PDA

View Full Version : Tips On Becoming More Feminine

Martha G
03-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Well the good part is that when I dress I look 180 degrees different. Like a whole new person, pretty and 10 to 15 years younger.

Also since my voice is a little high, I have been mistaken for a woman on the telephone and when sight unseen.

But I do need some tips on becoming more feminine overall to project my self as a woman. Like mannerisms, walk and so forth.

Would appreciate your input.

Thanks girls!

Marcelle
03-30-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Martha,

My recommendation is to go and people watch but not in that creepy "stalker" kind of way. :eek: :heehee:

Go to a public venue where there are lots of women and watch their movements. Look at how they walk, gesture, manipulate their purse and other objects. Continue to do this, practice at home and integrate what works into your femme self.

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
03-30-2014, 06:17 AM
My only tip is to just always be yourself and the feminine energy will flow.:battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Martha,
You have the appearance, it is only mannerisms, deportment and voice you need to cover now.

I Am Paula
03-30-2014, 07:54 AM
People watch. All the time. Mall coffee shops are great places.
My number one rule for acting like a lady- Stop acting like a man. As you go you'll understand what I mean.

Martha G
03-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks Beverly.

In the looks department I do make a good woman. I have been told that before that I "look" like the real McCoy!

The voice is doing better too.

So observe and practice like the other girls say!

Candice Mae
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Martha,

My recommendation is to go and people watch but not in that creepy "stalker" kind of way. :eek: :heehee:
Isha

So that's why I always feel like someone is watching me, and I thought I was going crazy. When it was just Isha all along.....

Lol :lol:

Martha G
03-30-2014, 09:52 AM
So that's why I always feel like someone is watching me, and I thought I was going crazy. When it was just Isha all along.....

Lol :lol:

You can observe other females on TV and in movies and not so obvious.

Chari
03-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Great advice from previous posts! As you have discovered Martha, there is more to being/looking/moving like a woman than just the clothes, makeup, & jewelry! Take one issue at a time, like standing and sitting, and continue to practice, practice, practice! Also ask an understanding close female friend to help critique your "womanly side" actions. Enjoy.

Martha G
03-30-2014, 10:11 AM
That sounds like great advise to me Chari!

Emilyl
03-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Lovely advice, I guess the best way to learn is to watch others lead by example.

Lacyfem
03-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Years ago I was at a party with friends and business coharts... I wear an 11 1/2 woman's heel and one of the ladies there who was rather large had taken her heels off as they were hurting her feet. At this time it had been awhile since I had been dressing as was in the midst of raising a family. On a dare someone told me to see if the shoes would fit and to put them on and walk around. I thought it would be funny so I did and they fit perfectly and had a 4" heel. I think they expected me to fumble around in them instead as soon as I got them on my fem side took over though they didn't know that. I got up and moved quite gracefully around the room in a very, very fem mode. I knew they would think it funny, including my wife, but little did they know what was going on in my head. Most got a good laugh and some of the homophobic men actually left the room which I though was funny. So I think that your fem side is inside and like me if you dress it comes out quite naturally. That said, look as some of the gay men who are totally over the top fem and don't dress. Much of that i think is put on to exploit their gayness but that certainly is their choice. Being fem for me is just holding myself differently than when I'm in man mode and for whatever reason I've had no problem walking in up to 6" heels and that little party is something some of those people still bring up as they thought is was so funny. They don't know how it rekindled my fem side. I loved doing this little walk in heels for me to kind of be out in public fem without anyone knowing. It's natural to me when dressed and the following day went out and bought new bras and panties.

Christi55
03-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Thank you for sharing as I feel the same about having the fem side rekindled...

