PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Fog has rolled in.

Shadeauxmarie
03-27-2014, 01:48 PM
I got a call today offering me a contract job in North Carolina. I've been out of work since December 2013. Almost double the money I was making, and since the previous company forced me into retirement, I will get my pension as well as my medical benefits. The stress relief is incredible, but I now can't wait to move there. My wife is staying home at least until our house is paid for.

The Pink Fog, she is a building.

Megan70
03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Let the pink fog take a positive turn in another direction and have it do more with your exciting new life, opportunity, job, moving, new state... and let everything else be secondary. Clothes and dressing can always wait no matter were you live. Be Happy that this is a new positive life changeNot all of us are that lucky. Go for the golden ring my dear.

dana digs sweaters
03-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Working for twice the money with pension & bennys? You rock girl. Enjoy :)

Katey888
03-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Great result, Marie - a reflection of persistence and recognition of talent I'm sure! :cheer:

Just take care with how thick that Pink Fog gets... Perhaps some fog lights for keeping safe.. :)

Katey x

CynthiaD
03-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Congratulations! Being out of work sucks!

MsVal
03-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Oh, boy, what a great deal.

You can send the mortgage company a bundle of extra money each month and retire the mortgage early. Depending on how many more years you have to go on it, and your interest rate, you stand to save a lot on interest. We did that and managed to pay off the mortgage twice (once + home equity loan for about the same amount as the initial price of the house) in five fewer years than the initial term.

It made living on my pension and the occasional contract really comfortable.

Obligatory CD comment:
Consider eating cheap and spending the difference on feminine stuff.

Best wishes
MsVal

Adriana Moretti
03-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Todays forecast calls for partly sunny skies early with a thick pink fog rolling in this afternoon.......

Shadeauxmarie
03-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Yes, the mortgage will take priority. Second is savings, and third is a new car for me. Mine is a 2008. She's got another couple of years in her. However, the per diem I don't spend, will be dedicated to femmy gear.

Michelle V
03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Brace your self!!!
You may have to rely in your friendly CD forum to at least vent until you find the freedom to dress.

Shadeauxmarie
03-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Well, my wife told me this morning that she wants the closet where I keep my things purged as I move to North Carolina. She said its time for me to grow up. She said that when the contract is up, she would leave me if I brought anything back into the house.

What a downer. The Pink Fog is drying up quickly.

Megan70
03-28-2014, 09:21 AM
What a downer. The Pink Fog is drying up quickly.
Take heed, take it into strong advisement. Don't blow It....this opportunity and take 2 giant leaps backwards.

Beverley Sims
03-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Opportunities don't always come like this.
Accede to your wife's request for the time being and when you have the wherewith all together, then the pink fog can come back.

You do need money to survive.

Melissa in SE Tn
03-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Wow, pink fog meets potential war smoke signals !! You have some decisions to make. You may need some professional guidance . Good luck my friend. Peace. Mel

Felicia Dee
03-28-2014, 04:54 PM
LOL! Awesome! Congrats all around!! :D

Bria
03-28-2014, 05:23 PM
I just checked stock on pink fog lights, they are on back order, so better be careful for now.

Hugs Bria