PDA

View Full Version : Had dressing, video session, forgot to wash face, went to library!

Alice Torn
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Old age, or whatever. Instead of meeting the admirer i told off, I had my own dressing and video session, last night, then again this morning. Put everything away nicely, put on my coat, and rode here ,at the library. Was at the computer 5 minutes or so, when two other guys got on other computers. I sensed somethng, then it hit me. I did not wash face! I wet my lips, and rubbed them on my shirt a few times, then quietly headed to the washroom, and there were my eyebrows, mascara, and some lipstick. Scrubbed up good, and went back. Only a few looks when i came in. Forgetfulness can get us into all kinds of trouble.

Jenelle
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh yes, I can relate. I work from home and many days I will put on some make up (eye shadow, liner, mascara and a neutral shade lip stick) just because I can. It is almost like second nature at this point. Many times I will venture out to the corner store to get something forgetting I am wearing makeup. Luckily I always spot it when looking in the rear view mirror but by then I am already on my way. Also luckily I always keep an extra pair of sunglasses in the car. So I just put those on and head into the store. A lot of time (because it is mid morning and not very sunny out) one of the guys at the store will ask "Rough night?" I always replace "Yeah, way too much good beer last night." I am pretty sure they all think I am an alcoholic. :D

PaulaQ
03-25-2014, 02:59 PM
This isn't the first time this has happened to you Alice. Are you certain some part of you isn't trying to get caught?

Beverley Sims
03-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Alice,
You do have to take more care.

Alice Torn
03-25-2014, 04:00 PM
No, I do not want to get caught. i have many things on my mind, and i do have some mental illness.

Alice Torn
03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Just sharing. I am one who has always been pretty open about my faults, and mistakes. That is a fault i have. A wise old man on the radio for 55 years, asks, "Have you noticed, that you can give advice, and solve everyone else's problems, but not your own?" Human nature in a nutshell.

PaulaQ
03-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Just asking hon - no offense intended. I've seen others who were unhappy sometimes unconsciously sabotage themselves. Glad that isn't the case with you. Do be careful hon, you really don't want to be outed in that awful little town you live in.

Megan Thomas
03-25-2014, 04:54 PM
This isn't the first time this has happened to you Alice. Are you certain some part of you isn't trying to get caught?

I have to admit my initial thought was exactly the same as yours Paula. However, we must accept the OP's explanation regardless, as we are not them. All I would say is whether intentional or not, exposure in this way generally rarely ends well and for that reason alone you should have a mirror on the back of your front door so you can check yourself before stepping through it into the world.

Annaliese
03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
That's how I got caught, come home from a conference, had dress the night before, few home, and when got off the plane, my wife ask me if I had make up on, I open up to her, she ask me if I had any other clothes, yes, she said bring them home she has been tolerant, accepting.

Chardonnay Merlot
03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm like that regardless of which gender I present myself. People are crazy out here these days

Alice Torn
03-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Paula, you may be right. I think in me, andmany ofus, there is a subcoscious place that wants the attention of being caught.