PDA

View Full Version : Almost shouted out.

Georgina
04-04-2014, 03:18 AM
I was watching the news, last night, with a male friend, when a lady came on screen wearing a red skirt suit. I almost shouted out "I have that in blue" My male friend does not know about my dressing and I would have given myself away. Her suit was exactly like mine, except for the colour, and I was so close to what would have been an awkward situation. I am sure others have been in the same scenario.

Marcelle
04-04-2014, 04:00 AM
Hi Georgina,

That would have truly been a bit awkward. I can see the conversation now:

You: I have that in blue

Friend: Huh? Have what in blue?

You: Ahhhhhhhhhh . . . the . . . um . . . thingy in the background of . . . with the stuff . . . and . . . the doo hicky on it.

Friend: What?

You: It was in the shot behind the . . . woman . . . beer?

Friend: Sure

Hugs

Isha

Paula Siemen
04-04-2014, 07:46 AM
I've had that same thing happen. There is a dress I purchased at Ross. Its black with a colored satin frilly upper section. Mine is black and tourquoise. I saw that same dress on an anchor lady of the local news on tv in black and pink. I've since seen that dress in later visits to Ross in several other colors. I really like the dress and feel very girly with the frilly top part when I wear it.

I also saw a young lady wearing another dress like I owne at the grocery store. I was standing behind her in the check_out line and had to bite my tongue not to say I have tht same dress and I love it. I was in drab at the time but I wish now I had made the comment just to see her reaction?

Karren H
04-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Your male friend may have been thinking the same thing? lol

Amanda Roberts
04-04-2014, 08:46 AM
This is soo funny! You just made my day! Thank you for sharing this with us :)

~Amanda

Beverley Sims
04-04-2014, 10:13 AM
I have put my foot in it on more than one occasion and then tried to explain what I really did not mean to say. :)

Debra Russell
04-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Have seen other women with matching clothing when I have been with my wife and both of us exclaim "we have that" at the same time - and have come close to doing the same as you in a group -- yep you have to be cognisant ! .............................Debra

Krisi
04-04-2014, 11:27 AM
My wife and sometime see a woman wearing something I also have. I've never been tempted to comment on it except to my wife.

Adriana Moretti
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
you gotta love that....i love being in public seeing things i have....lately i can call out mac lipstick shades on women...

carhill2mn
04-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Yes, one of my best GW friends sometimes wears the same twinset as I have and I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying something!

reb.femme
04-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Saw a girl at work in the same top as this. I could have outed myself to the entire accounts department in a single, "I've got that too". :heehee:

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk/images/Reb_1779_700h.jpg.

Ashley Lyn
04-04-2014, 04:15 PM
I often see something a lady is wearing when I'm with the SO, and either she or I will mentioned that I'd look good in that..
I need to be very careful when I'm 'out with the guys', especially when I am drinking..

alyssamc
04-04-2014, 04:25 PM
A couple of years ago I was dating a woman who did not know about my Alyssa side. Two dates in a row, she shows up wearing the exact brand, style and color of shoes I also owned.

Anna H
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
I worked in a shoe repair place for awhile. Strippers used to bring their
heels in for repairs. One brought in some Candies just like mine and I said
it before thinking that "I have some just like them!"

She looked at me for a few seconds and said "Really?"

I caught myself and told her "Yep, but I fixed them and they were picked up
already."

I ended up fixing all of her shoes. Some of them had some Really Nice shoes! lol!

:happy:

Chickhe
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Its even more challenging when your wife suddenly appears wearing something you wear and you almost say 'why are you digging through my stuff and wearing it?!' ...happened once and I had to secretly check my own collection and discovered mine was still there...