PDA

View Full Version : Told my nieces

Tiffanyselkoe
03-26-2014, 09:46 PM
We are visiting family for spring break and my nieces are the only ones I haven't told about Tiffany. My sister said I could dress at her house and we planned a pedicure night with her daughter, my daughter, and my wife and I. This meant telling her daughter. We sat her down and I began telling her about halloween as she has seen these pictures. I heed and hawed not knowing how to come out with it and she came right out and said "you like to crossdress, cool, I want to crossdress too". She is 14 yrs old. We had a fun night and she got to meet Tiffany. She even told me that she thought this was exciting and that I was pretty. Wow. When I told my other sisters daughter the next day she told me she already knew. I guess kids pick up on a lot more than we give them credit for. I feel like I can be the real me with my family. What a wonderful feeling. Hugs!:)

Jilmac
03-26-2014, 10:29 PM
I have known of many cases where teens are much more accepting of us than adults and that speaks volumes for the upcoming generation.

Christyheely
03-26-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm so happy for you. I know how good this feels.

VAWyman
03-26-2014, 10:44 PM
So pleased for you Tiffany.
You go girl!

MsVal
03-27-2014, 08:40 AM
After working up the courage and rehearsing the speech, it must be simultaneously relieving and anticlimactic to hear someone say "Yea, I already knew".

Great story about a great disclosure and wonderful visit.

Best wishes
MsVal

UNDERDRESSER
03-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Way to go Tiffany! Excellent reaction from your family, feels good, doesn't it?
I have known of many cases where teens are much more accepting of us than adults and that speaks volumes for the upcoming generation.Yup, my GF is a mentor to a group of teens, they were having a conversation about gender the other day, and as part of it, she told them "I have a male friend who sometimes wears women's clothes" the response was, "Oh, cool!" which funnily enough was her reaction when I originally told her. At another point in the conversation one of them came out with, "what I have between my legs is nobody's business but me and whoever I choose to sleep with"

mechamoose
03-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Cool! Give that girl every support you can. Your sister has given her a great start!

(My Brother's daughter is a treasure, she is a tomboy & an artist. So cool!)

Invest in your kids!

- MM

dana digs sweaters
03-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Nice story Tiffany. Glad they responded that way.
I am out to my nieces also. Never had to hide my crossdressing since my sisters showed them some of my pics growing up with their mommas.
They are all cool with it also.

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Tiffany,
It is great when you do the big tell, thinking it's a big deal and you find it's no deal at all. :)