PDA

View Full Version : What little things catch you out ?

Teresa
03-28-2014, 10:05 AM
I had the whole day to myself and decided that some skirts and blouses really needed washing, so I put a load in with some shirts and other drab stuff so when they're hung on the rotary wash line the drab stuff can hide girl stuff. The problem was I had two wool mix skirts that wanted dry cleaning so I chanced hand washing them, so they were the first two items on the wash line before the machine wash had finished. Every time I looked out the window and saw the skirts on the line I got the strangest feeling knowing my skirts were on full view, I just couldn't help smiling.

Has anyone else been caught out like this and smiled at it ?

Beverley Sims
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
One day the children visited me and they did remark that my wife never wore such pretty lingerie and pyjamas when they were home and the question?

"What are you and mum up to these days dad"? :)

Kate Simmons
03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
"What are you and mum up to these days dad"? :)Wouldn't they like to know. :heehee:. Those kinds of questions I just give a sly grin. :battingeyelashes::)

ChristinaK
03-28-2014, 07:23 PM
My daughter asked, "Momma, I haven't seen you wearing that nightgown," when she was washing it. The response was, " Daddy likes that one." She did not elucidate that I like to WEAR that one.

Maria 60
03-28-2014, 07:57 PM
I smiled like that once when my daughter was walking out the door and told my wife she was borrowing her skirt and blouse, when we both turned around to see what she was wearing, my wife turned to me and I had that smile you are talking about, and told my wife I want my cloths back. The look on my wife's face is maybe a heading of another post.

kimdl93
03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
My wife and mother in law were folding clothes. Among the items were several thongs...mine. Her mom commented to her, "I never thought you'd wear these things!"

Teresa
03-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi Maria,
Who did your daughter return the skirt and blouse to ? What a frugal house one wardrobe for three people ! Thanks for the story, it would have made me smile.