PDA

View Full Version : been there done that.

bianncats
04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Well like many of you, the time has come. My wife of twenty eight years has moved on to another residence. I hung on for twenty eight years, but she's been unhappy for the last 18. I"m guessing that it was about the ten year mark that she found out that I crossdressed. It's sort of an empty, guilty feeling as she moves on in a direction that is better for her. Best wishes Monique...Thank you for everything..I have been truly blessed to have you in my life. I love and thank you.

B...

Marcia Blue
04-03-2014, 09:35 PM
I am so sorry.

samantha rogers
04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I am so sorry, honey. It can happen to any of us, I fear. Hugs

sanderlay
04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm very sorry things did not work out. Sounds like you both tried to make it work. But when you're both unhappy and you can't work it out it's time to separate. It will be healthier for you both this way.

Being single does have its advantages. So look at the positives and take full advantage of them.

Hugs :)

Beverley Sims
04-04-2014, 12:33 AM
The way you speak I feel very sorry for you.
I do hope you remain in contact though.
There seems like a lasting friendship lingering there.

Katey888
04-04-2014, 04:06 AM
Sorry also to hear that... difficult to take anything positive sometimes from these circumstances, but..

You recognise that she can move on in a direction better for her, which is thoughtful and caring of you - and likewise you have a responsibility to yourself to move on in a direction better for you, whatever that may be...

And separation may not mean the end of friendship, but it can be a tough and lonely time to get through... my thoughts are with you...

Katey x

Marcelle
04-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your marriage. Divorce is difficult under any circumstances. However, it sounds like you are both in a good place and are now prepared to move on with your respective lives. Hopefully you can remain friends and remember we are all here for you.

Hugs

Isha

Lynn Marie
04-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Trust me, your new adventure is just beginning. The possibilities are unlimited. Get out and meet some new people. Divorced people are some of the very best folks on the planet. We've all failed and we're humbled by that fact. As a group, we're a lot less haughty and proud. Just ordinary little people making new friends and loved ones. Since my divorce, life has been better than ever! I wish the same for you.

sherri
04-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I like your perspective, Lynn. Divorce does bring us face to face with ourselves.

Annaliese
04-04-2014, 08:25 AM
I am sorry, your post shows you are still in love with her. You will never get over that, but you can some day you will move on. You will always have the memories.

Connief
04-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry to see your getting divorced. 28 years is a long time, my ex and I lasted 26 before she decided to move on. Knowing the whole time about my dressing. I do hope you two remain friends. Its good to see you wish her well and happiness. You too will find that in time as well.

:hugs:
Connie

Krisi
04-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Divorce is difficult but it happens to the best (and worst) of us. Been there, done that.

It's time now to move on with your life. I tried being friends with my ex wives but it didn't work out well so now I have no contact with them. For me, that's easier.

I swore I would never fall in love or marry again, but eventually I met someone and did both. It's been 32 years now. You will find your partner if you try.

MsVal
04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Oh, my, what a bittersweet tale.
My mom and dad divorced when I was young but remained close friends. I hope that you and your ex each live a long and happy life, apart, if not together.

I'm coming to grips with the expectation that I have about 80% of my life behind me. There are still places I want to go and things I want to do. Personal happiness is a bit more important now than it used to be.

Why is that relevant?

Sad as a failed marriage can be, I think it would be sadder still to grow old while feeling miserable every remaining day.

Best wishes
MsVal

bianncats
04-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Thank you to all of you who responded. I appreciate the wisdom you share in your messages. We are both in a better place. As Sam Malone...Have a good life, Monique (Diane).