PDA

View Full Version : Helo Ladies.

Alice Joyce
03-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Being able to chat with you Girls is just one of the nicest things to happen in my life. I sincerely mean this. I have replied to some posts today.....PLEASE TELL ME, is it considered rude not replying to you all....I truly hope not.........ALL that I read from you Girls brings happiness into my life. I do not have anyone who understands or accepts me being Alice. It is SO nice to be here.

Warm Thoughts
Alice

Katey888
03-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Hi again Alice...

Firstly, let me say how nice it is to have some good, old-fashioned politeness from someone new to the forum, prepared to ask about posting etiquette and clearly being very happy here... :) Perhaps we should prep something for newbies on posting etiquette...? Let me think about that.. :D

You certainly don't have to contribute or reply to every post - this isn't a competition, although I'm not sure everyone thinks that way... If you read something and feel like you have an opinion to share, an experience to add, something that brings a little extra to the conversation - then feel free to add what you will. It doesn't have to be grammatically correct and have perfect spelling - as long as it's understandable and keeps within the forum rules (that are actually quite liberal but some specific subjects are not allowed) and isn't just a smart-*ss one-liner like: "Yeah - I agree with everyone..." :facepalm: - then you're contributing to the discussion and adding another perspective.

When you've made a few more posts and get to the magic 10 :yahoo:, there are other areas that will be automatically accessible that I'm sure you'll find interesting as well - plenty to read in Shopping & Beauty, Media, pics to see in The Gallery... much, much more - so keep posting Alice, keep contributing... And one day perhaps you'll feel like sharing a little more of your own story with us.. Because we do understand what it's like - we all know intimately - and your acceptance here is unconditional (as long as you don't break any forum rules.. :devil:) - you're amongst friends. :)

Katey x

BLUE ORCHID
03-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Alice, From a half a world away Baltimore Md. Mid Atlantic USA.

Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home with your friends.
I feel if I have something nice to say I will reply if not I don't reply.

Beverley Sims
03-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Alice,
Looks like Melbourne is still there,
I haven't been there for over twenty years.

I am pleased to see that this forum brings so much joy into your life.

You only need to reply if there is something that interests you or you have a question that needs answering.

No question is considered stupid although if you read through the posts you will find the same question cropping up in a different guise from time to time.

Have a nice stay with us..... :)

Davina4587
03-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Hi Alice and a warm welcome from the UK

Another newbee here, I can't keep off this forum at the moment because it's it feels so good to have found such a welcoming, safe and friendly place to finally be able to discuss clothes, make up and other cd issues with like minded girls

I have never once been made to feel stupid or embaressed by what I have written

You go for it girl!

Love

Davina
x

Kate Simmons
03-26-2014, 08:03 AM
It's all good Hon. Just remember there are others and not just "ladies" posting here. I usually generally refer to them as folks or friends.:)