PDA

View Full Version : and now she tells me

mechamoose
03-23-2014, 03:07 PM
So, I'm going to this CD/TS event next weekend.. my first. My wife has been helping me put my outfit together, and is loaning me a full body slip and a nice clutch. :daydreaming:

The last time I stopped in to the store organizing the thing I'm asked if my wife is coming. I said that I didn't think so, but I would check.

So I get home and talk to her about it.

Her: "Oh, if I were going to go to that kind of thing with you, I'd want to wear a suit.. to reflect my male side."

Me: >blink< "um..yes. I certainly can't argue with that. We will have to get you set up with one!"

One week before the event and I discover she wants a men's suit... *grumble*

I will help get her one, but it won't be ready by next weekend. Oh well, something to look forward to!

- MM

Katey888
03-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Well MM - what's good for the moose... errr... goose.. I mean... :D

You cannot fault the rationale of a CD/TS event supported by everyone and participants actively blurring the lines of gender stereotypes.. Hoorah, say I! :cheer:

Wait until she realises how dull the choices are... she may yet change her mind.

Katey x

larry
03-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Go to MensWearhouse. Should be able to sell and tailor in 1 day.

Launa
03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Why grumble? I cant imagine that the suit needs to be over 500 bucks and those tailors are used to whipping them into shape within 1 day or 2

Raychel
03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Should be a great time, I hope you can find her a suit that she is happy with in time.
With any kind of luck I may see you there. :thumbsup:

Talisker
03-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Hmmm - hard to argue with that request given the circumstances... but does seem a waste of money if she is not going to get some pleasure from wearing it.
If your going the full monty maybe you should insist on bushy brows and facial hair to complete the look.

sanderlay
03-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Yep! Absolutely! Makes perfect sense to me.

She does deserve a new suit if possible. But second hand stores can also be a great resource and an alternative that's easy on the budget.

Great story and thanks for sharing. :)

Rachelakld
03-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Suit is equal to a ball gown in my book.
I'd let mine have a suit if I could have a ball gown :)

DebbieL
03-23-2014, 06:50 PM
My wife enjoys dressing more masculine when I'm more feminine, but after the original novelty wore off, she started dressing more androgynous. If I wore a skirt and heels, she would wear leggings, jacket, and boots.

It's rare that we both wear dresses to the same event.

However, now that she has lost over 100 lbs (for medical reasons), she has enjoyed dressing a bit more fashion forward, though still not as feminine as I like to dress. She also like to keep her hair very short, usually less than an inch long everywhere, often less than half that. She likes being able to wash her hair easily. She has always been blessed with clear skin, so she rarely wears make-up.

She helps me with my wardrobe as well. There is an ongoing conversation about skirt or dress length. I like skirts just slightly above my knee in front, but she keeps checking the back seeing that my large round tush has pushed the rear hem to mid-thigh. It can be a bit awkward at times. I'm planning to get some skirts or dresses that are longer in the back than the front, so I don't have that problem. My legs look great from the front, and not too bad from the back either.

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi MM , It sounds like the tables have been turned on you.

Beverley Sims
03-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Well, no grumbling now, she accepts you... Doesn't she?

mechamoose
03-24-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm delighted that she spoke up about wanting the suit. I'm only grumbling because the event is a week away and we'd have to scramble to get that done for next weekend.

I'm didn't think she could drop by a Men's Warehouse and have it properly tailored, and I didn't know if she wanted a binder (she has big breasts - E cup).

As far as 'the full monty', I'm going in a full dress & heels, jewelry and 'appropriate' makeup.. but my beard is staying firmly in place.. so she doesn't need one :)

- MM

Rachel292
03-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Hmmm - hard to argue with that request given the circumstances... but does seem a waste of money if she is not going to get some pleasure from wearing it.
If your going the full monty maybe you should insist on bushy brows and facial hair to complete the look.

Is it a 2 piece or a 3 piece with a waistcoat?
Don't forget the rest of the outfit: Underpants, plain shoes, socks, shirt and tie - if shes going to wear a men's suit it's only sensible to complete the outfit.
I hope you have a really good time, enjoy yourselves.

mechamoose
03-24-2014, 05:42 AM
She is a guy as much as I'm a girl. She wears guy clothes or guy equivalent clothes at home all the time, and wears pants & nice tops to work. She owns a couple of skirts (and stolen one or two of mine) but rarely wears them. She rarely does makeup, and does minimal jewelry.

But if I'm going to have her on my arm while I'm in a dress, I want her to look nice!

Sadly for our bank account, we have had some very active discussions about Mr. Finch's wardrobe from 'Person of Interest'. We regularly pause the show to review his outfits, discussing fabrics, color & pattern mixes, etc. So, I don't think she will be looking for a generic business suit.

- MM

Sharon B.
03-24-2014, 05:58 AM
Seems only fair you in a dress and her in a suit.

Di
03-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Just go and have her fitted for a tux. Lots of diff types and she could wear something she likes and not put all the expense right now.

Kelly DeWinter
03-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Oh my gosh, what an opportunity. Go to goodwill or salvation army. You can get a great suit there and have it tailored. and you wont be paying anywhere near retail price.

franlee
03-24-2014, 05:11 PM
What's the problem? I would be elated with this situation. It will be a great experience and if you have never role reversed before it will be a learning exp. too! Just go do it like you would have except now you have the ultimate support system, each can assist the other if need be. Maybe this will be a beginning for many more adventures.

mechamoose
03-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Ok.. I talked to her some more tonight about posting our exchange and the supportive cries of "Get that woman a suit!", and find I misread her a bit

Her: "Actually, I like more of Mr Reese's suits" (Also Person of Interest)

MUCH easier to do :) I have things in motion.

I guess I was projecting MY enjoyment of Mr Finch's suits! He dresses very nice.

Mr. Finch's Wardrobe (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&authuser=0&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=632&q=mr+finch+person+of+interest+wiki&oq=mr+finch+per&gs_l=img.1.1.0j0i24.1475.5051.0.7675.12.9.0.3.3.0. 129.705.8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.37.img..0.12.721.XCVG azBxc5c#authuser=0&hl=en&q=mr+finch+wardrobe+person+of+interest&tbm=isch).

- MM