PDA

View Full Version : The hardest 10 feet

njcddresser
03-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Just about to walk out the door for a day enfemme shopping.

The hardest 10' feet is from the garage to the car. Sure hope none of the neighbors are lurking!

Sarasometimes
03-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Jackie,
I come and go en male just for that reason. I will wear women's jeans, maybe pants, the tops and such if under a coat and the shoes if they can pass either way. If I'm wearing a skirt or dress that day I either change near my destination in my car of hike it up under my coat while wearing sweat pants and then make the adjustment from my car.
Others may scoff at these steps but I'm ok with doing them. I hope you don't have the perverbial nosy neighbor like I do.

dana digs sweaters
03-25-2014, 09:17 AM
They are all watching you ;)
So are the men driving in cars around you to check out the chica they see.
Step lively. Walk proud. Enjoy the day as the woman you are :)

Krisi
03-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Yes, getting away from those who know you is important if you don't want to be known as a crossdresser. It's like toothpaste, very difficult to put back in the tube.

Like Sarasometimes, I wear what I can get away with and finish in the car somewhere, usually in a large parking lot but away from the stores and most of the cars. Same thing when changing back.

GretchenJ
03-25-2014, 09:23 AM
I perform the exact same thing as Sara , so from the neck up I look like my male self. Leave with sunglasses to hide the eye makeup. Half way to my destination, apply lipstick and wig, reverse the order when income back home

Teresa
03-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi Jackie,
What a brilliant idea I had to link all the exterior front house lights to one PIR controller and no off switch, as soon as you step outside the front door it's like being on stage. Maybe a CDer at the front door would discourage more burglars than security lights !

celeste26
03-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes I guess that is the life of someone who is a secret cross dresser. Who has something to lose and who tries hard to avoid embarrassment.

But there are some here who are no longer secret cross dressers, who have little to lose and who find there really is little to be embarrassed about.

In my 60+ yrs, I have never been confronted, have told my wife before we married and all the kids (and grandkids too.) I have little to lose, thanks to simple cautions and I travel all around town doing my business nobody says anything mean to me.

Being scared is entirely within a person's own brain, get over it.

Jaylyn
03-25-2014, 09:39 AM
That's what I like about living in the country neighbors are a long ways apart. I do go out side sometimes dressed to feed the animals or to change water on the yard. I can see any one coming a ways off so have time to get hidden if need be. I dress sometimes and sit on back porch and not have to worry. Now if I ever was caught out in the small town close by would be bad.... Lol

heellover
03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm not out and about that often..but I could really care less what the neighbors think! The half dozen times or so I have been out I just strut to my car like nothing is any different than usual and don't real care who sees me. They are only the neighbors!

I'm not out to the whole world, but I am to few others that live in the same house, wife and mom and really whats the worst a neighbor is going to do....tell them something they already know??? I personally think the embarrassment factor is on them and not you if they try and ask about seeing you dressed!

Just my thoughts!
Natasha

Nadine Spirit
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Being scared is entirely within a person's own brain, get over it.

What brilliant advice.

About ten years ago I moved to a small town, about 1000 people, and everyone told me it is the sort of small place where everyone knows everyone else's business. I decided to face my fears and come and go from my own house dressed in either mode. My neighbors have seen me, and I wave, and they wave. Regardless of how I am dressed. And nobody has ever treated me any differently. I have not been tarred and feathered. No pitchforks. No screaming babies. Nothing. Just a wave and a wave back. How frightening! :)

Sarasometimes
03-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Glad that worked out for you Celeste. I didn't know you were so very familiar with my circumstances to reply as an expert but thanks for sharing the view from your little corner of the world.

Debra Russell
03-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Usually people see what they want to - if it walks like a duck...ect....so unless you present yourself as a spectal don't worry they will all acknowledge in there mind - a lady is in their midst.....Enjoy.......................Debra

Lorileah
03-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Just a question ma'am before I go...do you watch your neighbors come and go? That would be a very creepy neighborhood.

Katey888
03-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Lori, are you kidding? Our neighbour across from us is a retired widow... she knows every vehicle and personnel movement in the close!

I'm pretty sure she knows what we have for dinner each day...

I can fully comprehend, Jackie, what that would be like - and while I personally don't care what our neighbours opinion actually is, I can also understand how some folk would prefer that they didn't know, what they don't actually need to know.

Hope your shopping was fun!

Katey x

Beverley Sims
03-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Curiosity killed the cat.
Apoplexy just might be what your nosey neighbours need. :)

mickey4353
03-25-2014, 02:16 PM
when i dress i get a nervous wrecjk walking to car

jessica33
03-25-2014, 03:59 PM
I have the same problem as you , nj . My neighbor across the street is always out in front smoking . I do the makeup at home (without the lip stick on ) and bring the clothes to change in the car at a parking lot . I have been lucky so far not run into any neighbors in the local mall .

BLUE ORCHID
03-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi Jackie, Some people are full time lurkers.

Kate Simmons
03-26-2014, 08:10 AM
That's easy for me Hon. The hardest 10 feet for myself is dragging my carcass out of bed in the morning.:)

Krisi
03-26-2014, 08:52 AM
It's easy to say that being scared is entirely within a person's own brain, but for many of us, we have jobs and social relationships to consider as well as other family members.

If your wife doesn't know you crossdress or if she does and it's OK as long as it's kept secret from others, is it fear that keeps you inside or respect for your wife's feelings?

If you are the preacher at the local Baptist church, crossdressing is probably something you don't want anyone to know about.

As for neighbors, you never know who is watching at any given time. Your neighbor may not sit at the window 24/7 observing your house but we all notice things. I could stand in my driveway and hit at least five different houses with a baseball.

My point is, we all live different lives and face different situations. There's no "one size fits all" here. Keeping your dressing secret from your neighbors does not make you a second class crossdresser and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Krististeph
03-26-2014, 11:17 AM
I actually liked this kind of thing to a degree: It requires planning, perseverance, and patience. These things I associate with being female- a majority feminine trait.

Most times I would walk around the subdivision / neighborhood, late at night. It feels daring and vulnerable, some modicum of a GG doing the same thing.

Then I would run. Wearing female (but not overtly) stuff, I would take to running long distances en femme athletic. Summer was the hardest- i usually wore a 2 piece sport bikini with shorts in top, and starting off with a cap-sleeve t-shirt. .5 to 3 hours.

I got a few harassments, but they were always directed as if i was female. Scary but SO much fun.