PDA

View Full Version : All or nothing transformations & experiences anyone?

ophelia
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
I love taking my femme self out to play, but for me it seems like I need an "all or nothing experience". What that means is that, because of time and money concerns, I must manage my urge to appear as feminine as possible by planning occasional special days out of town where I pay for the best professional hair and makeup experience I can and then go out shopping, to galleries and restaurants. It seems I must go out. But only partially dressing at home and and doing my own makeup just doesn't do it for me.
Are any other girls like moi?

Ezekiel
03-26-2014, 01:35 PM
If I had the money I would sure go for professional hair and makeup artists from time to time. Not the case though.

ophelia
03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
But is it like a drug? It seems to me I need to get to a higher level of feminine appearance every time. A couple of times the makeup or hair was sub par and I needed a quick hop over to a MAC counter to get it sorted out.

Ezekiel
03-26-2014, 01:48 PM
No not like a drug, would be more like a luxury in my case.

Princess Grandpa
03-26-2014, 01:52 PM
My wife does my make up and styles my wig. She's not a professional but does a marvelous job. It's such am intimate process. Not sure how I would feel having a stranger do it.

We were needing to buy some make up. We planned on going to ulta or Mac and getting a make over. Appear toy this is no longer a complimentary service. /shrug. Spending a couple hundred on make up already I couldn't see dropping another $35-50 each to have them put it on us.

Hug
Rita

ophelia
03-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Yes it is a bummer that MAC doesn't always offer a free touch up.

Ginger Jameson
03-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Do what I did: marry a wonderfully open woman who's been to cosmetology school. :)

CynthiaD
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
When you decide to do something, you might as well jump in with both feet. Go for it!

Adriana Moretti
03-27-2014, 05:54 PM
I can go either way ( kinda like my sexuality) some days I am just too lazy to get all dolled up, so I will dress with minimal makeup, other days its to the nines.

Kevyn53
03-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I paint every so often, and I'm finding that the art flows better enfemme. So every so often my wife comes in and I've got breast forms and a bra on with no wig or makeup. I've also painted with just heels added and drab clothes on. My wife had asked a while back if it was an all or nothing thing, and I started to analyze what I need and when. One day she came by my studio and said, "I came by earlier and you just had boobs, and bow you're a girl!" She has gotten so flexible about my CDing that I realized I should too.

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Ophelia,
It soon grows on you, and you will enjoy every minute.

sherri
03-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I shared a wonderful evening with a friend at the clubs once years ago. She looked great but said at the time that she has the all or nothing attitude too, hair and makeup and the works. All well and good, but the thing is, it's really, really difficult to get her to go out because of that attitude. In fact, I finally gave up and haven't seen her since. It's a shame really. If I waited on perfection I'd never get out. Better, I think, to lighten up and have fun when the opportunity arises.

Sarah Welch
04-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Sherri, are you speaking of me ? If so there might be a slight misunderstanding here, but then again.... a lot of things have changed since we ventured out together.

sherri
04-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Yep, you gurl. I was disappointed our friendship didn't blossom. As for why, I was just working with the info offered. Hope you're doing well.

Sarah Welch
04-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm doing ok I guess. We really oughta touch base and catch up on life and stuff if you would like. A lot has changed since we last spoke as you know. I feel bad that you might think I had a problem with you personally, which is not so. My only problems have been with myself and life in general. I do get a smile when I think about our night out, I really enjoyed it so much and think of it often.

Back to the OP, this used to be true for me also, but time and experience has taught me that just dealing with my gender expression is more about being comfortable in the moment and not obsessing over making sure every last thing is perfect. I had to learn to be more realistic with my own expectations of who I am and what I am trying to accomplish in life. Also being lazy is a bad trait for someone who has perfection in mind when expressing one's gender...lol.

sherri
04-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Back to the OP, this used to be true for me also, but time and experience has taught me that just dealing with my gender expression is more about being comfortable in the moment and not obsessing over making sure every last thing is perfect. I had to learn to be more realistic with my own expectations of who I am and what I am trying to accomplish in life. Also being lazy is a bad trait for someone who has perfection in mind when expressing one's gender...lol.

