PDA

View Full Version : Relationship reset

kimdl93
03-28-2014, 10:45 AM
I thought I would provide a follow up from my post of two weeks ago, regarding my wife's recently revealed concerns about my CDing. As you may recall, she sought out a gender therapist for herself and subsequently expressed her concerns to me and offered some compromises. One request was that I attend the next counseling session, which I did.

Last weeks therapy session was somewhat repetitive of my wife's solo session of two weeks earlier, but helpful all the same because I did open up a bit more than I had expected about how I my life began, progressed and led to who I am today. My wife and I had never really talked about this and she gained a much more complete understanding of this part of me. In a nutshell, she knows its more-much more and deeper than clothes... she now knows I am TG. She seems genuinely sympathetic to both my life struggles and needs as a transgendered person.

After the session we talked much longer over at a favorite restaurant. She genuinely wants to accommodate my needs but asked for a little break from seeing me dressed while she tries to readjust her attitudes somewhat. I understand and I am doing my best to give her just that. I have to admit, its a bit of a struggle after dressing routinely for so long. I am trying to look at this as a reset, hoping that the process will play out better for both of us after this pause. How long the pause might be is anyones guess. I would like her to tell me when she is ready to start over.

Katey888
03-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Sounds like progress of sorts for the two of you, Kim.. :hugs:

Any development of understanding has to be a positive step and perhaps incremental understanding after so long just takes that little bit more time and patience..?

I hope your perspective of a reset is what you finally achieve, however long it may take... I also hope it's not too long for you, and that patience and a degree of sacrifice on your part will help towards that accommodation. :)

No good thing comes without at least a little sacrifice somewhere, I think...

Katey x

Annaliese
03-28-2014, 11:14 AM
I hope everything goes well with the reset. hugs

Maria 60
03-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Sounds like there is some improvement and hope she comes around sooner then later, we crossdressers aren't the most patient people, and I don't think we want frustration to come into play. Well pretty much the ball is in her court now and I guess you will have to see how she plays it. Don't leave us in the dark, let's us know what's going so maybe we can help you through this.

Beverley Sims
03-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Kim,
I certainly hope normal programming will resume quite soon.
Sometimes it does need a third party to offer an opinion.

Kate Simmons
03-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Sometimes it tales awhile. I consider myself a fortunate man to have found my GF. She has no problem with the dressing whatsoever, as, at the end of the day, she knows she has her man.:)

MsVal
03-28-2014, 07:58 PM
People tend to worry more about unknowns than knowns. It sounds like a lot of your wife's questions and uncertainty have been answered Kim. That has to be a big relief for her.

Best wishes
MsVal