PDA

View Full Version : moments in front of friends

luca
03-24-2014, 09:46 PM
In the last few months I have had a couple of small cding experiences in front of two different friends (besides my best friend Greenie of course).

The first was when my SO and her best friend (also a good friend of mine who has been very supportive of us in this) were at the house in the middle of winter. I was at the local laundromat finishing the clothes decided to take my SO up on a dare she had previously given me (to go into a store and get my own pair of lady jeans without having her there to help me). So before coming back home between loads, I stopped into the goodwill next door and went through a few pairs until I found one that fit well. Bought 'em, went home. While waiting to go back and pick up the rest of the laundry I told greenie in front of the friend what I bought. While I was gone, they checked out the jeans to see if I made a sensible purchase on my own (I did). When I came back home again, I slipped into the bedroom and put on my new feminine jeans and came back out to see if either noticed. Both eventually did and ultimately made no big deal.

Flash forward to last night. Greenie had made me my birthday cake an we invited a good friend of mine over. We hung out for a while and eventually greenie went to bed. The friend was showing me a new video game an I asked if I could show him my new pair of heels. He said that he didn't care. So I grabbed them, put them on, and showed them. He said he didn't understand how anyone could wear them, shrugged, then went back to the game. Later in the night he forgot I was wearing them and when he noticed that I was still wearing high heels he simply said, it's amazing how nonplussed I can be about most things. At the end of the night I asked if in the future (far away) if he would care if we went out somewhere a little ways from home and I was dressed. He shrugged and said that he still wouldn't care. (Now I asked more out of curiosity really to see what his comfort level was).

Now the point of all of this was that I didn't really realise how much of a little victory these moments were. To wear something in front of others and it just not really matter. And to have support from those friends (as well as all the support my SO continues to give).

Dawn cd
03-24-2014, 10:29 PM
I thought it was cool he said he didn't know "how" you could wear them. He didn't mention "why."

Felicia Dee
03-25-2014, 06:58 AM
That's awesome! Go you! :)

Beverley Sims
03-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Luca,
being aware of your situation I say it is great that you have had acceptance, remember one day there will be a dissenter out there.

Sorry to be a damp squid, do enjoy what you do and maintain the confidence.

luca
03-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks Bev :), it's not lost on me that both situations could have gone south for me. I know that despite support some people just can't get past actually seeing a man in feminine clothing.

And Dawn, it was pretty cool how that little moment played out. He literally meant how could anyone (man, woman, or child) physically wear those. Otherwise, he couldn't care what people do!

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Luca, The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.

Sissy_Michelle
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Luca, those are great moments, with true friends. You're so lucky. A lot of folks take for granted that they can "dress" everyday in every situation and not have the little victories that even the simplest victory of underdressing is quite an accomplishment. Relish these times with your friends and most importantly have fun!

Sally
@--}----

Mz Jenna J.
03-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a great victory if you ask me! I had my small victory this past Halloween at my friends party. I had come out to her about my dressing prior to to Halloween and she said I should dress up for it. She did my makeup and I had a nice but slightly sexy outfit picked out. When people started to arrive they had no idea it was me at first! It was a great feeling. Throughout the night I got a lot of compliments and was told I make a great looking woman! A small step and a victory as well!:)