PDA

View Full Version : Dormant ?

Martha G
03-30-2014, 09:04 AM
I really never had any cd urges or experience early on.

It was not until I donned by first dress at age 59 ( costumed beautifully as Charley's Aunt)

Since then I have really enjoyed developing female characters and dressing up ( mainly for parties or events which require costumes).

And I look so much better and younger in femenine attire!

Do you think my cd desires were dormant? Or just came up suddenly after I wore my first dress and saw how much younger and better I looked?

What do you think?

Melissa in SE Tn
03-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Martha... Good question . Who knows the who , what , when, why & where's of the cd origin within us all. You found it at age 59. You're enjoying & growing in your femininity. Appreciate what you are experiencing & continue to grow younger. Peace to you , Mel

Chari
03-30-2014, 09:27 AM
IMO, there is femme in all of us, but it is at different degrees, at different moments in our life! After our feminine side surfaces, and we accept it, it is up to the individual to explore where they will be comfortable and confident expressing themselves, also knowing that their femme side will never go away. Enjoy.

Martha G
03-30-2014, 09:29 AM
That's true Chari.

It came out at that costume party where I wore my first ( and very beautiful) dress.

Beverley Sims
03-30-2014, 09:31 AM
In my opinion and speaking to you privately I fel it is something that crept upon you in the night.

It was probably a dormant thing or maybe a new experience and interest in your costuming experience.

I know part of my dressing in the early days was the fascination that I could carry off a female persona so well.

I also think that is why the girls were so encouraging.

Anna H
03-30-2014, 09:32 AM
It's always been a curious thing to me when someone begins late....
and it "sticks".

I can trace back to first grade at 5-6 years old for sure, so it's always
been there for me. And I understand how it can come a little later on when
sexual aspects can take hold...(at 5-6 years old for me, there were NO sexual
overtones. I didn't know or care about that sort of thing)

So it seems to point to something that can happen at any time.
I'd always heard/read that it was a thing that was always there. But with better
and wider info from the internet and so many beginning at any age now it
makes me wonder even more than I ever did.

It's always made sense how some can do it a single time and never again...
Halloween for example.

But I wonder why/how it becomes a "part" of someone and how that can happen
anytime now.

Makes it all even more confusing....

As a side note. I guess CDers may have a valid claim to the word "it".
We all know what "it" means. There's no confusion about that...lol!

:happy:

Martha G
03-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I think that the costuming experience brought the desire out. I am now developing as many female costumes as males, whereas before the first experience I really wasn't interested.

Also the fact that the costume was a beautifully made dress with a large hoopskirt as well as all the feminine accessories.

If I would have just went in a dress and wig from Goodwill, I doubt if anything would have developed.

Kate Simmons
03-30-2014, 12:38 PM
What I think is that the best of us comes out as we get older.:)

kimdl93
03-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Who can say? The desire may have been deeply repressed. Having never lived without being aware of my desire to dress, it's hard for me to put myself in your place. You had no inkling before 59?

devida
03-30-2014, 01:20 PM
I think I was never particularly masculine but I never had the vocabulary to describe myself until I was old. I never fit as a man and never really liked men's clothes but I didn't have the self confidence and maturity to recognize what I was until I was much older.

Martha G
03-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Who can say? The desire may have been deeply repressed. Having never lived without being aware of my desire to dress, it's hard for me to put myself in your place. You had no inkling before 59?

Just really thought that it would be fun! Seen some of my friends do it at parties But I did find it fascinating.

Wildaboutheels
03-30-2014, 03:42 PM
I think ANY "activity" we take up, whether male or female, [regardless of one's age] that brings us pleasure when we look in the mirror and/or positive reinforcement from others is likely to continue within budget constraints.