PDA

View Full Version : Any surprises?

RachelCross
03-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Now that I have decided to embrace the girl inside of me I have discovered things about myself I did not realize. I always knew I loved high heels, long hair and nails but what I didn't know was how much I love jewelry, especially earrings and bracelets. I can't stop buying them. I have way more earrings than I'll ever get a chance to wear.:) And bracelets, the funkier the more unique, the better. :D Who knew.
So, my question to you is, did you discover anything like this about yourself once you embraced your inner girl?

Babbs
03-28-2014, 02:35 AM
High Heeled Shoes!

PaulaQ
03-28-2014, 02:46 AM
1. Makeup
2. I'm actually a woman. Shit.

Lynn Marie
03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
My first pair of heels surprised me at how erotic they made me feel. Other revelations included wigs, makeup, and jewelry.

njcddresser
03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
For me it was make up and shoes. Not to say that I don't love the clothes, jewelry and lingerie too though!

Hell on Heels
03-28-2014, 03:01 AM
Hell-o Rachel,
I don't know that any new revelations were made because of my CD'ing.,
But for sure, many things have become more apparent. I've always been the artistic,
creative type, but lately I've found an interest in creative writing, poetry, story telling, possible song lyrics, etc. I have never been interested in this stuff in the past, maybe I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied.
Another activity that is new would be watching chick flicks, sounds strange just reading that, but yeah, I found a few that were really enlightening, and really had me telling myself, "that's exactly what I feel like." Crazy what we can learn about ourselves here
Isn't it!
Much Love,
Kristyn

RachelCross
03-28-2014, 03:03 AM
I love the responses. Paula you literally made me LOL! :) Kristyn, I love to write, maybe embracing the femme side of you released the creative side, after all I think we have to be creative to transform our male self into beautiful creatures! :) It funny to say but I always loved chick flicks. Often times I would go to the movies with a girlfriend and now my wife and be the only male in the place. :)

PaulaQ
03-28-2014, 03:08 AM
Well Rachel, I really do spend too much on makeup! ;) Last time I went to Sephora, I had a friend go with me, and I told her "don't let me buy more than the one thing I came here to buy - I can't spend $250 on makeup I don't absolutely have to have!" I think she carried me out of there, kicking and screaming and slung over her shoulder (she's a big girl!), but I only spent $25.

RachelCross
03-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Actually, I am surprised by how much I love makeup as well. Especially eyeshadow. Only $25 at Sephora, that's pretty good. One of my issue is storing everything in a good hiding spot. I guess if my wife ever discovers the jewelry I can always say they are a Christmas present for her. :)

Kate Simmons
03-28-2014, 03:45 AM
That I had expensive tastes mostly. :)

Jamiegirl1
03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
love everything fem!

adrienner99
03-28-2014, 09:38 AM
My obsession with heels, dresses and makeup was not the surprise, it was the origin. But I did find that when I dress my personality becomes more...giving, maybe gentler and less pressured to feel tough and confrontational--something I was raised to feel as a man...

Debbie W
03-28-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm with you on the earrings -- the spanglier (is that a word?), the better! To me, with the right wig for the shape of one's face, earrings are essential.

carhill2mn
03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
That I enjoy choosing outfits to wear and the needed accessories. This is not a problem for my male self.

Erica Grace
03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Love heels more than anything, dresses and without a doubt...mascara :battingeyelashes:

To answer the OP, no I didn't really discover anything about myself. I have just been more confident in myself since accepting this part of me so that was a nice change/surprise.

Deanna11
03-28-2014, 02:44 PM
I love everything fem especially putting on makeup. In particular lipstick! It's the finishing touch where after I apply it I look and feel very feminine!

Karren H
03-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Yeah..... my boobs and corsets.... I obsess over both! at the same time.... trying hard to make one larger and the other one smaller! lol

Tina_gm
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Just overall, when finally letting go, I have realized I am a more feminine person than I thought. On another deep level, I am realizing there actually isn't as much of a difference between men and women as I thought there was. Yes there are differences of course, but on letting the fem side have some freedom, there really isn't as much as I thought, I guess seeing this from both sides kinda thing.

Don't know if it is a surprise really... but I definitely enjoy the feeling of being shaved. I can now enjoy girly movies and can relate in some ways. Before I felt I couldn't sit through one. Denial can be a very powerful thing.

Amy Fakley
03-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Perfume. I never cared for it much until I really began to put together my complete girl look years ago.
These days I don't feel like I'm done "transforming" until I smell nice too :-)

Rachael Leigh
03-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Rachel Im not sure there are enough pages for that answer LOL, but yes I know what you mean when I shop for girl things its very hard to decide what to buy. So many choices and I do think that's my attraction to dressing for sure.

Beverley Sims
03-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I have had the occasional buying binge, I bought a nice selection of tennis dresses and short pleated skirts when I started playing around with the women. :)

They thought I had great legs and I should show them off.

I admit I looked out of place wearing shorts and the women liked me better in a tennis dress.

CynthiaD
03-28-2014, 05:21 PM
I was surprised to find how badly suppressing this side of myself screwed me up mentally. Once I stopped fighting it, I felt that I'd been released from prison. When I became free to be me as a woman, I also became free in a thousand other ways as well, most of which had nothing to do with CDing.

Deedee Skyblue
03-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah..... my boobs [...] trying hard to make one larger [...] lol

What she said! (sorta)

Deedee

Helena Gwyn
03-29-2014, 04:02 AM
A few days after my first acceptance, I shaved almost my entire body. It was some kind of impulse I couldn't resist. I had irritation and itching for more then a week, but I've been shaving my legs ever since because I like the feel of it, and I'm considering laser removal of my chest hair.
I've always been rather creative. I love minimalism, just the essence of things, no meaningless decorations. The last few months, I've been planning to paint and furnish my living room. I had a very minimalistic idea, until I started accepting my feminine side. Now I somehow want more 'meaningful' decorations and variations and colors to brighten everything up.
Also in my bedroom I want a bedspread with flowers and more red or pink and more pillows and softness and cosy, just like you see in girly movies where they all sit on the bed and talk and giggle and do nails ..., movies I always liked to see I realize now.

MsVal
03-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Yes, I discovered that shopping for feminine clothing is no longer boring; It's actually exciting when it's a personal interest. That goes for shopping for my wife's garments, not just mine.

I could easily become a recreational shopper if time, money, and acceptance were no longer an issue.

Best wishes
MsVal

Leslie Langford
03-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Definitely applying and wearing makeup as well as experimenting with different styles of wigs, and being amazed to what degree I could transform myself from my drab (yes, that's drab in every sense of the word ;)) self into a credible woman. Who knew that this was even remotely possible?

As for dresses, skirts, heels, and lingerie etc. - been there, done that, and my current love has become accessories such as jewelry, scarves, hats, and gloves as well as different styles of eyewear.

I just love playing around with different combinations of these items to accessorize my favorite outfits as I work towards developing my my own signature style...

sometimes_miss
03-29-2014, 06:37 PM
I discovered that shopping for clothes and jewelry really is a girl thing; both we and real girls lose ourselves in the activity, always looking for something 'new and shiny'. Then it was nail polish, the search for the perfect pastel polish that would provide good cover in the fewest coats (so now I have about 50 bottles of nail polish, probably all deteriorating in their little jars). Fortunately, I have huge feet, so I won't go broke buying all kinds of girl shoes.