PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

susancheerleader
01-11-2006, 05:58 PM
First of all, my little "taking a break" was short lived. I knew it would be.
Anyway, I really feel comfortable and just "relaxed" when I am dressed. It doesn't change my personality, but it does change how I feel. Basicly, I am normally tence, but I don't feel like I am when I am dressed.
What does make me tence when I am dressed, is the thought of someone walking in on me. So that often takes the fun out of it. I solved that with a "chime" that lets me know when someone pulls in my driveway giving me time to rush to the bathroom and undress and throw some sweats on. But none the less, even with that early warning, I still feel like I might get caught.
Sometimes this takes the fun out of it, and makes me think to myself "Why do this at all? I can only do this in my house, I can't go out and have fun. If I get caught, or someone finds out, I have to deal with embarasment and try to explain myself. Stress that I am not gay, etc."
In other words, I feel guilty, AND I feel great about dressing.
How does anyone cope with this conflict? :(
(FYI: I am wearing a skirt, and a blouse, and stockings as I write this.) :D

Ms. Donna
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Sometimes this takes the fun out of it, and makes me think to myself "Why do this at all? I can only do this in my house, I can't go out and have fun. If I get caught, or someone finds out, I have to deal with embarasment and try to explain myself. Stress that I am not gay, etc."
In other words, I feel guilty, AND I feel great about dressing.

At the risk of making this sound too simplistic - why not go out?

Maybe not full tilt 'dressed', but a little something: a pair of shoes, a cute t-shirt, maybe some lite make-up... not all of these, but just one. Subtle enough that you know, but everyone else doesn't. For years, I have been dressing completely (knickers, trousers, shirt, socks/hose shoes, jewlery) in women's clothes while 'passing' as a man - usually. ;)

One might ask, what's the point?

It's the psychological effect of it. Much like wearing knickers under men's clothes - only kicked up a few notches. For me at least, being completely crossdressed, in public and having the world oblivious to the fact gave me a rush. (Of course, now the rush is when they *know* I'm crossdressed.) :)

Baby steps. You'll be surprised just how much with which you can get away. And how much more fun it can be! :cool:

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Julie York
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
The feeling is normal for what we do. The desire to do it puts you in a position where your whole self survival mechanism is telling you it is dangerous. And it is! No wonder you feel that way!

That's why you feel that way. It is normal to feel scared when you think you are in danger.

It is normal, rational and makes complete sense.

The only bit that doesn't make sense to any of us is why we do it in the first place.

Welcome to the club.

Butterfly Bill
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Baby steps. You'll be surprised just how much with which you can get away. And how much more fun it can be! :cool:

Love & Stuff,
Donna
I thought that phrase looked familiar, so I clicked on the menu to your website, and sure enough, you're that Donna.

"Baby steps" That's a phrase we have said on alt.suppor.crossdressing many times. You dont have hold your nose and dive into full drag presentation the first time you come out. You can start with knit pants, then skorts, then skirts, then dresses, like I did. I would say it took me a total of nine years to come all the way out. And I decided on an out that is not as far out as others think I have to.

Ms. Donna
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I thought that phrase looked familiar, so I clicked on the menu to your website, and sure enough, you're that Donna.

Hi Bill,

Yea, it's me. :o Ten years on and I'm still kicking this stuff 'round.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

leia
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
I love to get all dolled up and go to bars and dance act like the girl next door then go out to eat afterwards with the other "Girl's" in less I get lucky:D then its on to the bed room lol!

Eileen
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Susan we do it because it is who we are. As you say it is not something we and just put away and forget it.

Have you ever thought about coming to TG North for a social or make over? Check out the web site. Clare is so sweet and you would not have to worry about the locals seeing you.

I am to the point now, I do no care if anyone finds out.

Eileen

susancheerleader
01-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I have basicly started dressing last May ('05) and it is all on my own. I think this is part of my "fears" of going out. I want to look good, not look like a dude in a dress.