PDA

View Full Version : She said I am living in the seventies!

Maria 60
03-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Last night had a few hours to dress and I went to watch TV with my wife and she told me that my slip was showing and when I was going to give up with it, that the slip is a grandmother and 1970s thing. I told her I couldn't remember what I tried on first, the pantyhose or the slip, and remembering when I did see a little lace from the bottom of the hem of a skirt how it drove me crazy and still today how the feeling of slip still drives me crazy. I also told her how a lot of fashion that I used to love has vanished, I told her I remember she would wear pantyhose everyday, and even under pants and the look of feet with black pantyhose, she now doesn't even own a pair of pantyhose, when ever she needs a pair she borrows mine. She said in my little fantasy world Maria is living in the seventies. She could be right

mariehart
03-26-2014, 04:59 AM
That's the beauty of crossdressing. You can be anything you want. Pick your time period and dress accordingly. I fondly remember the clothes back then. As for your slip showing. I remember that was the fashion at one point. Long skirts with a fake slip showing.

Shari
03-26-2014, 05:56 AM
There was nothing wrong with the 70's, especially when it came to women's fashion and femininity.
It wasn't broke. Why did they have to "fix" it?

Anna H
03-26-2014, 06:12 AM
The 70's were Great! Still some glam going on and people loved to dress
nice for the discos. Hell, they wouldn't allow me in if i wasn't dressed
sharp. NO jeans allowed.

I wish I had some of the dresses I saw back then. Very-Very feminine
clothes in the 70's.

Big hair...I sure miss that too.

:)

BLUE ORCHID
03-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Hi Maria, They can have my slips when they cut it off my cold dead body.
I love living in the 50s' and the 60s'.

Kate Simmons
03-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Time warps don't really mean anything when one is a CDer. :battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
03-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Me,
I live in Noddy Land.

Like 50s and 60s fashion myself.

Teresa
03-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Hi Maria,
Just picking up on your last comments saying what your wife doesn't wear any more, I think I've worn a skirt more than my wife for at least two years and certainly worn stockings and suspenders than she has in her lifetime, she's down to three slips and I have about twenty. I keep telling her how much money we could save if we shared more.

Mollyanne
03-26-2014, 08:09 AM
If wearing a slip, pantyhose, skirts or any other "outdated" piece of feminine clothing shows my age , SO BE IT!!!!!! I wear them because I like to and I feel VERY comfortable. Should you feel the same way, keep doin' what your doin'!!!!!!

Molly

Krisi
03-26-2014, 09:04 AM
If your wife is honestly trying to offer advice on dressing like a woman, I would take her advice and do as she suggests. Many of us would kill for that help.

Alice Torn
03-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Change and progress are not always good, nor progress. I think we have been in a new dark age in clothes and fashion, for 30 years.

Meg East
03-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Given the number of slips I own I must be stuck in the sixties and seventies. I don't remember the last time my wife wore a half and a skirt. Last weekend she had a hellava time finding a pair of pantyhose for a show in Seattle.

Robbin_Sinclair
03-26-2014, 12:20 PM
My black slip is go to fem for me, regardless of where I am.

That's my outfit now, with ballet slippers and a silky top that I made. Cool, feels good and plenty of freedom. I came of age in the 60s and still feel most attracted to that look.

Bring on the retro! :hugs:

Jacqueline Ersatz
03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Nice that so many of you have wives with which to share slips!

Christyheely
03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
I agree that we should dress as we like but I disagree that we are in the dark ages. I tend to have more classic pieces and a few trendy ones as I like to fit in out in public and I think I do it well. My wife thinks I do anyway and she always looks amazing.

Katey888
03-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Nothing wrong with the seventies or the eighties in my book...

I think we're influenced by periods that have a big impact on our development... for me, GFs principally... :D

There were some fashion catastrophes around but that's true of every era, isn't it...?

Go with what makes you happy - some fashions today leave me aground, high and dry...

Katey x

Heather1129
03-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Well I guess you should go shopping and buy a shorter slip.

Heather

Anna H
03-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks Heather...I will.

Oh! That wasn't for me! I'm going to take your advice, anyway!

LOL!

Jaylyn
03-26-2014, 01:11 PM
I then must be living in the sixties and early fifties as I remember the girdles with hose clips and the full length girdles and bras all in one. Usually all white. The they would put the slip on over those.... I know a lot of us have early life syndrome. We all have those flash backs and I think some of that drives us CDs.

Sharon B.
03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
That's when I grew up and I enjoy wearing a slip also, on some dresses you need a slip. With today's women they don't wear dresses that much so I guess they don't know what a slip is suppose to do.

gennee
03-26-2014, 01:33 PM
I like many styles, especially the styles of the '40s and '50s.

