PDA

View Full Version : Underdressing!

MysteryWoman
04-03-2014, 08:40 AM
In all my years of crossdressing (6o+) I've never underdressed. But I just discovered what I've been missing!

For several months I've had leg pain from what I think are strained ligaments in my calves and thighs. This was aggravated last week when my wife and I visited our daughter, who lives in a very hilly area, and I did a lot of walking.

While we were still there, I began to wonder whether some form of compression hosiery would help. I poked around on line but found that most compression stockings/pantyhose are intended for severe circulatory problems. They also tend to be very expensive.

It then occurred to me that about 20 years ago I briefly tried Hanes Alive pantyhose, and that maybe they would satisfy my current need. We drove home yesterday (6 hours), and by the time we got home my legs were so sore from sitting behind the wheel that I could barely get out of the car.

Shortly after arrival my wife sent me out for groceries, so I took the opportunity to drop by the conveniently located Hanes Bali outlet store in our area, where I bought a package of three pairs of Hanes Alive pantyhose. I was sort of hoping the slaes clerk would ask if they were for me, because for once I had a reason to buy them other than I love to wear pantyhose. But she was preoccupied. Maybe next time I'll volunteer the information.

I put on a pair as soon as I got home and wore them until bedtime. They are fantastic!! Not only did they alleviate my pain, they look and feel terrific! I wish I had discovered them years ago.

This morning I did my errands wearing them, and my legs continue to feel great. These will now be part of my daily wardrobe!

UNDERDRESSER
04-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Glad you've found some improvements, but at your age, have you been to the Doctor lately? I'm specifically concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis. Things like long drives, or flights, are often a precipitating factor. Just extended sitting in general.

stephNE
04-03-2014, 11:29 AM
I have been having problems with the beginnings of arthritis in my knees. In the cold weather support hose and tights help more than you can imagine. I have been wearing them to work (underdressing every day), but now that it is starting to get warmer out, I will surely miss wearing them.

Linda E. Woodworth
04-03-2014, 12:08 PM
I have been huge fan of underdressing for years.

I wear Hanes "Alive" with my leotard while doing my workouts.

They give me the support I like while looking great too!:)

Karen kc
04-03-2014, 01:20 PM
have done, do now, and hopefully will continue to do so!! GUILTY lol

Beverley Sims
04-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Sometimes gentle compression works wonders.

Rhonda Ann
04-03-2014, 05:45 PM
MysteryWoman, you are my new hero. I am up there in age myself. At my job I do a lot of walking, my schedule is 4 days on and 4 days off and sometime it takes the full 4 days to recover. I will be going to stores until I find the Hanes Alive pantyhose. Thanks for the good tip!

Chari
04-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Tights and support hose are great for the colder days, but if leg support is still needed in warmer weather, consider trying a pair of Legg's Sheer Energy PH which come in a variety of shades with reasonable prices. Enjoy.

~Joanne~
04-03-2014, 05:58 PM
When my legs start acting up and I need the extra warmth to help them, I have a few pairs of Legg's active support. They are great :D

Ms. Alexis
04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I used to underdress a lot esp. in the winter, although here in lower NC even in the winter it's sometimes hard. Panties Always! Tights under my pants in the cold and sports bra's when I think I can get away with it. Have to say that I've not under-dressed so much in recent years, perhaps because I'm a little tighter with the folks I work with. .. But the tights are great for keeping warm without having a lot of bulk on, and Sexy too!

CynthiaD
04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
My doctor has recommended I wear stockings for circulation problems, and it's fairly common knowledge that ordinary pantyhose work just about as well as medical stockings. There for a while I was having problems with swollen feet because of sitting all day. Wearing pantyhose every day cured the problem. The black ones look almost like socks, but I've gotten so I don't really care about that anymore. When I was researching the problem I discovered that a wide variety of non-CD males wear pantyhose. Long-haul truckers wear them for circulation. Professional football players wear them for warmth. Others wear them just because they want to. In Europe there are brands of pantyhose marketed specifically for men.

Pantyhose: they're not just good, they're also good for you!

mechamoose
04-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Panty hose have long been accepted as good for your legs!

- MM

BLUE ORCHID
04-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi MM, It's too bad that it took 20yrs. to figure that out.

Margaret
04-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Here in Australia the cooler weather is approaching. it will be time to wear "sheer relief" pantyhose (an Australian brand?) every day under my drab clothes. The mild compression works wonders.
Most times the pantyhose will be worn with a full brief and often a panty girdle. I love winter!

Allison Chaynes
04-03-2014, 11:16 PM
I remember using the "they're cheaper than compression socks" excuse with the wife :)