PDA

View Full Version : Going on vacation for the first time.

Janelle_C
03-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I've been full time since last august, and I'm very comfortable in my skin now. It's such a wonderful feeling to getup each morning and just be yourself. My confidence level is up there. I'm not self conscious when I go out any more. But I'm going out of state to Sedona for a week. And I have to buy my first bathing suit witch is freaking me out a little. I've been to Sedona before, but that was in my past life. I hope I can maintain my same level of confidence that I have here. But I'm a little nervous, but also looking forward to the trip. I love Sedona. My question is how was your first vacation as your real self? Were you nervous? How was buying your first bathing suit?

ArleneRaquel
03-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Great post darlin. An early vacation for me as "Arlene" was in Las Vegas, a few years back. I was nervious as can be, but my male companion was with me and he provided great support & comfort. I hope that you have a safe and wonderful time. I am hoping for another trip this year, with my SO, who is not the same male companion.

AllieSF
03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Janelle, Sedona is a beautiful place to visit and maybe even retire to. regarding the bathing suit, I bought mine at JC Penny's. What I liked there was that they sold some tops and bottoms separately. I can wear a size small or medium in a bottom but needed a larger size for the top. I can wear a size 10 (medium) or 12 (large) top and dress but ended up getting a size 14 or 16 top, all because of my broad and boxy chest structure. I ended up using one of those bathing suit bottom skirts, which worked perfectly with the ruched, which looked great and nicely covered my belly too. I eventually got an inexpensive sun cotton dress to wear with my flip flops when going to and from the hotel pool. It was a win -win situation for me. Don't forget some reading material, sun block and big sun glasses. Enjoy your trip.

DeeDee1974
03-29-2014, 04:20 PM
My first "bathing suit" vacation made me nervous and excited. I went with my gg friends that I have known since college. We rented a vacation house with a pool so we had it all to ourselves. My friends were very encouraging and supportive. I even wound up trading one of my friends my bathing suit for her bikini because we had each bought suits that looked better on each other than they did ourselves. A full bathing suit just wasn't quite right for my transitioning body. I really should of had someone shop with me.

Sedona is beautiful I really enjoyed the pink jeep tour when I was there.

Jorja
03-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Out of the frying pan into the fire or is that surfs up, come on in the water is fine. Just take a deep breath, find a swim suit that looks good on you, and don't worry about it. You will be fine. Remember, we are our own worst critic.

EnglishRose
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
One thing about swimsuits is that they tend to give an amazing and easy tuck :)

Angela Campbell
03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Lol.....no one wants to see me in a bathing suit

Janelle_C
03-29-2014, 10:15 PM
One thing about swimsuits is that they tend to give an amazing and easy tuck :)
Good I was a little worried about that.

Persephone
03-30-2014, 02:32 AM
Hve a wonderful time, Janelle! Sedona is a wonderful place!

I spent a week there with a couple of GG's earlier this year and we had a ball. Included several dips in pools and hot tubs. I have been wanting to write it up for the forum but got distracted and haven't finished.

You have to shop and find a swimsuit that fits your figure and hides any figure flaws you may have. It is a chore, but it pays off when you wear it. I tend to wear a light support panty under my suit to help with some of our unique figure problems.

Check out the thrift shops around Sedona and Cottonwood, there are some great buys to be had. Also, if you have time, visit the nearby town of Jerome, built down the side of a mountain it is a mix of artists and motocyclists. My favorite lunch spot is the Mile High Cafe -- great food!

Hugs,
Persephone.

amander-
03-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Hi there janelle
I have been full time for the parst 6 going on to 7 year and i fill like i do not have not how i was not on the out side i think you on what i am getting to say so one thing i will say it will just get better so just go with the life and be happy.

Kathryn Martin
03-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Let me just say that buying your first bathing suit is a very traumatic experience. It is hateful (for every woman)

Rachel Smith
03-30-2014, 06:25 AM
Here are my first two bathing suits. I was very nervous when I wore the bikini but it was so liberating when I did it.