:)

Maria 60
03-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi Maria, They can have my slips when they cut it off my cold dead body.
I love living in the 50s' and the 60s'.

WOW! Well worded. The way my wife was talking I thought I was the last person wearing and in love with slips. By your response, boy was I wrong. I miss the slip, it was always like a forbitten view, and yet I think the women always knew a little was showing. Again I loved your response, thanks for making my day.

Jorja
03-26-2014, 02:49 PM
The only thing wrong with the 70s was disco! Thank goodness it died out.

5150 Girl
03-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Well,,, I can't say to much in that I'm stuck in the 80" myself! ;)

Alice Torn
03-26-2014, 03:03 PM
A new dark age ws a bit of a stetch. There are great clothes around today, if only more people would wear them!

Michelle V
03-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Love the 70s if you can pull it off and enjoy yourself in the process why not!?

Georgina
03-26-2014, 06:47 PM
That just highlights the difference between a woman and a cross dresser. A cross dresser can dress how he likes, a woman dresses how she is told. That also means a cross dresser has a greater choice in clothing.

Sallee
03-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I have known cd's who would dress in 1920's style and some even in the gay nineties style..It was fun for them and it worked I certainly understand he slip thing I don't wear them much but Iuse to and still like them

sanderlay
03-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Being a child of the 1950's & 60's gave me my basic since of clothing that is feminine. Even thought fashion has changed a lot since those times my feminine side still likes, even craves, some basic pieces of feminine clothing, skirts mainly. Without them I'm in uncharted territory. I risk not feeling feminine which is a problem for me.

But a full slip is one of those basic pieces for me. In the summer I have experimented not wearing one for comfort reasons. I'll change to cotton under top and a half slip for some skirts. But I have noticed the half slip some times slips down, like my skirt. So that can be a problem and needs to be monitored. But in cooler weather it feels warmer and I like the feel of a full slip. No slipping down, your clothes stay cleaner and of course it protects modesty.

A lot of skirts, and dresses, today are shorter than I like. I prefer a midi length, just below the knee. A slips length was supposed to be 2-3 inches higher then the dress or skirt that was worn. My memory of slip rules was they would never be seen, at least in the past. It was like a second skirt to protect your modesty in case the wind blew up your skirt so we never see what we should not see. So the slip peaking out would be a very rare event and not a common event. Intentionally flashing a slip is generally not a good idea as it can send the wrong signal and cause unwanted attention.

Bubblegum
03-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm a girl and I dress how I please. People should dress how they want, screw what fashion is 'in' or 'out'. Sometimes I like dressing in ways that make my family snicker. I have more than a few polka dotted dreses and rockabilly stuff, and my men's fashion tends to be semi-formal and 1960s. I adore the 70s and style my fashion a lot from it.

Adriana Moretti
03-26-2014, 08:03 PM
yea...wear what makes you happy.....

Robin777
03-26-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm another one that loves slips and have a huge slip collection. I always wear a slip with a dress. So I must live in the 70's also.

alwayshave
03-26-2014, 08:46 PM
While I was born during the Kennedy administration, my choice in clothes is most definitely from the 50s. My fiancee turns on I Love Lucy several mornings a week and the clothes Lucy wears are exactly what I'd prefer wear. As to slips, it was the first piece of fem clothing my fiancee saw me in, and I love them. She does not wear them normally, but I have only seen her in pants on a few occasions in 8 years..

franlee
03-26-2014, 09:01 PM
The decades came and went and each had it's own fashion statement, I to adore the dresses from the fifties like Lucy and Ms. Clever, then I have the same for the sixties that with the Helen Crump and on the other side Mod styles coming in back then. But the 70's is when I started CDing and the sexy styles were unlike any other. The 80's were great with the shoulder pads and big Hair carrying over to the nineties with more of a refined style and better fabrics. And then the Y2K's I think was just a blend of the 70's and 90's that so far hasn't changed. I would prefer to live(dress) in the 70's and have made that my dominate style factor but I do enjoy all of them. I would luv to have access to real clothes from the 40' to try, the WW2 styles were so feminine and proper even with the hardships of the times. All the lingerie from each decade is great and sensuous it is a shame that so much is being skipped or omitted now. The more silk and satin the better, nylon is great to!

PattiAllison
03-26-2014, 10:52 PM
I love to wear slips, skirts and pantihose! I feel more feminine in a skirt or dress and maybe some GG's will be inspired by us girls to look more feminine and enjoy it!

