PDA

View Full Version : Better to be smooth always, or rarely?

Sedona
01-11-2006, 01:23 AM
What I mean by this is:

Seems like when I keep my hair off continuously for a few weeks, the great feeling fades. Sure, smooth legs (and everything else) feels wonderful after four weeks, but for me, it's not nearly as magically luxurious as the first fresh shave/wax/nair.. If I go several hairy months (I don't mind it too much), then de-hair, wowwie, does it feel great, and always better than in subsequent shavings.

I kind of think of this as being like that first great piece of pecan pie I have each holiday season. I always have a second (and maybe a third) slice trying to rediscover that great taste of the first, but it's never as good.

Anybody else?

Shiny
01-11-2006, 01:36 AM
I understand that! Always wondered if anyone else realized that. I have noticed it with the clothes lately and have been doing the whole bit 24/7 for a couple weeks except for going out to the store and grabbing my mail at the box. Nightgowns at night on satin sheets and dresses or skirts and blouses during the day. The constant overload desensitizes the system. I studied this in college and it seems that when the pleasure centers of the brain are stimulated releasing either dopamine or seretonin and other substances the constant stimulation puts you into overload. It's a bit analogous to kids playing destructive video games. The more they play violent video games the less real violence seems to bother them. It's what I have heard anyway. Interesting.

Lissa Stevens
01-11-2006, 08:33 AM
My legs have been hairless for 3 years now and I couldn't stand it any other way. I still love the feeling and I imagine I always will. I don't shave anymore. I use the Braun Silk Eplilator. It keeps me hair free for up to 2 weeks, whereas I used to have to shave every other day.

TGMarla
01-11-2006, 08:42 AM
It's the classic Law of Diminishing Returns. It's never wrong. You have a choice: Either enjoy being smooth all the time, with all that that brings, and get used to it, or get hairy and enjoy a little pleasureable sensory overload once in a while.

Phyliss
01-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I know I'm "the new kid" here but, I'd like to add my .02 cents, I say smooth always.

I'd been shaving my legs and between them for quite a few years, finally this past July i got up the courage to go for the full "thing" and got waxed from my nose to my toes. Except for the lower part of my arms, which isn't too fuzzy anyhow, I'm smooth all over. Been going back every six weeks for a rewax. The lady I see Ch.... by name is a true professional about everything. She made me feel quite comfortable right from the start.

I really like the smooth feeling, even though as some have said that the "initial" feeling isn't there it still feels good to hairless.

leia
01-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I use nair once a month and touch up with my cute pink razor ever week. this is going on 31years and I am a fishing guide no one ever said any thing about not having hair .but then I have wore panties 24/7 since 75 and havent owned a pair of mens jeans or shorts since then either also have slept in a gown that long. no one ever said any thing about my clothes either

Olivia
01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I usually shave my body and legs every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes, it's more frequent than that. But, if I don't shave regularly, I start feeling a bit "antsy" I guess. I like to be as smooth as possible and that darn stubble just ruins it for me. My shaving routine adds about 20-25 minutes to my shower time but damn, it's so worth it, IMHO. In fact, I'd even call it a compulsion to be hairless. Once I experienced getting rid of my considerable body hair, I was hooked. Now, I am driven to maintain that look and feel. Oh, and btw, my wife does my back at a bit longer intervals. She uses my hair trimmer first and then finishes with an electric razor. She does often admit that she misses the "old hairy me". I just laugh and tell her that I don't and that she had 30 years to enjoy that Sasquatch look. Sorry, that is gone forever. Good riddance too! O

Darlena
01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
There is no sensation like slipping into a new pair of nylons (heels too) after just shaving my legs. Oooh! Feels Sooo nice ! The hosiery just glides along the skin as I sashay about the room. I only shave below the neck once a week tops. I think due to some genetic mishap that made me nearly bereft of male type hair down amongst the trunk region. I was once ashamed in my gym class to shower with the rest because I only possessed mere wisps of pubescent follicle developement. And, finally at 54 yr.s I understand...I was meant to be like this and that it is a blessing and not a curse. But I still have to shave. The downside being...it consists of downy-like peach fuzz. Won't stand up to a razor. Therefore it is sometimes difficult to shave. But I wouldn't have it otherwise. I love being a girl! Kisses,

steph so 1999
01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Be smooth every dat.It's a matter of personal discipline.If I want to deconstuct the male side of me,then,I have to be be affirmative in the constuction of the female self.

NikiRayne
01-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I have to shave almost daily but I think it is well worth it:)

Melinda G
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I agree with the first post. I let the hair grow out from time to time, for doctor visits usually. I'd rather not be embarrassed. But it does feel better when I haven't done it for a while. And it's a lot of work and time to keep it shaved all the time. It's much more enjoyable, and a much bigger deal to do it once in a while. Like anything else, when you do it all the time, you get used to it, and the thrill subsides.

Wendy me
01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
i shave all the time and now if i start to get just a little stubble i can't deal with it at all .....grow all hairy again never...........

JocelynG
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I prefer to be cleanly shaven all the time instead. I haven't allowed my legs to get too hairy for over a year now.But if thats what you like there is nothing wrong with it

Jeannie9
01-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Ah the love of being hairless. I've been fortunate to have my underarms and legs treated by laser hair removal. The joy of not having to shave and just see and feel hairless skin is divine. Next will be the upper body.

For those of you who are good candidate for LHR and have the money I say go for it! The pleasure of smooth skin is exquisite.

Jeannie

Amanduhrob
01-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm required to stay clean. No hair for this girl.

Billie1
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
... since I've let body hair grow back. Once a week, I shave all my body hair from the eyebrows down. (The eyebrows are a whole 'nother story!) And, I'll tell you, about the middle of the week, the stubble gets to be quite bothersome. I can't wait for that smooth feeling right after "cleaning up".
The feeling of nylon, satin and lace over totally smooth skin never ceases to push all the right buttons. Even though it's once (or sometimes, twice) a week, the sensation never loses it's 'luster'.
(Pun intended!)

KateW
01-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I have been removing my body hair for the past two years - shaving for the most part, or using an epilator when I'm feeling brave. I always get a rash when I shave my bikini line though, so any tips on avoiding that would be greatly appreciated!

Kate

xxxx