PDA

View Full Version : Rachel's first time out.

Rachel292
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
I went to visit my mum for Mothering Sunday and I'd thought about showing my mum Rachel, and had taken some clothes etc. just in case, but wasn't expecting to be able to do it. Sure enough, the opportunity didn't arise.

However i was aware of a get together of Surrey Swans http://surreyswans.blogspot.co.uk/p/introducing-surrey-swans.html
and on my way home, I decided; what the hell, let's go for it and I took the chance.

I arrived at the venue and found the back bar of the pub used as the meeting place. I could hear voices and went in still dressed as male me. I asked if they minded if I joined them and was there anywhere I could change.
Andrea pointed me in the direction of the loo and that was it. No going back. I got changed and painted my face. it seemed as if nothing would go right and I havn't a clue as to how long I took.
Then it was out to the bar, where I was welcomed and sat down with the other girls (about 8 or 10 in all). We then chatted and I was put at ease. Then suddenly (in reality i think it was about 2 hours later) it was closing time and time to leave.
I asked should I change, they said no just go for it. so I drove home the approximatly 70 miles as Rachel and just got out of the car and went indoors.
All in all an absolutely brilliant evening as far as i'm concerned.
Will definitly do it again.
Thanks to Andrea the girls at SurreySwans. :)

natcrys
03-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Good to hear your evening did end up getting to dress up and that you had a great time! :)

Happen to have pics of the evening itself?

Does your mum already know? Or was this going to be also the evening to come out to her?

Beverley Sims
03-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Rachel,
Now that was not an opportunity missed.
Good for you.

Rachel292
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Good to hear your evening did end up getting to dress up and that you had a great time! :)

Happen to have pics of the evening itself?

Does your mum already know? Or was this going to be also the evening to come out to her?

Sorry No Pics
Mum knows about Rachel (told her about 10 days ago - see my post) as a 'stay at home' Crossdresser. She actually rang me while I was there to see if i had got home OK. But I couldn't quite tell her where I was.
I'll tell her soon, when I think the time is right

Katey888
03-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Rachel - that is such a neat happening... You were really intent on getting out to someone - I am so impressed by your confidence and positive attitude... fantastic! :cheer:

And what a nice bunch of girls to be so welcoming too... I must find out more about them - thank you for sharing the link! ;)

Definitely a great opportunity and well taken... you can deservedly feel very pleased with yourself! :)

Katey x

Ms. Laura
04-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Good for you! That took some serious determination. I hope that you made some new friends, they make ALL the difference.

MsVal
04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
I suppose you really would have to have an opportunity for Rachel to visit mum, it's only been a week and a half since she was disclosed. It's too bad that the opportunity did not present itself, but it will in time.

Through your words I can sense the moment when you joined the group at that pub. As a stay at home dresser with a yearning to get out, I live for those vicarious trips through others' tales. Thank you for the splendid trip report, Rachel.

Best wishes
MsVal

ChristinaK
04-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Wow, sounds fantastic! Wish I could find such a venue to dress and be accepted. Good for you, and to be so welcomed! Sounds nice...

Isabella77
04-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I have a question for you.
Did it help you to be in a group for your first time out in public? I'm sure it does help. I'm actually planning to attend a group for CDs I found in Cincinnati. All I know is that there is a group and that they meet on the first Monday of every month. I was out in public for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was kind of mortifying. I was supposed to meet someone but got stood up.
I'm pretty sure i'm coming to this meeting dressed but I'm also very nervous about it. I don't know anything about these people. I've just been kind of hiding from the rest of the world with my dressing. It's kind of hard for me to just bring it out, even when I know it should be safe.

Marcelle
04-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Rachel,

What a great story and it sounds like you had a great time. CONGRATS

Hugs

Isha

Rachel292
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I have a question for you.
Did it help you to be in a group for your first time out in public? I'm sure it does help. I'm actually planning to attend a group for CDs I found in Cincinnati. All I know is that there is a group and that they meet on the first Monday of every month. I was out in public for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was kind of mortifying. I was supposed to meet someone but got stood up.
I'm pretty sure i'm coming to this meeting dressed but I'm also very nervous about it. I don't know anything about these people. I've just been kind of hiding from the rest of the world with my dressing. It's kind of hard for me to just bring it out, even when I know it should be safe.

Yes, i believe it did help. and because it was effectively in a private bar at the back of the pub, there was only 'the Swans' in there. It wasn't into a bar full of the general public. The Loo where i changed was close by, so it was a very short walk. But I still had to take my bag of male clothes back to my car in the car park and then go and 'present' Rachel to anyone else for the first time (I had never been outside my front door before) - yes it was scary.
Also initially I didn't know any of the Swans as i'd only read and seen a couple of pics on their web page. I hadn't pre-arranged to meet them, i turned up on the off-chance as a last minute decision. So I was going into a room of strangers. But i believe i sort of knew that they would welcome me, as they have all had to do it themselves at one time.

LICutie
04-03-2014, 01:56 PM
congrats!

i so long to do this, i feel like a weight would be so lifted off my shoulders... and it would be so helpful.

based on your thread, i really am going to look into doing what you did (or something like it).

i feel like i am imprisoned in my own self, yuck.

but to be with others in the way you did, yum!

thanks and may our days and nights be filled with happiness as much as possible.