PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Encouragement for Someone with That Desire to Go Out.

Rhonda Ann
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Less than a month ago I started going out to a club. I am a straight gurl/male, even though I knew if I wanted to start going out in my home town it would have to be to a gay club. That's fine, I have no problem with men that are gay, some of my best friends are gay and now all my best friends are gay. Anyway for a little update from my first outing, I feel as if a one ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I had been in hiding for most of my life. Hoping this will be a little encouragement for some that have that longing desire to go out and has that fear that I know all too well. I highly encourage you to find a place and be what you want to be a do what you like doing. I have become a regular at this club and the support and encouragement I get from these men is unbelievable. They have told me other crossdressers go to this club, even though I have yet to see one, I am sure I will eventually. Everyone in the club I go to knows I'm straight and show me the upmost respect as I show them the same respect. Point being, if you have that longing desire to go out and haven't, don't wait, life isn't getting any shorter. I wish I had done this years ago. I think the one thing that helped me the most was, I got on the phone and called the club and made sure I wouldn't cause a problem and that I would be safe and actually the first time was a little easier than the second. I don't know why, maybe because I knew they were expecting me the first time, the second I just went. I hope this helps someone.

Anna H
04-03-2014, 05:46 PM
I'd be absolutely comfortable in a gay place. I've been to many of them.
Never dressed up though, but that's just the way things worked out...not
because I didn't want to.

They don't know that I'm not gay myself, so i don't stand out. They also
don't care if they find out I'm not.

I feel very safe and not at all self-conscious in gay clubs. They usually watch
out for those in & outside as well.

I'd say it's the safest idea in the world for someone who wanted to get
out dressed. I may take a trip up to Atlanta this summer so I can go
out dressed...(it's not safe here where i am)

I sure as heck wouldn't go into an unfamiliar straight bar in a dress.

And of course...mileage may vary and all of that. It all depends on where and
when I guess. lol!

:happy:

Rhonda Ann
04-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I'd be absolutely comfortable in a gay place. I've been to many of them.
Never dressed up though, but that's just the way things worked out...not
because I didn't want to.

I feel very safe and not at all self-conscious in gay clubs. They usually watch
out for those in & outside as well.

:happy:

They definitely watch out for you, I got caught off guard by and individual that asked for a ride. Nobody in the club had ever seen this man and knew nothing about him. I was desperate and scared, I tried to get out and get away but he caught up to me. I was in a "wth am I going to do?" He got in my truck and I took him home with no incident "WHEW". To top it off a car started following me after I dropped him off, I went into panic mode. When the car caught up to me and pulled up beside me I recognized them from the club "Double WHEW". We stopped and talked, they were concerned about my well being and making sure I was okay. The best people in the world. Lesson learned

Beverley Sims
04-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Rhonda,
That is how you do it, just go out with confidence and conduct yourself accordingly.
Always treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.

Jenelle
04-03-2014, 06:10 PM
It is interested you posted this as my gf and I were just talking about us going out while I am dressed. When I say just, I do mean within the past hour. She knows I want to go out (once I feel ready) and mentioned there has to be a place in <insert redacted area>. I said I am sure there is but there is a club downtown that hosts "ladies" night twice a month. She is totally ready to go and is just waiting on me.

sherri
04-03-2014, 06:52 PM
They definitely watch out for you, I got caught off guard by and individual that asked for a ride. Nobody in the club had ever seen this man and knew nothing about him. I was desperate and scared, I tried to get out and get away but he caught up to me. I was in a "wth am I going to do?" He got in my truck and I took him home with no incident "WHEW". To top it off a car started following me after I dropped him off, I went into panic mode. When the car caught up to me and pulled up beside me I recognized them from the club "Double WHEW". We stopped and talked, they were concerned about my well being and making sure I was okay. The best people in the world. Lesson learnedThat's a heart-warming story, but good grief gurl, if there's a next time do NOT get in that truck with a stranger! Just go back in the club and get help. So glad you're okay. And I know what you mean, good people have watched out for me, too.

Princess Grandpa
04-03-2014, 06:53 PM
My wife and I frequent a tgirl event. I believe the venue is typically a gay bar. We have been there during the tgirl events and at other times. Funny, I see as many apperantly hetero couples as we do gay couples. It's an amazing time getting out. I'm glad you found a place to go and feel safe!

Jenelle we are coming down to SD for a day at balboa park and then some clubbing after that. Probably a dozen girls of more if your interested in joining us.

Hug
Rita

JanetM.
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Rhonda Ann, that is excellent advice. I plan on going out next Tuesday night as Janet. Although I'm nervous and wish I had some company, I think everything will be ok.