Jenniferathome
03-30-2014, 11:05 AM
You're asking cross dressers how to be more feminine? That's like asking a dog how to be more cat-like. Study women, that's your only salvation.

sometimes_miss
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Well, one good thing is that elderly men and women aren't all that different in appearance anyway. Then as arthritis hits, some of the feminine movements become abbreviated as well. Only your prediliction for short skirts might give you away initially. If you have male hands, feet, an adam's apple, forehead ridge, etc., all the male physical give aways, then if you're trying to pass you're going to fail anyway, not withstanding having enough of a female voice so that if they can't see you, they can't clock you.
Just enjoy who you are. Most of us couldn't pass at midnight in an unlit coal mine during a total eclipse and power failure. So while we may never appear more feminine, we can certainly enjoy feeling like it.
Really want to feel more like a real girl does? Redecorate your house every month or so, move all the furniture around. Repaint as well, a different color of course. Every couple of years throw all your comfortable furniture away and buy some new pretty stuff that you can't sit on for more than five minutes without your butt hurting...but at least it looks pretty! New curtains, towels, bedding too. Try spending a few hours in an accessory shop looking at cheap jewelry and stuff. Talk to friends about nothing in particular for hours, don't try to solve problems, just talk about them, then perhaps cry. Go to a clothing store, try on things one number size too small for a few hours, but don't buy anything, and don't try on anything that does fit because 'it's not the right number size, I don't wear that number size'. Buy some make up you like, then go home and throw it away because you don't have any clothes that it 'goes with'. Go crazy avoiding eating meats, choose salads for every meal. Paint your nails. Cry when they chip. Do your toes too. Remove the polish and put it on again. Spend an hour doing nothing but manually getting the tangles out of your hair.
The list goes on and on!

Martha G
03-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks Sometimes Miss. That's a good philosophy that you shared.

But I still like the short skirts! I have the legs for them! LOL!

Jules Spirit
03-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Since I have not met you, I can't tell what you do that is perceived as unfeminine. But I would say one thing I can see from your avatar photo is your stand. I usually stand with my legs a little closer together, as I see many other women do too. Hope that helps a little bit. :)
Hugs!

BLUE ORCHID
03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Martha, Video tape yourself or get a full length mirror and watch what you are doing wrong.

Martha G
03-31-2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks Jules Spirit.

Yep, the stance and sitting with my legs apart are two things that are easy to fix. Just have to be conscience about ot.

Voice is coming along fine.

I believe that I have most of the feminine gestures down pretty good.

Need to practice my walk.

Those are basically the things I need to perfect.

As far as looks, when I dress I am pretty and look 10 to 15 years younger.

If I get down to what my weight should be (150 lbs) then I will will be able to cross my legs knee over knee.

So it;s all coming together.

wanagione
03-31-2014, 06:55 AM
I think femininity comes from within, but some things you may be able to do are, wear sexy underwear, keep your nails neat, take bubble baths, use lotions or creams on your hands, use softer words when you speak.

Krisi
03-31-2014, 06:57 AM
There are several videos on youtube on how to look and act feminine. Search for them and watch them.

Someone should start a school for crossdressers.

noeleena
03-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi, Sometimes -miss.

Your list is some what how would i say it dont pass at midnight and all light s out down a mine sharft, and then all the other detail.

Well youv not met my women friends or myself and we are all female / women and we dont do hardly any of that,
we'v got a hand on life and detail in our lives so maybe we are a bit different from what you see yes i know a few are like youv said, im sure not we are just too busy being who we are and doing things in our groups, myself im very level headed to be bothered make my clothes so i know they fit as to allcheepo jewery my friends makes some lovely peaces.

I dont watch other women i dont need to , to see how they walk or do things any way you could spend all day doing that and find each one is different why be a copy cat when one can be thier own person,

I have my own style my own way of doing things how i dress is different and when i travel over sea's im dressed totaly different in my Renaissance clothes - garb, and yes im on disply . i dont like fitting a mould or blending in, im a woman who thinks totaly outside any box. gee what a b....y boring life for myself to do other wise,

and i have women friends who are like myself, and its no wonder i have so many friends and allways meeting new people and we have some lovely talks about things .

To be weird is fun to be insane is even better to be mad youv got it made,

...noeleena...