PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted and sorry in advance

meganmartin
03-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Disgusted... apologies for not knowing exactly where to post this.

After my last outing I had noticed from viewing the pictures of how much weight I had gained over the past year and decided to do something about it. Launched off into a diet.

Back story I have a history of over eating and overindulging in just about all the bad things. In 2000 I lost 100lbs and was able to maintain that loss till around 2012 and it started creeping up on me, then I just gave up all together and let myself go.

But making a declaration i will get my skinny on again and the new me will arrive.

So far in 3 weeks lost 12lbs only many more to go....

Annaliese
03-28-2014, 08:39 AM
Having the same problem ten years ago got down to 168, I would gain a lot then loose some but not as much as I gain, from last Thanksgiving to now I have gained 25 lbs. I am going to get back down to 180 be end of summer. Thank for you declaration, it a kick start for me.

meganmartin
03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Annaliese,

Thanks for the post mine is much more severe than yours.
thinks just look and feel better when your comfortable with your weight, or at least I am.

kimdl93
03-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Stick with it....one step at a time. Too often we try to do too much too fast, then give up at when weight loss plateaus for a bit.

Majella St Gerard
03-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Good luck, I have the same problem.

Tracii G
03-28-2014, 10:57 AM
I wish you all the best in you weight loss quest.
Not sure if its my meds but I have gained around 10 lbs recently and the old muffin top is back.:eek:

Adriana Moretti
03-28-2014, 11:18 AM
hey girl that is a great goal to have that has many benifits to your health BESIDES helping you look good in a dress...good luck!!

Melissa_59
03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Can I suggest the Keto method (hopefully this won't get me banned)? There is a lot of good information out there on this diet type and it's working well for me. I've lost over 50 pounds since October and I haven't exercised at all. I never feel hungry or starved either, in fact I've really cut down on how much I'm eating simply because my body now listens to that "I'm full" signal that excessive sugary and carby diets squelch in people. If you want more information on the biological and chemical side of how this works, go to Youtube and look up Gary Taubes and Dr. Robert Lustig and listen to their lectures (Taubes: "Why We Get Fat" and Lustig: "Sugar, the Bitter Truth"). There's a reason for the increase in adult obesity, liver disease and adult-onset diabetes in the world today, and it's not from "poor lifestyle choices" as a lot of pundits will tell you. The lectures are Very Enlightening, because we were given bad dieting advice about 40 years ago and people still believe it.

Rachael Leigh
03-28-2014, 11:29 AM
I sell a wonderful health and weight loss product, anyone interested private message me.
Hugs Leigh

Jocelyn Quivers
03-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Keep with it and best of luck. I'm at about the 7 year mark of my big weight loss, and have been currently fighting/agonizing (especially when looking at pics of myself from this time last year) over a gradual increase coming back again.

Davina4587
03-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Megan

I know how you feeling, for the last 18 months I have been suffering with Depression and during this time my weight has ballooned by 4 stone (about 60lb) - and I was already a couple of stone overweight before this.

For various reasons I've not been able to dress up for a little while and was very upset and shocked that my favourite dress no longer fitted me.

Nobody knows about my cross dressing (apart from you girls) and I have only been a member for the last week, however joining has given me a new drive and I am determined to lose weight , I've promised myself a whole new wardrobe when I lose the weight and there's so much choice of pretty clothes when I get my size down!

Let's do it together!

Congrats on the weight you've already lost

Love

Davina
X

Rachel292
03-28-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't know how much i've lost (I haven't got any scales in the house), but I know i've lost 3 inches from around my waist since Christmas.
Keep it up, but don't loose it too fast. Try and mix it with some good exercise that way continuing with the exercise will help you maintain your weight easier.

Megan70
03-28-2014, 01:17 PM
My weight has been stable for 15 years within an up/down daily window of 5 lib. 170-175. I'm so lucky i have not been one of those unfortunate people who say I've gain 15-25 lbs in the last year. Never happened., All mine is in my tummy area.36+ waist want a 33 again. Want to get to 160 and stay there. good lock from one Megan to another

Beverley Sims
03-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Megan set easy little goals for yourself and try to maintain them..
Good luck.

Karren H
03-28-2014, 01:31 PM
I know what your talking about.... wish flood didn't taste so damn good.... and then theres chocolate! I'm lucky that every hockey game burns off like a bazillion calories...... else I'd gain back the 50 pounds I lost a decade ago....

Kelley
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Congratulations on the 12 Lb! I know you can do it

Kelley

reb.femme
03-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi Megan,

Add me to your list of yo-yoing weight girls. I'm on steroids so makes me want to eat, but as per my usual statement, My name's Rebecca and I'm a chocoholic! Add cakes and biscuits to that too!

It's so difficult managing weight at times, so I feel your pain. Losing 12lbs is not to be sneered at, so a big shout out to you. I haven't posted pics in a while due to my few pounds increase and losing my mojo.

I gave up smoking 30 years ago, I rarely drink alcohol and I don't add salt to food (except to the great British chip) so I'm afraid sugar and getting girl are my only vices. Give up anything else and I'll be qualified to join a monastic order. :heehee:

Rebecca

Renee
03-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Megan I want to wish you good luck and know that you will lose the weight and the inches. I too had noticed that the pounds and the larger figure had crept up on me again. I started weight watchers again as I will lose weight on their program rather quickly. I have lost 12 pounds in the last 14 days and wont stop until I reach 45 pounds. Then will do what I need to do to keep my weight there. Again good luck !!!

Melissa in SE Tn
03-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Megan, " I feel your pain " ; particularly when exercising & can feel a belly bounce. You will do wonders with discipline. My question , after reading other posts, is how does one loss 12 pounds in a 10-15 day period? Please girls, share your wisdom to us working to regain our girlish figures!!! Peace, mel

AmandaM
03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
One thing I do, get rid of all the bigger clothes. If your waist is 36 and you get to a 34, get the 36's OUT!

meganmartin
03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all the great support girls and I will keep you posted. So far its going as good as a Die it can go LOL