StarrOfDelite
03-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Pantyhose are actually making a comeback. Thanks in large part to Kate Middleton. I wear them because I have bony/skinny legs with muscles and veins sticking out and they enhance my appearance. If I was a real girl with smooth, undefined legs I wouldn't think they were necessary, and might not wear them. It's as simple as that, and has nothing to do with pre-programmed concepts about what is feminine. I prefer thigh highs, because they are more comfortable, but some dresses and skirts are too short to make them an option.

CynthiaD
03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I love pantyhose and wear them every day. If you like them, wear them.

When I started buying my own clothes, one of the first things I bought was a a slip. This is because when I was in high school my mother caught me with one of her slips. I can still hear her yelling "What are you doing with my slip?" Now, whenever I put on a slip I think to myself "Not your slip, mother. My slip. "

If you like slips, wear them. Proudly.

Stephanie47
03-27-2014, 05:17 PM
I have over 400 slips! Need I say more? My first venture in cross dressing involved slips back in the 1950's.

Jorja
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Over 400 slips? I am convinced, something slipped. :)

SabrinaEmily
03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
I have a few slips (half and full) for skirts and dresses that benefit from them, and because they feel nice.

I don't care much if what I like is out of fashion. Fashion is for those too uncreative to have their own style.

noeleena
03-28-2014, 05:55 AM
Hi,

Georgina,

Im a woman and i dont / wont be told what i can and not wear,

ill style my own clothes and make them to suit myself , i do for our groups any way, most dresser's i see / know of are pretty much in girls clothes and short skirts if not shorter = mini skirts, whats with that, my many women friends are very mature and dress quite lovely and in dress's and skirts,
i have long skirts i wear most of the time, i like them they suit my body shape and size and i can turn around and wear shorts and still look nice, and i think youll find none of us are told what to wear, if we were we'd soon tell them where to go.

...noeleena...

Diedre
03-29-2014, 06:57 AM
I was a young teen and did all my, at the time, very passable dressing in the very early 70's with an older female cousin who found out about my tendencies. Her makeup skills on my younger face were that of an artist.

And, oh how I loved wearing her Marcia Brady style dresses with STW pantyhose. The skirts and dresses back then were all mini length and dying to be worn with pantyhose. It was a fun time to be able to dress. I was very lucky

amc000
03-31-2014, 05:48 AM
Over 400 slips? I am convinced, something slipped. :)

Mee too! And liners... I dress as a 60s-80s biguine, so slips are a must, being covered from neck to below the kneee is a must (winter or summer) and those classic gabardina pleated skirts... Could you imagine it without a slip?

SherriePall
03-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Remember -- Fashion trends seem to have cycles. Something popular 30 years ago may resurface five years from now. Perhaps, not in 100 per cent form, but in some form
As for PH and slips, there is a reason for these items which many women have forgotten about, but as they get older, they are realizing why their mothers and grandmothers (fathers and grandfathers, too?) wore them. We're just on the leading edge of this.

Meg East
03-31-2014, 09:36 AM
It is said women dress for other women, if it is so then cross dressers dress for.....?

The only slips my wife and I find in the laundry hamper belong to me.

natcrys
03-31-2014, 10:09 AM
That's what I love about CD-ing, you wear what you want to wear! And no period is off-limits as far as I'm concerned! :)

I for one, love the power-look of the 80's.. but also the feminine medieval look!

hollybunches
03-31-2014, 11:21 AM
yeah its a shame slips went out of fashion, its like wearing 2 skirts at once. lined skirts are the same and are really nice too.

Tallulah Rose
03-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Well, I'm living in the '30s, so there's no hope for me whatsoever. :heehee:

danny gogo
03-31-2014, 06:11 PM
quite a few rock bands of the 70,s 80,s dressed more fem than masculine..more make up and bigger hair..
i was a fan of sci fi..loved watching penny and judy in lost in space when they re vamped the uniforms to little dresses with pantyhose and boots..star trek..land of the giants..buck rogers..all the girls wore a tiny dress with hose and boots..oh i miss 70,s style

sheilagirl
03-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Oh Yes! They'll steal the heart right out of ya, won't they? I still love 'em, though.
But, don't let 'em get you down. Like many others have said here, "You can be anyone, anywhere, at any time you want.
We all have our favorite things and just think how Lucky we ALL are to be able to truly Experience and Live our feelings.

Melissa in SE Tn
03-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Mini skirts , pantyhose & heels were the feminine norms in the 60's & early 70's . It is a shame that women grew distasteful of wearing pantyhose. Women should know that men love to see them wearing hose. As for me, the joy of wearing hose & a slip is indescribable. Peace, mel