PDA

View Full Version : Littlest things mean so much.

Maria 60
03-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Came home from work and my wife told me she was fed up with us fighting over who's coffee mug is who's, so she bought mugs with our first letter of our names on them, so we all have our own mug. I was going through them and I asked her why she bought the letter M, there's no one here with that letter, she said yes there is, Maria. I almost broke into tears, I told her that was so thoughtful of her and what was she going to tell the kids, she said we will cross that bridge when we get there. Later in the day my wife was explaining the new mugs to the kids and of corse my daughter little miss noisy one says, who's the M for. My wife told her to mind her own business and she will live to be one hundred. My daughter flinched her shoulders and walked away, my wife walked past me and told me that bridge is crossed lets hope in the future we never have to cross a bigger bridge. She really is a great person and so thoughtful and to her its, "what's the big deal its only a mug", she just doesn't understand my past and what it means to me, and how little things do go a long way. GOD bless her.

Fortuneta
03-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Great, absolutely great story! Thanks for sharing and be sure you take time to make HER happy.
Fortuneta

eileendover
03-29-2014, 05:19 PM
my daughter little miss noisy one says, who's the M for.

Well, "M" is for Mug, of course!

Marcelle
03-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi Maria,

A very nice story indeed. I bet you enjoy each and every cup of coffee with that mug.

Hugs

Isha

Stephanie47
03-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Or, "M" is for 'Me!'

Well, "M" is for Mug, of course!

Kate Simmons
03-29-2014, 05:41 PM
The bridge is usually okay but sometimes I think we need a "bigger boat". ;):)

kimdl93
03-30-2014, 07:35 AM
That's a really thoughtful gesture. I'm sure your daughter is dying to know. Next time she asks, grab the cup and say, "Me!"

Jillian Faith
03-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Maria I know exactly what you are saying, it's the little things in life that means the most sometimes...God bless your wife!

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 08:06 AM
It is nice to have harmony and acceptance in the home.