PDA

View Full Version : I told my sister. Kinda

Gwinnie
03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
She has to go photograph a wedding this weekend and she's worried about it. She's never photographed one before and the bride and groom aren't paying her. I told her to tell them that if they don't like them then they get what they pay for. Anyway, she was showing me different wedding pictures she found and so I found some too from my pintrest board. I have a lot of pics. I sent some that were of models. I told her I thought it was weird that the models always look so angry and hateful. They get to get all dressed up in someone else's dress and get paid for it. I'd be ecstatic if I was them. Her reply was, "Why all the talk suddenly about you wearing dresses? Not judging of course." I chickened out and just said that I had many hobbies. She's very liberal in her thinking, but I have the feeling that if I told her she suddenly wouldn't approve.

Gwendolyn

Chari
03-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Your sister may just be "testing" you to see if you are ready to talk about one of your "many hobbies"! Please be cautious, go slowly, & you pick the time when YOU feel comfortable and confident to let the cat out of the bag. Enjoy.

Erica Grace
03-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Who wouldn't be ecstatic?! I agree with Chari, she may have been testing you. She said she wasn't judging... but who knows how someone will actually take the news when you come out and tell them for real. Proceed slowly, I'm sure if you keep dropping hints like that then the topic will come up again :)

reb.femme
03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Could have been a harsh way to break it to her but your ground is somewhat prepared for the future should you wish to tell. Just refer her back to the question she posed and go from there. Standard caveat though, be prepared for a bad outcome too. Good luck if you do.

dana 1
03-27-2014, 02:46 PM
I told my sister a couple of years ago, it went very very well, oh what a relief, it feels so good, we go shopping all the time.

Gwinnie
03-27-2014, 02:55 PM
It's funny, her style and mine are so far opposite. She likes things that look like they came out of a dumpster in Soviet Russia. I like the most girly and feminine things I can find. I've only told a new people. My wife and a very small number of friends.

Gwendolyn

Rachelakld
03-27-2014, 11:13 PM
I told my sister last year, went really well, she told her husband and kids, also went really well - actually they are all a bit busy living their life to worry about mine.

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Gwinnie,
It sure sounds like it, bit of a shame, hopefully she may think something positive when she is not stressed out about the wedding.

Nikki50/50
04-02-2014, 01:45 AM
You do more damage by dragging it out. The ones you let into that secret, they are going to accept you or not. If they do, great! Win! If not, it sucks. It really does. BUT: It sucks all at once, then you move on. By killing yourself with second guesses, waiting too long, and (of course) those 'almost-did-it' moments (these are the worst in terms of self-inflicted damage) will mess with your head more than you may know.
And doing that damage to yourself for long enough only to have everything turn out OK isn't one of my favorite feelings either. I can't help but look back (Hindsight really is 20/20) and see all the wasted time.