PDA

View Full Version : Depressed?

Sometimes Steffi
03-25-2014, 05:14 PM
My wife thinks I'm depressed.

To make a long story short, she asked me, "When was the last time that you [meaning me] smiled?"

I was about to tell her, "It was the last time I wore a dress", but that would be a violation of DADT.

It's really too bad that she doesn't want to meet Steffi! Steffi is so much fun.

Melissa in SE Tn
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Maybe she would truly understand & accept that dressing makes you happy? Sending you a smile from Tennessee. Peace, mel

Rachael Leigh
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Steffi I feel for you hon. I too having some wife issues related to my dressing. For now I've even stored my clothes in the attic and am trying to decide if I will let go of this part to save the marriage

Katey888
03-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Steffi - I'm so sorry, I know just how you feel...

No DADT even for me though, and I'm quite smiley in boy mode too, but it doesn't stop me feeling, or being depressed...

Maybe try to let a little sanitised Steffi leak through into the dull world? I don't mean that to sound patronising - I know it's difficult having the two partitioned halves of one's life - perhaps just finding something that's a part of who Steffi is? It might be seen by some as dishonest - taking that part of you into an environment she's not supposed to go... But if it helps - I say use it... Even if you're just thinking it and it helps you - maybe it would help initiate a wry smile every now and then..

I know Katey has that effect on me... :D

Katey x

Steph_CD_62
03-25-2014, 07:33 PM
I am lucky enough to have a wife that does support me, however she would be happier if I stopped dressing.

But my wife has noticed if I haven't dressed for awhile, I seem sad/depressed.

MissTee
03-25-2014, 07:41 PM
I wish it could be different for you, Steffi. My wife, too, notices the signs of a declining outlook and comments on my demeanor as well as no smiles. Then she clears the way for us to have a girls night as she knows that's what I need. Never fails to work.

kimdl93
03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Your wife opened the door for conversation. She did ask....

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Hi Steffi, It takes a lot less facial muscles to smile than it does to frown.

Rachelakld
03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear about that Steffi.
My wife tells me to get dressed and out when I get to that stage.

Genny B
03-25-2014, 08:52 PM
That's a shame Steffi! Sorry to hear! Thought you were going to the gathering in PA? We may just have to do something about this!

Genny B

heatherdress
03-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Life is too short. Maybe you need to consider changes which will provide happiness. Difficult, but....

Good luck Steffi.

Teresa
03-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Hi Steffi,
Do you need all of Steffi or does a bit of under dressing give you a lift ? Teresa is my fun side she can laugh at herself and make others laugh given the chance but it's never going to happen ! I do feel part of me is always going to be a stranger to family and friends.

Beverley Sims
03-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Steffi is fun for you, but not your wife.

Somewhere you have to learn to share joy around.

Do try and not be so down and out when Steffi can not be around.

Ressie
03-26-2014, 08:23 AM
Emotions are mostly a result of what you're thinking about. Boredom and worry can turn into depression. I was very depressed living with my ex-wife.

Joanne f
03-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Hello Steffi,
it sounds like your wife is concerned about you, she knows something is wrong , I know you say you have a DADT situation but at least that means she knows about you so it may be worth just taking a chance and say something like " I am having a job to cope with the situation that I am in " that will let her know without directly mentioning it so she may say something about it although that still means it could be good or bad news for you .