sorts so posting pics here was, for me a rebellious act. It symbolized my, "coming out" so to speak. Testing the waters and see what the reaction would be and in return accepting my fate, LOL. posting pics of me IS a big deal, cause it was scary to say the least but exciting to share with you, my sisters! I hope to post some new ones as I go along to see if I improve any???? Anyways, here's one, and be easy on me, I'm still trying to get it all together!!!:cheeky:

Deborah
01-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Like others it's part of coming out. Most people here (in my opinion) would rather have a face to put the name to also.
Another reason may be to get advice to improve the look also. :angel:

Nicole Lee
01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
The reason I posted up pics is just to hear what others think. I like the feeling of compliments from others and knowing that what I'm doing isn't a BAD thing .. and if it's some negative comments, it would be nice to build off of that. Also, it helps relieve some of the internal pressure inside of me from wanting to just " come out. "

Jenney Love
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I post pictures because I am proud of what I can make this flabby (not fat anymore, just a little flab here and there) male body look like.

It can be compared to taking an old rust bucket of a car and fixing it up, it's no fun if you have to leave it parked in the garage and not share it with others.

Jenney

Amelia Moxon
01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I posted pics of myself because a picture tells a thousand words, I can much better talk about what I wore when I went out if I have a Picture of myself, no other reason.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Ibuki_Warpetal
01-12-2006, 05:10 PM
You're nothing but words on a screen until you sell your sou...er... post your pic (:

I do it to be acknowledged.

Miss Lulu
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I post pictures because:

- I think it's fun.
- A bit about vanity.
- To show another part of me that exists.
- To feel more out of the closet.

Charlene Marie
01-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Absolutely!

Marla, You are absolutely right, very well put. I post my pics because I want to share. Because I want feedback on my look, this is the only place I can get it.

Lisa OZ
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
We all have come along way haven't we in our own little individual battles?

The guilt, the purges, the despair, the thrill, the realisation with the advent of the internet that there is literally thousands of us out there.......kinda comforting when you have always considered you were NQR ( Not Quite Right)

But then the world is changing quickly in all sorts of ways. Best of all Victorian attitudes to sex, which have rendered all sorts of crap on people over the last century are being lifted and people can live their lives the way they want them and not bow down to how others want them to behave. I understand this liberal ideal is not everywhere and I am certain if you live in a redneck town in the country it would be difficult. My answer to that is move, I did, I moved to Australia and could not be more happier. So post your photos, talk to one another. By education we can all beat intolerance in all it's many forms of ugliness.

Now where is that mirror

Love Lisa xx

nancy58
01-12-2006, 11:07 PM
In case you were wondering, I don't post my picture. Some of it is the usual reason -- there are people I don't want to know I do this. But there's also the fact that I don't think I would make a convincing woman to someone else. I certainly understand the desire to be seen, however. When I dress up, there's no one to see me but the cat, and he just wants to know whether I'll feed him. :(

Perhaps someday I'll go to one of the TG groups in the area where I live.

Kathrine
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Seeing others here has helped me become more comfortable with my own dressing, which has always been hidden. I makes me feel like I am part of this community. So I just want to share my pictures with others. It is nice to see differnet people expressing what they feel they need to.

Khriss
01-13-2006, 01:16 AM
...reassurance...

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-13-2006, 03:45 AM
- I think it's fun.
- A bit about vanity.
- To show another part of me that exists.
- To feel more out of the closet.

That's pretty much why I do it.

cindybarnes
01-13-2006, 07:26 AM
For me taking Cindy photos is a way I can combine my love of photography with my attempt at this feminine illusion .

I love the complaments like everyone else, but I know sometimes people are just being polite with their comments. I have a few friends that will tell me when a look Im trying just isnt me. My wife does this a lot LOL

When I first got my digi cam about 6 years ago it opend the door so to say for me to refine my dressing taste and makeup tecniques.

The day my wife saw a Cindy pic on my computer changed things big time. We had a long talk and I explained I needed just a bit more than dressing at home.
Things have been much better since then, and I probably have a dozen Cindy pics on file now :)

Cindy

christine55
01-13-2006, 12:44 PM
A pic gives me the best way to see how I appear as a girl. If it looks good to me I may post it. What girl doesn't love compliments??
Hugs, Christine

Gaby
01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm with what most of you said...

A lot of it is Vanity.

The rest of it is vanity too. *laugh* No, really... I like to see how I look. Wait, that is being vain, isn't it?

A few years ago when I started taking pics, it was in order to "come out" so to speak. But then after I started going out for real, that wasn't the case anymore.

I think that it is a lot about identity. And pride in being able to transform the every day look into something that we think is prettier.

Gaby