Yep, sorry, didn't intend to hijack the thread. There was a time when I too might have been a bit of a perfectionist, but one look in the mirror these days lays all that to rest. Nevertheless, I'm still a good time waitin' to happen! Well, most days anyway. ;-P

Jean. Ann
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I think as we do this more welearn to accept ourselves as we are.
I would love to hear from you Sherri.
We talked but never met

Jean Ann

Eryn
04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
I like to present as feminine as possible when I go out, but most real GGs do their own makeup and "transformation" into whatever clothes are demanded by a situation. I prefer the more authentic experience of doing it myself most of the time.

sherri
04-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I think as we do this more welearn to accept ourselves as we are.
I would love to hear from you Sherri.
We talked but never met

Jean AnnThis will probably get modded, but hi Jean Ann. I tried messaging you but you have your profile locked down. Do get in touch.

Jean. Ann
04-05-2014, 07:01 PM
For me CDing is always an all or nothing thing !

Jean Ann

Janine cd
04-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I wish that I could afford the time and money to have a professional makeover. It would be so nice, but doing my own thing will have to suffice.

Lynn Marie
04-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Basic makeup just isn't all that difficult. I don't even like to look around my old pictures. Thankfully we all improve as we continue to go out and interact with others. Sure I'd love a professional makeover, but l'm going to have to continue with what I've got for the near future.

S. Lisa Smith
04-05-2014, 09:13 PM
I am an all or nothing girl. If I can't shave my chest, cover my arms (ie when it gets too warm) I take a break. I always put on full make up when I dress. I just enjoy being fully femmed up and if I can't do it all the way, then I don't. YMMV

MssHyde
04-05-2014, 09:21 PM
for me, it's all out all the way..I have a need to be seen, to experience things as a woman... I don't dress until its out the door.. other then earrings and toe rings and toe nail polish how ever I was thinking about it, almost every ring, earring or neckless I wear is feminine. (both modes)

noeleena
04-06-2014, 04:19 AM
Hi.

All or nothing, Hmmm.well try this, today,

one of my friends comes round with her friend to take me around to have a look at her house if im interested in doing some work on it with another guy . got that sorted, and then home,

oh of cause im working at home doing welding and grinding and work clothes on no makeup or my normal clothes befitting a female, so off we go i do have my earings and neckless on as normal. so i dont think youd say all or nothing,

wether im dressed or not does not bother me in the slightest,

And then later another friend we have known some 11 years pops in only difference is id just finished painting so we head inside, still in work clothes,we allways have a lovely chat about dresser's / trans and and issues people have with those of us who are different,

then after i clean up change clothes to skirt and jumper and head wear lippy eye brow liner and see who's at our Museum for a short while then round the road for a cupper with Judy and Linda close friends. so youll gather i dont do the ,,,all ,,, very rare if i do .

I see the ? of ...i wont to expreance being like a woman..... well you know what its much like today ,

im not all dressed up as some think one has to be and makeup and what ever one needs to look like a woman , i just live it every day all the time there is no other way, no i cant change to male clothes to look like a male, tryed that and failed real quick and those who know me know what i am so no ? there. so im seen in what ever i wear, it does not change peoples perception of who i am,

And that brings up the ? of those who know you and you came out in a skirt and top no makeup flat'e shoe's and a hat on, say a summer hat, would you be embarriast or those who know you, to the point of you have no confidence to do that, , really its about the real who you are as a person, not wether your male or female .

...noeleena...

karyn2000
04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I get fully dolled up when going out and about. Whether its a dress or casual like mini shorts, sparkle top, flip flops with rhinestones, toe rings, polish on nails and toes, full make up..etc..

BLUE ORCHID
04-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Ophelia, It sounds like you are taking it to the next level, And that's great.