PDA

View Full Version : Harmony

Marcelle
03-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Hi all,

I just started watching the show "House of Card" (love it BTW) and in one episode the main character "Frank Underwood" was giving a speech to dedicate a library at a school he attended in his youth. He talked about "harmony" in reference to a group of choral friends he had when attending school. Individual single voices all contributing to one beautiful sound.

I thought what a beautiful concept, individual voices coming together to weave a tapestry of sound for all to enjoy. Remove one voice and the harmony is no more. So where am I going with this you may ask? :confused: Well, harmony is important and it can be singular like brining harmony to your life when you are confused. It can include many like bringing harmony to your workplace when things are going bad. The end result is harmony centers us and like a beautiful harmonized song, makes us feel happy at our core.

Okay does this mean Isha wants to start a TG choir? Not exactly.

Let's face it, we (TG) are an eclectic group. However it takes everyone to harmonize who we are to the world. I am not talking about the individual "you" or "me" but the concept of what we each of us do. I have been reading the posts and have lived some of this through a local TG group and I can state and I believe we can all agree . . . "A TG hierarchy does exist". It can't be helped as human nature demands that we somehow minimalize some parts of society in an effort to raise our own standing. I have seen CDers who go out complete "en femme" feel they have a higher standing because they are out and about while closeted gals stay home and hide. A recent thread discussed the "dude in skirts phenomenon" with some less than stellar comments about "why would you do such a thing". In my social group, I had a young TS gal tell me that CDers are not truly TG because we are too afraid to commit to one gender and that we should not even be going out in public because it is an embarrassment to her and other TS gals. In a similar vain I have had a CD friend say to me, that TS gals don't get us because they have drank the pink Kool-Aid and think they are better than us. None of these statements have an iota of truth but they still do damage to harmony nonetheless. :sad:

Now before the collective chorus goes "Hey Isha, I have never said or done such a thing" I want to say ... "This is not directed at any individual but the collective community." There are a lot of implied statements in posts and threads which may have not been meant the way they are perceived but one person's perception is their reality regardless of the messaging intent. If I read a comment and think "What a b&*$%" my kneejerk reaction is to respond in kind regardless if the comment was not meant to be mean or not. :bitchslap: The unfortunate thing about emotion is that it can lead us to some irrational actions . . .hence the runaway threads which have nothing to do with the OP's intent.

"Okay Isha . . . will you just bottle the genie" :blah: :)

My point is we all contribute to this beautiful song of ours. Some may sing louder, some may sing at different pitch or tone. Some may come to singing practice more than others. However, in the end without all of us singing together, harmony will suffer and the song we provide to the world will sound like chatter vice melody. I for one prefer harmony so let's all remember "to each her own" because we need each other's differences for true harmony. :daydreaming:

Hugs

Isha

ArleneRaquel
03-30-2014, 07:08 AM
An amazing & lovely post by an amazing & lovely lady. WOW !

Kate Simmons
03-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Everyone brings their own special part to the whole. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout girl friend. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Isha,
A great analogy.
Harmony for all. :)

Melissa in SE Tn
03-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Thank you from the bass section of the chorale ! Wonderful thoughts. Peace, mel

Danielle_cder
03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
thnx Isha! love ur posts :D

Jamie Lynn
03-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Couldn't agree with you more, Isha! Way to speak it!

bridget thronton
03-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Great post

Lori Kurtz
03-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Lovely message, well said. I come here for that kind of harmony, and while there have been a few off notes at times, I've found some pretty sweet music here.

Hell on Heels
03-30-2014, 03:47 PM
It takes all kinds of kinds to keep the world spinning!
That would include those that don't conform to harmony of
the choir. Physics 101 , for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
I know this is not quite the same, but I think you get my drift.
Happy-sad , right-wrong , think balance I guess.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Charee
03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi Ladies, I'm kinda new here, Charee' is the name I use. My earliest memories of dressing were at 4 yrs old. I walked on my tip toes from the time I could walk until I was too ashamed to at around 6 yrs old. Raised in a very military family, and I mean every member of my family from G-parents to youngest sister wore the army greens and saluted the queen, ugh!! Therefore my behavior was quelled quickly under the banner of shame and guilt (I didn't raise you that way, something must be wrong with you) and remained hidden until mid 20's. 2nd marriage I felt safe enough to try once again; again it was met with shaming, ridicule and threats.
I have attempted from time to time to bring Charee' to the sun and now at 53 yrs old, she's refusing to remain silent!
I believe in the law of attraction and I believe that if I carry shame and guilt around this part of me I will attract awful events and situations to myself.
I would like to share a phrase that is helping me to a degree and perhaps it will be of value to one or more of you. Though I am not a Bible carrying person, more of a spiritualist and this fits wonderfully with the Harmony position.
"I Am That! I Am!!
that THAT, is all that is, everything that exists, we are all one energy source, universe, the quantum field God; what ever label we each choose to place on the THAT which we are all a part of, no matter what our body looks like or how we decorate it.
By speaking out loud or in my mind "I am THAT" - I Am!! several times each day as my eyes land on different things, I am learning to be at peace and relative unconditional love for my-self and others no matter what the behavior or opinion is.
Everyone on the planet has an anal orifice and an opinion and neither one are topics of conversation!
The only real opinion of me that matters is my own, and (those who mind, don't matter-those who matter, don't mind). I have found this to be a truth. I have had very very few negative experiences when telling others of my choice in clothing.
(o those who do not understand, no explanation will suffice, - to those who do, no explanation is required!)
I need support in taking the 18" journey my friends. The journey from the knowing this in my head to teaching it to my heart and belief system after a life time of believing I am wrong, bad, sick, perverted, ugly and bla bla bla...
Please, welcome me, love me, support me as I will you and let us all live Harmony in our minds first, then it will show up in our physical existance as well. I believe that, I have proven that to myself time and time again,,,
I have done the best I can alone, now I am reaching out to my brother/sisters and asking for help in loving myself unconditionally..
Namaste'
Charee'
Thank you for being here...

ArleneRaquel
03-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Welcome Charee, A fantastic post. Stay well & Best Wishes on your journey.